• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. The Endorphin Factory

Alright im heading in for a lift and run today. Ive been pretty busy and my body needed some days of rest to catch up. It feels great now so im lifting and then a little skiing friday and poss sat.

askyourdoctor.jpg

nice=D

^ I love that.

Today I skied for two hours.. dix three hours of on hill instruction which proved to be very phisical. And an hour and a half of tubing.

Im worked.. but in a good way.

I went on vacation and as a result it had been 3 weeks since I'd worked out other than pushups here and there, until yesterday when I chopped and hauled wood for 2 hours. I was going to go the gym and lift today but I'm fairly sore so I'm putting it off until tomorrow.

Walking into the gym rite now.. man do I need it to. Hella frustration to burn away.

Much to my dismay, there wasnt any gym in the resort. I tried to run outside and by the beach but people just hound you for things to buy but now I am back in Vancity and went to the gym today and felt awesome! Rest tomorrow back on Wed and Thurs is yoga day

I actually went to the gym yesterday and it was so packed i didn't even work out.. going to get there much earlier today.

Hot yoga was amazing! Tomorrow is spinning class. Slowly getting back to my routine again. I have to admit i did gain weight while away on vacay so i gotta lose some extra lbs. Work it maya work it!

Took the weekend off from working out. Going to hit it hard today. walk run legs, chest, arms.. charge!!

Went to the gym yesterday off today back tomorrow and Wed. Planning on going to Spinning class on Fri night. It depends how I feel if I want to go to spinning or just go to the gym again.

i want to exercise. it just seems self-hate gets the best of me sometimes and tells me, "you are never going to lose your gut no matter how long you try," "you are going to look stupid," "you arent strong enough," etc...

i am going to schedule some gym time tomorrow. at least some quick HIIT training, and maybe some lifting. i just need to start getting back to exercise because of what it does for my brain! great posts about the neuroscience behind exercise!

I've been going to the gym recently and I love it! I've been abstaining from alchohol for about three days now and I'm getting restless. I've also been clean of opiates for 17 months. It's been a long road and running/lifting on it makes it much much better!

i want to exercise. it just seems self-hate gets the best of me sometimes and tells me, "you are never going to lose your gut no matter how long you try," "you are going to look stupid," "you arent strong enough," etc...

Fuck what that little naysayer barks.. run it over with this. This is you LaCster.. it tells you that you are weak so you believe it and it can continue to try and control you. Its full of shit. Learn how it operates;) its power is all an illusion.

roller_vibrating_combi_cat.jpg

i was a social retard today talking to my brothers gf, now i am an anxious wreck (its nothing creepy, i just say shit i think the other person wants to hear when people put me on the spot with questions, and i just say dumb stuff when i don't have time to think)

so its time for a run! FUCK ANxiETY

^dont beat up on yourself! you are probably working what you said up to sound so weird, when in actuality it wasnt bad at all.

@neversick
thank you. i am going to the gym today after i get done with studying!

^ start off slow;)

I pushed it to hard when i first started and paid the price.. I was so sore. Just take it real chill, don't worry about looking like a gym rat right off the bat. Take it slow and ramp up as you start to get into shape. In a month or two you will be in much better shape and in six months or so you will be amazed.

Last edited: