• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. The Endorphin Factory

^^Sounds great Erikmen!
Did an open water swim, ate BBQ and did family stuff! Merry Christmas everyone!!

^ :) Sounds like you are a great swimmer.
Merry Christmas and a good 2017, hopefully better than 2016. ;)

^ I am a frequent swimmer! Big difference!
Hope you have great mandatory workouts and happy remaining holidays!

Worked out yesterday making this the 3rd week back to the gym. Haven't missed any days yet although I was still slightly recovering from Christmas yesterday. lol

I won't be too heartbroken when this holiday shit is over and I can buckle down on my training for January.

Will have to go today as I need to pay.
One final round before the week end.

I have been slammed by insomnia this week. I think I have averaged maybe four hours of sleep the past four days. Stress and anxiety is peaking as well. Work stress, money stress, romantic stress...all of the typical bullshit. When this happens to me I tend to lose weight, which is annoying because I have worked so hard to put a bit on over the past couple months.

I was planning a mock meet on NYE to test my strength, but I may just deload until the new year starts and then get back to the intensity. I'm getting to the point where I need to be on top of everything to keep making progress.

Stress is the worst when you're trying to keep making progress in the gym. That's why when I was at my peak I sort of just ignored everything that didn't have to do with training. That of course can cause it's own problems tho. lol

I'm in really good shape.. Still averaging like 12 miles a day walking.. Really core and leg arm and hand strong and strong in other areas.

Going into the physical trainer on Friday to try and get my hip/ hamstring issues diagnosed and get a plan for recovery.

Wow, 12 miles a day is a lot of exercise in one week, not to mention in one day alone. Congrats for the being that focused. :)
I used to run 6 kms per day, slow run sometimes in a treadmill I have at home. I remember losing so much weight and water!!

I appreciate this thread and all the links in the first post. But I really need some info on exercise and pain relief. Well wishes to all of you.

What sort of pain? Are you taking meds?

If you have orthopedic pain, you'd be better if you do some sort of hydrogym. As there is the weight under water makes everything much easier to handle and you can work out every muscle.

Exercises are good in most of the situations for me as it release endorphin after 40 minutes of intense activity. That makes us feel better and the pains usually go away. It has been an excellent weekly activity for me and can't live without it. I made eat better, wake up more disposed, and it also gave me the energy I needed to deal with anxiety.

Thank you so much that means so much to me. It's lower back, and head injuries that resulted in multiple surgeries.

There's no doubt that exercise will help, but it's so hard to jump start things, you know? It's such a seemingly backward way of thinking, "if you're hurting, go exercise". But I do believe it.
The problem is doing it. I need that one last light bulb to go off.......

Yes I think I know what you mean.
You'll figure this out in due time.
Take care! :)

Acupuncture is god.. Six little pricks from my physical therapist and I walked out 90℅ relieved.. Thank you!!

Erikmen: What is waking up disposed? What is "more disposed"?
I can't swim for a bit and it's making me :(
I'm doing light weights, stretching and belly dancing instead.

Waking up with energy, disposition to confront the day and its challenge. Instead of tiredness of feeling like going back to bed.
I love swimming but due to the weather I can only do it at the gym, usually 3 x a week. It makes me feel good and happy. :)
Dancing can also be very fun!

What are you all doing at bedtime that prepares you for a good morning?
I renewed my gym membership, so I have that, but good Lord, the mornings are so.....hard........

The mornings can be really tough! I hate them. I wish I could wake up everyday after 9 o'clock.
I have trouble to sleep in the right time so the best time to sleep are those few hours in between 4-9 hrs.
And I do understand the frustration of not having that.

I'm going to the gym later at the evenings and it makes it a lot better in mornings, not perfect but better! :)

Morning gym is the best. Getting it done before the sun even comes up. Being awake, energized and strong while everyone else stumbles around like zombies. And the gym is not nearly as crowded.