• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants WARNING: interaction between bupropion and amphetamine

crOOk

Bluelighter
So I've been on 300mg bupropion (aka wellbutrin) and 300mg lamotrigine (aka lamictal) per day for around half a year and have had an ounce of amphetamine lying around for quite some time (maybe half a year? a year?) without using any of it since it is really bad in respect to my affective stability (bipolar disorder 1). When I first received it, I found the material contains around 20% amphetamine freebase and 10% salt, which is more than 90% of European street amphetamine samples. I eventually couldn't resist and used some. I needed a whole lot and figured what I am looking is either very weak material (mistakes during extraction) or a lot of the freebase was lost during storage (despite being stored in a very cold freezer).

There was one day on which I actually IV'ed 6g of the stuff within around 5 hours (this should be a massive overdose, so for the love of god do NOT repeat this even if you are on bupropion), despite only having used amphetamine for a few times in the weeks prior to this, always with effects being much less intense than expected from the respective dose. Eventually I came to feel a bit hypomanic (probably due to my drug use) and had to lay off the bupropion for a good 2 weeks. During the tail end of these two weeks and after I had already gone back on the bupropion I took amphetamine again and found 100mg consumed intranasally (non-extracted, so it should come out as roughly 30mg amphetamine) to cause a strong reaction, beyond what I considered necessary to keep me from being tired that day.

I figure that the long term bupropion use massively increases my tolerance to stimulants, probably by a factor of 10 or 20. This tolerance might be much less pronounced or even inverted for you, so do NOT increase your pre-burpropion dosage if you ever have the idea to use stimulants while having been medicated with bupropion for an extended amount of time.

You should also be VERY cautious about your stimulant doses after you lay off your bupropion. It took a few days for my brain to readjust after I laid off the bupropion. Also keep in mind that there is an off chance the lamotrigin contributed to the tolerance.

Stay safe!
I know this has been mentioned before, but since I am absolutely astonished about the extent of this phenomenom that I think a separate thread with an explicit warning in the original post might be a good idea.

I noticed this as well.
as in, its difficult to get high on amph while you're on wellbutrin.

This brings me into a difficult situation, a dilemma even. I was planning to use 3-Fluoro-Phenmetrazine intravenously to
-figure out the active dosage and report it to the forum
-check out how strong the rush is

This will obviously not work when I'm on bupropion. The dilemma though is that if I quit my bupropion for two weeks my affect will definitely flatten out, making me more likely to abuse 3F-P which is obviously not what I have in mind. I'm afraid I will get off the bupropion for this occasion though, since both the fiend and the explorer in me are quite powerful.