• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. The Endorphin Factory

I am constantly walking and climbing the stairs. I haven't used the elevator for a long time. But I am a bit lazy to go back to regular exercises as used to. When I get home I need to rest for half an hour and that makes it difficult to start over and go out. I'll keep trying..

I continue to walk daily, and now have added an exercise bike to my workout repertoire. I am working on strengthening the muscles supporting my knees in order to avoid knee surgery/replacement down the line. It is overcast and a bit rainy today... perfect weather in my book for a nice long walk.

∆ nice.. Start crushing it again Erik when you find time.

Strong workout today.. Stretched in the hot tub, walked a mile, lifted back and shoulders hard, throwing in abs almost everyday now.

Feal capital:)

Indeed NSA, starting again. Want to get a bit of that great feeling after one hour swimming. :)

Dug in an laid some flagstone ornamental rock.. Walked and rolled chest tries and abs.. might have went a day early for chest as I did not go up and kinda struggled.. probably should have taken another day. I'm going to throw in another day so that i break up the back shoulders and then chest back to back.

Just going to run tomorrow. Going to roll a leg day this week as the leg is coming along great.

Rested most of the day, but scheduled for a swimming hour first thing tomorrow. :)
I feel that I'm slowly catching up, it does feel good!

Woke up early and exercised, swimmmed for one hour. I'm so hungry now. :)

Getting some exercises but still not as regularly as I need. I am so lethargic sometimes..

Getting some exercises but still not as regularly as I need. I am so lethargic sometimes..

+1
The longer, warmer days are making it easier in some regards though. Outdoor swimming pools are warming up as well at least.

Pavement, unfortunately. We can find pretty nice trails for biking but we need to drive away to specific places. Then camp or sleep over. I know some people who are constantly doing this on long weekends, perhaps I join them someday. :)

During the summertime, the ski resorts around here have a set up where you hang your bike on the ski lift and get carried to the top of the mountain. You can then pick one of several different trails to ride down and do it all again. It's more fun than tough exercise but I guess it still counts. It's recommended to bring a first aid kit though. %)

^ That sounds great.

Ant it reminds me how much I still like skiing, traditionally speaking. I would go only for the trip itself, and the landscape. All the piece it brings to me, so worthy!

Last edited:
Did a bunch of deadlifts and hack squats this morning. Going to go back to the gym later tonight to do some pull ups, chin ups and dips.