• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health my "life"

StigmaShadow

Bluelighter
I am writing this with an unbearable headache. I have just returned to baseline after a "hole" dose of MXE. I have a child. alittle girl. I named here Serenity Autumn. What a beautiful name for such a beautiful little girl. She was born on March 26th 2011. At that time I was deployed in Afghanistan. i remember like it was yesterday getting the news from my sergeant "your girlfriend delivered a beautiful healthy baby last night". i didnt even cry (ill get to this later). i knew that i now had a responsibility to take care of. i have struggled with drug abuse since i was 15. i have suffered from "depression" though I think its commonplace in todays society. it is a shitty world we live in. pay taxes, die, hope you go to heaven, you know? before i deployed i was severely addicted to MDPV and methylone. I IV'd grams upon grams upon grams in hotel rooms upon motel rooms upon hotel rooms upon 5 star hotel rooms, with my babys mother in the other room. i never realized how much i hurt this girl. i am a piece of shit. fecal matter to the third degree. i never gave a fuck about how she felt, all i cared about was that pleasurable rush that was bordering drug suicide. it took the pain away. it made me feel good. i could fuck her for hours and she always just layed there, she never seemed to enjoy it, even when i got sober. she would just lay there and let me fuck her. she never initiated it.

anyways

during my deployment i had already planned on getting right back on the narcisssistic rush train, i had ordered 5 grams of Methylone, 5 grams of Mephedrone, 2 grams of 2c-i, 2 grams 2c-e, 2 grams 2-p. i literally dug my own grave. when i returned home i began using again, but i never got that feeling from the first hit. NEVER GOT THE FEELING FROM THAT FIRST HIT (keep this in mind). eventually I would go on emergency leave to attend my great grandmothers funeral. i remember how sweet she was to me in my childhood. her christmas partys were the best. gag gifts, that was my favorite. i remember opening up a "rogaine" gift, i surely needed it at 12 years old. she had passed away, and i took time off from work to attend her funeral/score heroin/shoot heroin for the first time. i scored a gram of some white. did a big shot and felt awesome. i tried to finish the rest f the bag before returning to home, but the last shot was too big... i woke up in the back of an ambulance, freezing cold, disoriented and scared to death.i just fucked myself again (this is a growing trend, i havent let out my history before this, but i assure you, i am a 100% fuckup)

i was other than honorably discharged from the marine corps. i did two tours overseas. one to iraq in 2009 and one in afghanistan in 2011. despite this, i do not rate the GI bill for college funds/housing payments. i lost that, along with my dignity. i continued to purchase RC's (4-mec, 4-fma, MXE) and IV them (except for MXE) until the day I got on the bus to return to my shitty hometown in the armpit of virginia. i had a beautiful little girl, and a beautiful tattooed punk girl waiting on me, but i didnt give a fuck, i wanted to get high, or die. the drugs continued for about a month, until i ran out of money. no more escaping from reality. at the time i was living with my babys mothers family in a small town with little job opportunity. i couldnt find a good job. couldnt find any job really, then we moved back to my hometown. i had stopped using drugs and began drinking regularly with my babys mother. we drank our depressed lives away every night. i would fall asleep next to her full of regret, full of pain because of what i had done to her. i recall M-holing for the first time. i lay face down in my bed, going through ever happy moment of my life. i can pick and choose what to experience all over again. i choose to go back to high school and relive all the great moments of fucking hot girls and hanging out my best friends. i tell my girl to "grab a pen, i ahve to write this down". she brings me a pen and paper and I scribble "can go back into time ;)" down on it. wow, it was amazing, I found a cure for this "disease" i never deserved a girl as beautiful as her. fuck my head is killing me. Tiffany was her name. what a shitty name for such a beautiful girl who loved me unconditionally, through thick and thin. eventually my daughter would receive a piece of mail saying that she was denied a contract to a cell phone company. it turns out that my babys mothers mother uses everyone in the house (mom, husband,daughter, granddaughter) social security number to open accounts in things that she needs.i confronted her, but to no avail. no one gives a shit. no one cares. i am sober now and realizing whats wrong. the woman sets me up, makes fake social media accounts to lure me into "cheating" on my babys mother (which i NEVER did). all in all i moved out. it was too much. i have been through too much to go through shit like that.i picked up and left that house, but I continued to be with my babys mother, I loved her.

I get my own apartment, eventually. T comes over weekly to spend the night get drunk and play video games, but she never seems to want to bring the baby, never wants to do anything as a family, only with her family. i begin noticing this, and it disturbs me. eventaully i become tired of drinking all the time and doing the same shit over and over. i press her to move out with me. to become a family. i am sober now, i am ready to be a father and a husband. we begin the paperwork to get her on my lease, and to move out together. all three of us. i am so ecstatic i can barely stand it! this high beats any high i ever got from a needle. i love these girls, they are my everything. soon T would confess to me, that her mother will "rip her family apart if she moves out". can you believe that? her mother threatens to kick her father and her grandmother out of she moves in with me. one night she comes over with her booze and tells me "i dont think i want to move out with you". i am crushed.... IT BEGINS HERE. i am furious. ANGER HATE RESENT. i tell her to call her mother to pick her up. i am so mad i dont know what to do. needless to say, we breakup, and the booze sex visits stop. I attend my daughters 3rd birthday party, its awkward, we are no longer together, but here i am bringing my little girl a pinata and some presents. im a good father right? wrong. my babys mother begins dating a "friend" from high school who she meets on social media (i must add now, that i met this girl the same way, relationships are just a click away nowadays arent they?) wow. thats low as fuck, whatever though. i start calling to ask to see my little girl, no response. eventually i am told to leave her alone. i am emotional at this point. why

6 months later, i am going through the courts to get visitation of my child. during one of the proceedings she states that im not on the birth certificate (i was in afghanistan when she was born remember) and that i might not even be the father. wow. my jaw dropped in court. i payed 140 dollars for a DNA test to find out if im even the father. i wont get teh results until i go back to court on january 30th, if i even make it that long. so these past 6 months i have been dying to see my little girl, dying to make things right with my babys mother, but i know its too late. its far too late. ive burned too many bridges. last night i was let go of my job, i had a good factory job makin good money, with good insurance, and even life insurance. my hair follicle test came back positive for marijuana (even though used the "gold" shampoo from the local headshop). as soon as i was pulled into my supervisers office i knew what was going on. im a fucking loser. i go to a friends house to do a huge dose of MXE, which leads to a complete mental breakdown. i am crying infront of people i dont know, begging them to make her take me back, but no one has a clue what the fuck im talking about. for once i am the guy that everyone has to baby sit. i intended on having the same MXE hole experience I had right when I got out of the military, but it didnt happen like that. i was too emotional going into the trip and it lead to a "train wreck" if you will. i started writing this last night with a pounding headache and just woke up to finish it, my apartment is trashed, my drawing and sketches i drew on deployment are scattered across my room as if i were looking for something. when I know now there is nothing left. im too tired to start crying again, it didnt help anyway. my tears turned from tears of grief into tears of rage. i have been ANGRY and HATEFUL this past year, and I dont know why. I am no longer the person I was many years ago. I have become someone else, someone full of hate, someone who thinks everyone owes me something, someone without a reason to live anymore. I am tired of trying so hard and being rewarded with nothing. i havent even listed some of the most heinous shit ive done to people i love, im too embarrassed. i committed those acts without the intention of ever manning up and letting people know. god i cant. i really pity people who believe a divine being just sits on his throne and watches people like me destroy themselves unintentionally.

Hey, stigma. That was a hard read. I am really sorry for the pain you are in. It sounds like you know what you need to do although you never said it outright: you need to be completely sober for a while to let your life open to learning ways to cope that do not involve getting high. You have a little girl. Her mother has substance abuse problems and dysfunctional family issues and TBH sounds like she is not ready to be a mom. A mother puts her child's safety and comfort first. If she can't do that, you can. Whether or not you turn out to be the biological father, you were led to believe this is your daughter and you love her as a father. If she is three years old, she has a deep bond with you already and this will not be broken no matter what the DNA test says.

I urge you to believe in yourself and your life and get some counseling for yourself. You said you have been abusing drugs from age 15. I did that too and I can tell you that it delays maturity and self-learning so you have some catching up to do--good news is that it is never to late in life to learn yourself, to practice self-acceptance, to leave behind blame and guilt and replace them with compassion for yourself and by extension, others.

I work with elementary age kids every day. Whenever someone on these boards talks about their kids I picture my students. Kids adapt to almost anything when they know no different but that does not mean that their adaptations are healthy. They also cover up a lot of pain and suffering. Your daughter deserves parents that take care of themselves so that they can take care of her. I'm the first to admit parenting is difficult and none of us do it perfectly--that concept doesn't even apply. We do the best we can with what we have and who we are. But what we have and who we are is changeable--we have control over that. I changed some things about myself when my kids were young just because I realized that I did not want to model the behaviors to them. Kids can be great motivators to change!

Hang in there and do things every day that will strengthen you. You have been through a lot and no doubt have a lot of layers of pain to work through. Exercise can be a miraculous turn around for the mind. Do you run or anything like that?

much love and don't give up,

herby

Well i wrote a long reply to you but it was erased because I'm a dumbass. Just wanted to say thanks for the reply. I see a lot of posts on mental health with no replies and I cant imagine what its like to not have anyone care to reply, hell I would reply but I'm in no position to give advice... i can only imagine how awesome it must be to have your job. kids light my up world. they are innocent and downright hilarious, they make me feel like a kid all over again, i hope that my child will remember me after all this... at the DNA testing office I got to see her for a few seconds before she was rushed past me into another room. she peeked at me through the window and was saying "daddy! daddy! daddy!". it both broke my heart and filled me with joy..

i never had much of a childhood. my father abandoned me really early on, left me to my crackwhore mother... my childhood was filled with being dropped off at friends for days, catching my mom smoking crack, and fucking dudes. when i was 5 i woke up to no one in the house except for me. my mother had left me with a babysitter (who left) so she could go do whatever. i ran across the snow covered street at probably 2 in the morning to call my grandparents, from then on out my grandparents had custody of me. they did everything they could for me, spoiled me like most grandparents do, and i think thats what has fucked me up as well. maybe thats where this feeling of entitlement comes from, I'll never know. its plain as day isnt it? not to make the same mistakes my parents did. but its a hard life.. i was never ready for the responsibilities of having my own child. lifes so expensive, and children make it that much more expensive. im not saying i resent my child, i just realize how us humans pop children out like they are nothing.

i apologize if it was hard to read, i usually use correct punctuation and capitalization but im not the same person i once was. its funny i wake up this morning the same way i woke up last morning, full of hatred and resent and ultraviolence. i'll never have the things I had before, and i sound like a fucking baby, but i cant help it. its how i feel. ill never be able to cope. even at the jobs ive worked all i can do is sit there and think about how bad ive fucked everything up, and last night losing a really good job fucked me up even more, and i delved into a hole that i barely got back out of..

freya3a.jpg

I didn't mean that kind of hard read, stigma! I meant that it was hard to read about the stuff you are experiencing and your despair. I really hope that no matter what you are not only allowed but encouraged to stay in your baby's life. I always suggest writing letters when you are thinking about your kid. I had a friend whose mom left her Dad and moved to another state. The Dad had some problems and he was not allowed to see her and so she basically grew up with no Dad and all the issues that come with that experience. But when she turned 18 he sent her letters he had been writing to her all his life. If my friend's house were ever burning down she would save those letters before any other thing in her life.

Don't get discouraged yet. Stay healthy so that however this unfolds you can be ready to respond in a healthy way.<3

Wow man that was a super hard read . I always have believed if you served thus country we were responsible for well being after combat. I guess that's not how it works . You have every right to see your kid and you need to keep fighting

I have read this, heartfelt piece of your soul. Your pain and suffering runs rampant through me. Our hearts entwined as one. The feeling of hollowness and I are already well acquainted too. I felt myself cringe at how kindred our spirit are.

I must know, for the purpose of my own peace of mind: how did The DNA test go?
I MUST Know.

I must know, for the purpose of my own peace of mind: how did The DNA test go?
I MUST Know.

I agree. Sigma, that was really a hard story to read. I don't even begin to know what I'd do if it were me in your situation, so all I can say is stay strong and try to stay sober, if not for yourself, for your daughter. The only way she can come back into your life is if you're sober, and I think you know that. I wish you the best in your future.

That being said, I have to echo the quote--how did it end up? And how have you been these months?