• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

tell me why you hate christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

subotai

Bluelighter
when I was 5 years old my brother told me Santa wasn't real and showed me the presents hidden in the basement.

when I was 8 years old, my brother smashed a bunch of ornaments because my parents didnt get him NFL Blitz as a gift and it was the one thing he asked for. first time I remember seeing my mom cry

when I was 12 years old, my parents fucking hated each other and my Dad threw the two gifts my Mom had gotten for him in the trash without even opening them and there was a lot of door slamming that day. My brother (who was 15 at the time), decided he had had enough and me and him took my Dad's truck to go see Fat Albert in the movie theaters because my uncle got us free passes. It was a shitty movie

I didn't know what to ask for when I was 14 because I had enough World of Warcraft time already so I asked my parents to get me coal for christmas. they did.

When I was 15 on christmas eve, my aunt drank way too much and my Mom got all bitchy about the smell of alcohol at the dinner table and my aunt made a comment about the divorce and my mom started crying. I got a bunch of clothes that didnt fit

when I was 21, my brother showed up to dinner 3 hours late because he had to pick up his girlfriend from the ghetto and I wound up snorting heroin in the downstairs bathroom while we waited for him because I sure as fuck wasnt going to wait. dont even remember what I got that year, I told everyone to stop getting me gifts so I wouldnt feel as awkward when I didnt get them anything

the only positive Christmas memory I have is getting a Game Boy Color when I was 9 or 10 along with Pokemon Yellow but my Dad wouldn't let me play it until we got home and I could have been like halfway to Pewter City by that point. what the fuck

Why do you hate Christmas? besides the obvious and well-known reasons?

hadn't seen my dad in a long time, and he promised to take me to see my grandma for a christmas vacation in Amerika.

my family got me Amerikan dollars for the trip for xmas.

dad didn't show up, i sat by the door and waited all day. not even a call.

fuck you santa.

hadn't seen my dad in a long time, and he promised to take me to see my grandma for a christmas vacation in Amerika.

my family got me Amerikan dollars for the trip for xmas.

dad didn't show up, i sat by the door and waited all day. not even a call.

fuck you santa.

thats rough harm<3

Well, it requires staying in a house my alcoholic, perpetually arguing, narcissistic parents, mostly. I don't really want to go home for Christmas this year but I already bought the plane tickets and I don't have time to make other plans, so... yeah.

I grew up learning to hate Christmas.. my mother from Belfast Ireland just hated Christmas because when her mother passed away she was pissed off and 12 years old ending up getting adopted put in the system. She ended up coming to America for some dumb ass reason and had me. Ever since I hate my life and all holidays...fuck it I'm a wee tipsy.

R.I.P. Mom I love you, 1st Christmas without you, and I know how you felt all those fucking years now. Cheers lets toast to getting trashed.

Small talk with by BF's family is a pain
Spoiled nephews and nieces running around screaming and complaining about their gifts piss me off
Otherwise I enjoy having some time off with my BF, I just hate the mandatory family time...

My last gf expected me to spend time, as in visit for 2 weeks, with her family. I didn't get much vacation time for work at the job I had then, and that visit took up most of my vacation days. There were otehr places I wanted to go and at different times of the year. I also hate the expectation of buying gifts for people I don't know well enough to choose a good gift or like enough (my xgfs family) to want to give them anything. And I always hated the gifts they gave me; they did their christmas shopping at Walmart - the gifts either broke right away or they were the kind of things I would never want to use.

its okay tbh, it would be a bit of a let down if i worked 54 weeks a year and had all this expectation of christmas time, but honestly its just a family lunch i have to endure. i do jack shit anyway it changes nothing really. in fact i usually find that i become manic around christmas time, maybe its like this collective consciousness spirit elevation caused by xmas which unhinges me into positivity zone x100.

I don't hate christmas at all. only things I don't like is having no money for presents or drugs, and having to stay one long afternoon with the family (without drugs it tends to be a little boring). but christmas goes by fast... the thing I really hate are the days betweed christmas and new year, there's nothing really going on and you just sit around, depressed mood after the christmas-days, but this year it will be different since I'm off the booz! this year no binge, no booz drinking, keeping it up looking on the brighter side :D

I ordered some stuff on account, so I pay later when the wellfare money rolls in. lovely!

reminds me of what a fuck up i am by not being able 2 buy all my nieces n nephews presents aswell as my parents of course

I don´t hate Christmas, but I dislike the need of being so much in good moods with everyone all the time.
It seems a little hipocrital self righteous.

Hate to be the grinch.... But...

Welcome to the Festivus Forum. This forum was created as a place to spread holiday cheer among the Bluelight family. This forum will remain open until 11 January 2014.

What this forum is for:
  • Sharing the holiday spirit with all of Bluelight.
  • Posting holiday related threads.

What this forum is NOT for:
  • Trolling.
  • A dumping ground for shit threads.
  • Bitching about how much you hate the holidays.

The BLUA still applies here, and this forum is overseen by the senior staff. Unacceptable behaviour will result in warnings or infractions if needed. This is NOT the Lounge. Keep Lounge behaviour where it belongs.

Please show some respect for this forum. The staff have put in a good amount of time in doing this, and remember, this is for YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.