• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Lower Then Usual Doses Of Pharmaceutical Amphetamine Causing Depression

yteek

Bluelighter
As the title suggest, in the past I've used these sorts of drugs once in a blue moon. Last time I used Adderall it was 20mg instant release, now I've got some 10mgs that are also instant release. I find that I get a brief and short lived bit of euphoria, followed by primarily depression....

Is this common? I was just expecting less of the same, but, to be thrown the curve ball of straight up dysphoria and depression seems odd for a lower dose.

Would you all be led to believe a simple dose modification would override these negatives or perhaps I just ran out of all the positive benefits and now it is all downsides from here?

Set and setting plays a role even with amphetamine... give yourself something fun or creative to do, stay fed and hydrated, etc. 10mg should be more than enough for a non-regular-user.

The key thing is not sitting around waiting for the good feelings to come to you :)

I think you just need something to do. It's not a drug which makes you feel god doing nothing - like opiates or possibly benzos. It has to have some object. That's the beauty of it. It helps you get things done. Plus, adderall was designed to be optimized for attention, not euphoria, which dexedrine arguably is more specialized for. Just do something man.

Both today and last night, I set out to do shit and be productive but the wave or should I say cloud, came about.

With that being said, even if I didn't set out with hopes of utilizing the drug, the drug itself, will guarantee if I had no intent beforehand, I will find something usually thereafter.