View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

lsd trip first time help

Coffeemixer

Greenlighter
So this Friday I am going to be tripping lsd for the first time with my friend. I've done all the research that I could, I have a sober friend to watch us that I trust when I trip, I am setting up a music playlist, I am going to have a notebook and pencils to write/draw, some legos to build with, and even go outside, so I believe i should have a pretty good trip. I am still nervous I may have a bad one. Also my friend who is doing it with me for his first time has extreme paranoia, any suggestions on what to do with that, and he is also prescribed vyvanse, will he be okay to take his normal dose? And if you go into a bad trip can you definitely get out of it?

Yes you can get out of a bad trip, the best thing with LSD is to chill out. Yeah getting a playlist, things to do seems like great preparation - I have never found it useful though. Have a safe place and time the following day to recover - the rest normally falls into place. Your taste of music could be very different when you start tripping and you may find that you want to listen to something very different to what you would expect.

Having a few benzos about can give you a safety blanket, but again there not normally needed (just knowing they are there can help).

If your with a sober sitter that's half the battle, if your friend starts to freak out at least your sober friend can talk rationally with them and bring them around a bit.

Let go of all expectations. Go with each feeling.

Have your friend skip the stimulant. Unless you already tripped. If so how was it?

welcome to bluelight. i'm going to move your thread to the appropriate section.

support -> psychedelic drugs