• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The real reason we all do drugs.

PsychedelicWizard

Bluelighter
It is really simple... reality isn't what we all want it to be. The world could be such a better place, a place where everyone loves each other, there are no wars, diseases, fighting, or bad things of any kind, a world in which everyone is happy and connected, nobody is isolated or alienated. But instead we don't live in that world. So what do we do? Try to change it? Change takes a very long time, and doesn't ever seem to work. Embrace it? It cannot be done. Escape it? There we go. We cultivate our own realities and be content with that. That is why rehab rarely works. People turn to drugs to cope with the fact reality isn't ideal at all, and there's no real changing it. People then lie to themselves and say if they only didn't have a drug problem they'd be fine and happy. The real situation is that without drugs they'd have to face the fact they are living in a world that is messed up on so many levels, and you simply cannot live in that world without being demented, escaping it, or trying to change it.

Something to consider next time someone says it is you who has the problem, and not society.

My problem is I don't have enough drugs to escape my reality. I have pretty severe depression and the only way I can communicate and connect with people is through drugs.

In this world you can't change people, or anything else other then yourself and your environment. I choose to seek pleasure in drugs because it is the only thing that consistently makes me happy, that is my true reason for using drugs. Drugs are the fast food of the mind, quick, enjoyable, and if abused often times lead to a slow disease filled death.

Though I can agree with alot of what your saying, when it boils down to it, the main reason I use drugs is because I like the way they feel. My life isn't exactly shitty, I have a good job and a great GF... but at the end of the day I flat out enjoy getting fucked up. It seems that the majority insist that heavy drug users must have underlying issues, and while I agree that's true for quite a number of users, I also challenge that way of thinking at the same time. Everyones got their reasons though... and we can all agree the world can be a better place, sometimes you just gotta power through and deal with the shitty situation you were given, because it can always be worse...

^I think drugs are enjoyable to EVERYONE, no matter their underlying issues. If someone says they dont like drugs, they just haven't tried the right drug. The reason drugs are appealing to everyone I think is because we are all human, and unless one of us is in an enlightened place/nirvana/liberation/'awakened', then we still have alternate planes of reality to discover which can be quite interesting and enjoyable.

Who doesnt enjoy a good buzz? But the real problem isnt the fact that we get fucked up, its what we do to get fucked up... And since drugs are for the most part illegal, they are more expensive, harder to find, and more dangerous then they should be. So if your super rich and have a super connect then mabe your good but for most people who have to spend money, time, and energy they dont have just to get the drug thats where the problems start. I dont know how many dinners or other family events Ive been late for or missed all together cause I wasnt about to show up sick and looking like shit... But yea all drugs should be legal and if the founding fathers thought it such a big deal I think they would have mentioned it. But they more into the whole freedom of chocie thing... ALSO why the hell are ppl in the tea party not for legalizing drugs? All I ever hear them say is "dont tread on me", bitch thats all your doing when you say keep drugs illegal.

Because without it, (pregabalin) my life is flat out boring, and dull.

Drug use is not the problem, it is a solution to the problem. In other words i think we all use drugs to help with the shitty feelings we feel on a daily basis. See drug users are special, we've been places others haven't dared to venture.

Started to help my anxitey/deppression(pretty bad around age 19/20) and it worked! Love everything about opiates,nothing bad to say about them(for me) except the damn prices, which is what landed me on Bupe pretty much... My guy had some Norcos, and I was just like fuck, I like Hydrocodone actually because it's less stimulating than Oxy, but he only had a few and I would need 20 anyway because of the tolerance Bupe causes. Don't have the money to get high,but I might get some hydrocodone tomowrow if i'm fiening bad enough...hope there is some ABG 100mg Morphs around though, what I really want.

^I think drugs are enjoyable to EVERYONE, no matter their underlying issues. If someone says they dont like drugs, they just haven't tried the right drug. The reason drugs are appealing to everyone I think is because we are all human, and unless one of us is in an enlightened place/nirvana/liberation/'awakened', then we still have alternate planes of reality to discover which can be quite interesting and enjoyable.
I agree, but just because you like the way a drug affects you that doesn't mean your gonna become a heavy user (not saying you said that)... and there's no denying that there are plenty of addicts who use daily as more of an escape from their emotional pain as opposed to the love for the substance, though both can co-exist.

in other words i think we all use drugs to help with the shitty feelings we feel on a daily basis.
With that said... I disagree with this. Like I said I very much enjoy my life and don't have any issues that I would need to numb. Sounds like bullshit but it's true, and I've been abusing drugs long before I even knew what true emotional pain was. I will admit though, my health ain't great as of late but that's completely unrelated to my life long love for getting high.

"in other words i think we all use drugs to help with the shitty feelings we feel on a daily basis

With that said... I disagree with this. Like I said I very much enjoy my life and don't have any issues that I would need to numb. Sounds like bullshit but it's true, and I've been abusing drugs long before I even knew what true emotional pain was. I will admit though, my health ain't great as of late but that's completely unrelated to my life long love for getting high.

That statement was a poor representation of how I really feel. I do think it's very well possible to use drugs as an expression of happiness, rather than a means to try to obtain happiness. I use for both reasons..

I started doing drugs to escape mental pain (horrid purely obsessional OCD, horrid depression and horrid tourette-like symptoms, ex-Christian with 15 years of unanswered prayers).

I kept doing drugs to escape physical pain (developed a bad neck, back, tendency for headaches in my late teenage years).

And right now the situation is that what I've got access to isn't helping me so much, and that I live in a shithole. The OCD didn't get any better but I can handle it easier now. The nature of my life just seems to be that as soon as one problem is taken care of, another emerges.

I'll admit there was a bit of "I deserve this" in the beginning. All those years of life being awful to me. It was my turn to feel fine. In the process I learned a lot though. How I had wronged others and how they had wronged me. Ego-death allowed me to revert to the individual I was before I built up defenses to prevent caring on my part, to escape the OCD and depression. I was never perfect before or after, and even though I have a serious physical dependency (to benzos, from zolpidem which I no longer take) and a less serious physical dependency (to opioids), I want to say that it has made me a better person.

It's just at the point now though where there's not a whole lot I can do. My options are becoming increasingly close to being sober (with the exception of benzo maintenance, which has no active effect I can feel).

Still though, if life is going to be this fucking shitty not just in environment, in (American) culture, in people, but in the way I feel on a day to day basis, I don't want to live sober. Probably because I didn't want to live anyways, and without a choice I was made to live with the problems I have. I want to spend my time on this Earth perusing the artistic endeavours I have always looked forward to - there's no meaning or purpose for me to be here other than that and that I feel sympathy for those around me who do enjoy life and I know it'd hurt them if I took my own.

Drugs make things a little more tolerable.

Last edited:
Right? I operate heavy machinery at work, so getting high has its times. I dont want to jeopardize the lifes of others because i nod off at the wheel or let alone clearing some land with a dozer and it being the wrong land lol.

I guess if you had a desk job you might be able to get away getting high at work,.. Theres nothing scarier then having a panic accack 100+foot in the air on a utility pole because you decided to smoke some weed before climbing up there.

after that being said.. I take drugs to relax after a long day, or if i'm off work i take drugs to relax after a long day lmao.

Everyone has some good answers in here.

Damn D's, did you really have a panic attack after smokin and climbing that pole? I would die. I work in customer service soo drugs are sorda a need for me, kinda sucks cuz I end up wasting them at work when I want them when I'm off work(when I get something fun like some speed or something I don't do often, I guese I have to be on something at work since I'm physically dependent on shit.)

Life seems so boring without drugs, I could have all the money in the world and I'd still need them to fully enjoy it.

I was going to say we do because we get bored. But we also do because others do and feel good, so we get curious. And also because some of us need them. And later can´t live without them.