I'm a lady looking for some listeners

SEEDofLIFE

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,

I'm 22, new to Blue Light. been using a variety of things for about 7 years now.
I recently battled with a 6 month H addiction, and finally am happy to say I'm sober. Yet here I am, on blue light because I just want to join the rest of the people who I know feel my pain. I was going to college, studying Graphic Design. I'd rate myself as a pretty good artist, but I'm modest. I was struggling with a meth addiction while in school (snorting it), still making A's and B's on projects (attendance was another story). It was like addy for me, but as the weeks...months went on, I was becoming an ice zombie. Trying to make friends in a new town is so frustrating when all you know how to relate to people is through drugs. I couldn't relate to the bar scene...I'd rather trip, smoke weed or on occasion shoot ice or do H with a friend who I trusted. I wouldn't look like an addict from the outside, maybe a pot head. I'm a relatively good girl, and I enjoy having conversations about life, art, science, the universe and everything.

-------background---------

I think I spiraled out of control when my ex (who got into H 2 years after we had split up), committed suicide. I tried to "reconnect" with some of our old friends back in the day. Of course, they too were gripped by the needle and were crazy fucked on ice. I just joined the party, thinking I was "being smart". You know, clean needles, good friends you trust, and people who can hit your vein the first time. It seems like a no brainer, when your single and alone. We would go long boarding like we used to, talk about everything (for hours :0) and do huge amounts of meth (just one good shot every few days) that it felt like we were rolling like we used to do in high school. Light-gloving, feeling good and I seemed happy. But mourning the loss of our friend through huge amounts of ice, wasn't the best choice I'll admit.

-----------------------------

I finally kicked the ice (along with MDMA, and coke). I never thought I could do it, but I did. It felt good.
Soon enough, me and my current boyfriend began fucking with opiate pills (we formed our relationship while drugs were always around, starting with ice and everything in between). Began with a few vicodin from time to time, and then oxys...and you know how the story goes. To save money we started using Heroin. Things got bad quickly. Surprisingly, no one would know from the outside. I finally had a job I loved at a sushi restaurant, and was making great tips. I looked happy on the outside. Getting high on h became my meth. There is a moment when it flips from a relaxing "take it easy" drug, to an all out upper. I can't even say if I ever went to sleep. I was just taking naps in the middle of the day, in between shifts and doing just enough to get high to fade out of consciousness through the night. Luckily, I wasn't IVing regularly. The H was strong enough (I live close to the border), that we just monkey watered it, and squirted it up our noses (10+ times a day). Our habit got to about $40 a day. The worst part was we drove 50 min one way to get it, almost every other day. The curse of having a job that paid in great tips, and looking fine on the outside, slowly began to kill me from the inside. I finally confessed to my parents what was going on with us. I quit my job, checked into an out patient program, got a little therapy, some suboxone....and...

HERE I AM. exactly 135 days later. I survived the hardest, most depressing year of my life. I'm on here, just to share my story and talk to users and addicts. I just relate to people who like to change their perspective on life. I've been craving some psychedelics (mushrooms specifically), but I don't know if it's really what I need.

What do you guys think? I want to move to Colorado, and go to back to school. I just worry I'm going to seek out people like me, people with drug history, who understand the world of drugs. I just relate to these people better. They are typically more open, more artistic and liberal. I know there are spiritual people who are also sober, and open minded. I'm just young, and everyone around me is drunk or high. I feel like I'm going to isolate even more in a new city, and sink into depression because I'm "not what I used to be". I have to recreate my whole sense of self, and it's scary. Do you think that maybe I can't judge my experience studying art on a time when I was addicted to drugs? Is moving to a new state really going to fix things? :?

I would appreciate all the thoughts, comments and advice...

Thanks so much. Glad to be here.

- E

Last edited by a moderator:
hey seedoflife-- i am going to move this over to a forum called the dark side, so that way hopefully you can get more support there.

Welcome to BL!
I´m sorry your post is too long. I got lost somewhere in the middle..
I´ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
Hang in there!

Last edited:
^^ I hope I'm not counted in the 'we' your using there :\

Hi SEEDofLIFE, I'm sure many people here can relate to the problem of trying to build a life outside of the world of drug use. It a very positive thing that you're thinking about this now.

I'm sure for some situations moving away for a 'fresh start' can be very helpful but in itself moving doesn't change that much because IME we are generally trying to get away from ourselves, the one person we can't leave behind.

You seem to have some great plans to move things forward with going back to school, it's important that you have goals and aspirations beyond getting wasted. You've already come so far, your inner strength can take you anywhere you want to go <3

Youre doing the absolute best thing by choosing to move,change your life,pursue your dreams and try to do something different than drugs.

Im only 3years older than you,but already in the 7nth year of active H addiction,and i tell you girl,its not worth it.Sure,i too seem to be a normal person from the outside,but i know im just a shadow of myself right now.
Used to write songs,play in a band etc,but H kills creativity(unless youre Johnny Thunders or Cobain),imagination slowly fades away.
I stick with the drug only because of the habit,and that will have to change,but becomes harder as time goes by.

Its just not worth it..

Remember,drugs will always be there,but youth and opportunities wont.Give it a shot,hang in there and see how it works out.

i'm in colorado,i don't use anything besides kratom. i don't even drink or smoke anything.

this is an amazing place to live. depending on where you're looking to go, a lot of people here are pretty decent.

if you wanna talk or be friends feel free to send me a PM or add me as a friend. i'm a 27 F :D

hope you get some insight, i think you're on the right track from what i have read. and welcome to BL, there are some awesome people here. itls an awesome community. i'm also slightly new.

don't be shy if you wanna chat

<3

I´m really sorry for what you have gone through and for not having read your introduction more respectfully.
I feel that you are too young to go through so much suffer. But you do have one life ahead of you. And things can change indeed.
You should try to go back to school and moving on sounds like a good idea. I´ve been in Colorado and as bad as I looked back then I did not find so many people like me. Searched for them but find good old folks who I lived with.
We can be liberal and more spiritual than other ordinary people but in different ways.
I hope you find what you are looking for. Get away from the people you are hanging around because as you mentioned they are drunk or high.
I personally think you are too young to sink in depression but you are going to be okay. It´s a seed inside you that decides this according to your wishes.
I believe moving to a new place can help. But remember to change what you need to change in yourself.
Again, please accept my apologies for my earlier reply! And I really wish you all the best.
:)

Hey SEEDofLife.

The thing about drugs is they are everywhere. If we want to find them we can with very little trouble.

I think a move might be a great idea. I also love CO and am moving back any day now.=D

The thing about moving is where ever we go there we are. Just something to think about.

I have to recreate my whole sense of self

This is what curing your addiction is all about. We forget who we are. Look to your heart to find anything you have lost.

CO has had a huge influx of people since the 90's. People have moved there from all over the place. People are pretty laid back and friendly and its pretty easy to make new friends, esp if you get back into school and I would if I were you. Does not take long to become a resident of CO to get instate tuition.

CO is the shit, but SSSSSHHHHHH we don't want everyone moving there.

Congratulations on all that you have accomplished, no easy feet right there 8o:D

Hey everyone,

I'm 22, new to Blue Light. been using a variety of things for about 7 years now.
I recently battled with a 6 month H addiction, and finally am happy to say I'm sober. Yet here I am, on blue light because I just want to join the rest of the people who I know feel my pain. I was going to college, studying Graphic Design. I'd rate myself as a pretty good artist, but I'm modest. I was struggling with a meth addiction while in school (snorting it), still making A's and B's on projects (attendance was another story). It was like addy for me, but as the weeks...months went on, I was becoming an ice zombie. Trying to make friends in a new town is so frustrating when all you know how to relate to people is through drugs. I couldn't relate to the bar scene...I'd rather trip, smoke weed or on occasion shoot ice or do H with a friend who I trusted. I wouldn't look like an addict from the outside, maybe a pot head. I'm a relatively good girl, and I enjoy having conversations about life, art, science, the universe and everything.

-------background---------

I think I spiraled out of control when my ex (who got into H 2 years after we had split up), committed suicide. I tried to "reconnect" with some of our old friends back in the day. Of course, they too were gripped by the needle and were crazy fucked on ice. I just joined the party, thinking I was "being smart". You know, clean needles, good friends you trust, and people who can hit your vein the first time. It seems like a no brainer, when your single and alone. We would go long boarding like we used to, talk about everything (for hours :0) and do huge amounts of meth (just one good shot every few days) that it felt like we were rolling like we used to do in high school. Light-gloving, feeling good and I seemed happy. But mourning the loss of our friend through huge amounts of ice, wasn't the best choice I'll admit.

-----------------------------

I finally kicked the ice (along with MDMA, and coke). I never thought I could do it, but I did. It felt good.
Soon enough, me and my current boyfriend began fucking with opiate pills (we formed our relationship while drugs were always around, starting with ice and everything in between). Began with a few vicodin from time to time, and then oxys...and you know how the story goes. To save money we started using Heroin. Things got bad quickly. Surprisingly, no one would know from the outside. I finally had a job I loved at a sushi restaurant, and was making great tips. I looked happy on the outside. Getting high on h became my meth. There is a moment when it flips from a relaxing "take it easy" drug, to an all out upper. I can't even say if I ever went to sleep. I was just taking naps in the middle of the day, in between shifts and doing just enough to get high to fade out of consciousness through the night. Luckily, I wasn't IVing regularly. The H was strong enough (I live close to the border), that we just monkey watered it, and squirted it up our noses (10+ times a day). Our habit got to about $40 a day. The worst part was we drove 50 min one way to get it, almost every other day. The curse of having a job that paid in great tips, and looking fine on the outside, slowly began to kill me from the inside. I finally confessed to my parents what was going on with us. I quit my job, checked into an out patient program, got a little therapy, some suboxone....and...

HERE I AM. exactly 135 days later. I survived the hardest, most depressing year of my life. I'm on here, just to share my story and talk to users and addicts. I just relate to people who like to change their perspective on life. I've been craving some psychedelics (mushrooms specifically), but I don't know if it's really what I need.

What do you guys think? I want to move to Colorado, and go to back to school. I just worry I'm going to seek out people like me, people with drug history, who understand the world of drugs. I just relate to these people better. They are typically more open, more artistic and liberal. I know there are spiritual people who are also sober, and open minded. I'm just young, and everyone around me is drunk or high. I feel like I'm going to isolate even more in a new city, and sink into depression because I'm "not what I used to be". I have to recreate my whole sense of self, and it's scary. Do you think that maybe I can't judge my experience studying art on a time when I was addicted to drugs? Is moving to a new state really going to fix things? :?

I would appreciate all the thoughts, comments and advice...

Thanks so much. Glad to be here.

- E

I think Im in love.... fuck Colorado move to morgantown, youll love it no meth, plenty of weed, and plenty of good people... lol but seriouslly its not that your have to recreate yourself, you have to reconnect with what you enjoyed doing sober... I went to school for graphic design too and when Im getting high I dont do anything, but when Im sobber I cant stop working on projects... good luck w everything

thank yew :3

Hey everyone!
Thanks so much for your comments. You all have really motivated me to push towards my new horizons, and not be so down on myself because of the past. Trying to work on living in the now, and being present. I agree, moving won't necessarily change the way I feel about myself, but I think it's a good step in the right direction. Colorado has been calling my name for the past 2 years, and I think it will fit me nicely. Glad to see others agree c: Texas has it's perks but it's becoming over whelmingly vast and monotonous. I know with mediation, some yoga and the support of my fam (and bl friends) I will move on from the darkside and be living in the light.

Really appreciate the replies

I think moving will be great for you if you are vigilant when the initial loneliness hits. It can be hard if you have used drugs in the past when you are put in an uncomfortable situation (like being new to an area and alone) so take care. It helps to strategize a bit before you land in a new place. My son and his girlfriend just moved to a new city and they had a room lined up after talking with multiple people from Craigslist before they ever got there. That way, they slightly knew their roommates right from the get-go. Check out meet-up.com for the area you plan to move to and see if there are any interest groups that suit you. Since you are into yoga that should be a good place to meet like minded people, too.

I did want to comment on one thing you said that I think might be a limiting perception and that is that artists tend to be drug users. I have lived in various art communities all my life (I'm 60) and I don't think we use drugs any more than any of the other communities I'm a part of...or any less either. I haven't used drugs in years and while I have lots of friends that do (weed for the most part) I have more that don't. This was less true when I was your age but TBH none of the people I went to art school with did many drugs. Art does for me what drugs used to do for me when I was really young: it provides engagement and adventure, keeps me from ever being bored and satisfies my thirst for something deeper in life.

Welcome, stick around and get to know people. I look forward to hearing how it all unfolds for you.<3

Moving is the best thing to do by the sound of things - remove all bad contact and memories of what happened - you can do anything if you put your mind and willpower into it! but as herbavore says, dealing with the initial loneliness will be the worst part; but that will soon pass when you meet new people.
As tempting as it seems to take drugs when they're available, just try to do something to take your mind off of them, enjoy yourself, and prevent yourself (probably not much help at all here) but the past is in the past, look forward to what good will come in the future :D

You should do what you love, go back to school, study graphic design, focus on your future life and what you really want from it :) Sometimes changes have to be made, and it sounds like you're well on your way to planning to leave the old past behind; stick at it!

Hope I didn't sound like a dick in that post :|

Please keep us updated on how it's going for you :) it'll be interesting to hear and everyone in here is interested to see how it goes for you :)

Best Wishes

Chris

Hey. Thank you for sharing your story. It must have taken a lot to share something like that. Thank you.

Keeping that in mind, you should realize that it is all in the past now. Now, the life is in your hands and you must make amends to pursue your avenues and dreams.

We get this life only once. Don't waste it. Take control, push yourself out of the mess and live it.

Take care! :)