• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs In all my years of taking drugs this has never happened to me

Blackout2906

Bluelighter
Ok so you guys might remember I just posted something about me worrying about kidney and liver damage from phenibut. Well I ended up going to the ER and getting every single test done I finally could and everything came back good even the x rays. So heres whats been happening with this fuckin shitty ass drug. I started takin it about a month and half ago. I would take like 2 grams in the morning, get a nice spun out buzz, and then 2 more grams later in the day and get the same feeling albeit not as strong. Did this for about another 5 weeks with no signs of tolerance showing. Some days it would be like 3 grams with another 2 later on. Again no problems. Now last weekend, I wake up like any other day and take my dose. Except I notice something different about it this time. I get this feeling that starts in the area my kidneys are in and radiates up my whole back and I also feel it in my head. It feels like those areas are almost being sucked into themselves like a vacuum or like a weird dysphoric melting feeling. I no longer get anything resembling a high. All it does is relieve the withdrawal symptoms that feel all too much like benzo withdrawal. Im ordering 100 Neurontin when I get paid this Friday so I can get the fuck off this shitty ass drug but by the time I get the Neurontin I might already be dead. Now my question is, do you really think this is a feeling that has to do with my kidneys? Cause the doctor said you really cant even feel pain in your kidneys theres no receptors there. So what im guessing is im just feeling the muscle relaxing effect and the lack of euphoria from tolerance isn't there to cover it up? Everything else is fine aside from that fact I still have energy I still move around all day no anxiety just no euphoria though like I was having. It feels like im taking a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT drug now. Its very uncomfortable that vacuum feeling I get. This fuckin shit. I knew when I ordered it that I was gonna end up regretting it in the long run. I was doin so good just takin my suboxone everyday..... So please, give me your thoughts on this matter. And also can anyone suggest a good dosing schedule for the Neurontin? ive already begun tapering, as it stands now id be taking 400mg 3x day, but honestly im about to bump it down to 200mg 3x day to see if that vacuum feeling lets up. Thanks guys.

Oh yea and I tried asking the snobby ass doctor in the ER for Neurontin after I explained the withdrawal symptom to him and I pleaded with him that I wanted to stop taking the drug. He gave me his pretentious "you drug addict" look and said no I will not. Like dude, its fucking Neurontin for Christ's sake! Not like im asking for oxys or Xanax even!??

Your doc has obviously never had kidney stones or an infection
You sure as fuck can feel pain in your kidneys.
I would try going to 300mg 3x on the gabapentin...that's a usual starting dose for neuropathy. don't come off too quickly.

Don't know much abut phenibut but there's my piece

Get some baclofen too to help with the WD.

Okay, you cant tell if there is anything wrong with they kidneys without a renal function test. Go and get one. And just because you have had one clear test, doesnt mean things havent gone south since. However, that said I it doesnt SOUND like kidney issues. Poke the area under your ribs, in your back, and if you are in immense pain then its a kidney issue, otherwise it seems like the stress and anxiety from not taking phenibut is whats causing the muscles to tense up. Do thing slike hot baths help?

I just wish the motherfucker would've given me Neurontin to come off this shit. I would take some Xanax but im on fuckin state parole so I don't wanna risk poppin a hot urine!! He hasn't tested me the last two times and he only sees me once a month but still Ive learned to never fuck with that shit I do NOT wanna get locked up again.

You can buy gabapentin legally from online pharmacies. I've done it many times to help with opioid withdrawal. Can't help you out finding an exact IOP, though there are places on the web just for that. Since Baclofen is also a GABA B agonist, it's gonna help you alot more than neurontin. You can also get this from online pharmacies, usually at the same places you'd get neurontin.

I know Ive just gotta wait til I get paid Friday.... of course I had to pay fuckin rent last week so Im out of money for now... Then of course its prolly gonna take a week to ship. This is seriously a damned if I do damned if I don't type of thing. I do not like the feeling of the drug in my system but I also do not want the withdraw!! wtf do I do!!!

I think im just gonna keep taking minute amounts until I feel ok... we will see how that works. I think the feeling I get in my back and head is the muscle relaxing properties of the drug but it just feels uncomfortable. The feeling I get now no longer resembles the high I got when I first started using it... not AT ALL.

If you were taking 5+ grams a day of phenibut for 6 weeks or more... welcome to phenibut dependency/withdrawal.

It would be best for you to stop taking it entirely. You'll feel like crap for a while but in the end you'll be better off.

Once drugs go sour on you (esp. anxiolytics like benzos, alcohol, etc) taking more of them doesn't ever fix anything, just digs the hole deeper.

Yea its pretty crazy. If I knew the effects of the drug were gonna change that drastically I would never have started it in the first place. Can anyone provide an explanation for the effects im having in my back with the bulging numbing feeling? It feels like its in my muscles and its so weird. Like I said im sticking to the half a gram 3x a day thing until I get the script for Neurontin in the mail. Ill try to keep lowering the dose even further as well. Now will the Neurontin actually take away the withdrawal completely? Or am I still gonna suffer some symptoms? Because I work as a plant manager at a company and I need to talk to people all day and give people orders and stuff I need my wits about me, and anxiety just WILL NOT DO in these situations. I will look like a fool. But whatever I did it to myself I gotta suffer the consequences. One word of advice for people that are thinking of starting to take Phenibut - DONT. ITS NOT WORTH IT. THE DRUG WILL COMPLETELY TURN ON YOU INTO A PSYCHOTIC WORRY ABOUT DOING DAMAGE TO YOUR ORGANS. Fuck...

Unless.... Ive been withdrawing from it as I am taking a much lower dose? That's why Im getting those effects? Cause I just read it can cause rhabdomyolysis which is the breakdown of muscle fibers causing the kidneys to fail.... oh boy Im gonna be bugging for a while from this shit. I will thank god when I make it out on the other side alive... hopefully. Has anyone ever died from taking phenibut?

Idk why anybody would switch from Suboxone to phenibut, but that's the kind of consequences you'll suffer!

Oh well, live an learn, now you know better, op...that's why I only stick with tried and true, centuries old drugs!

As to why people insist on using phenibut daily is beyond me, you completely ruin it for yourself.

Yea yea I know spare me the lecture. So I learned today that I have to take this taper way slower than I planned... I tried gettin by on a half gram cause it made me feel good at first but then slowly throughout the day this insane psychotic fear, worse than any withdraw I've ever had (and I've detoxed 12mg Xanax daily 5 year habit on just 4 days of Librium). This drug has beaten me. My only hope is to wait out on the neurontin with a very slow taper and put all my eggs in that basket. Omg I couldn't imagine having to detox this in jail along with a sub detox... I think that would permanently put me in cuckoo land. So yea just figured I'd update yas...

I dont know if you read my other post, but dude get baclofen its better than gabapentin for pheni WD.

Then when the worst of it is over, you can come down to gabapentin!!

No I read it I think you're right I'll get scripts for both when I get paid this Friday. Just to be sure. So how should I dose the baclofen if lets say my usual dose right now is 2.5 g morning and 2.5 g afternoon? I'm gonna try and taper it down slowly but that's where I'm at right now

Indeed, but since they're cross tolerant no progress will be made unless he's using the baclofen to taper. One could argue that he might as well just taper the phenibut. OP, what makes you so sure gabapentin is gonna be the answer to your withdrawal?

I read somewhere that gabapentin eliminates 90% of the withdraws.. Am I wrong in assuming that? Honestly I think I need to get a digi scale and just taper the phenibut that way cause I'll never be able to do that precisely with the scooper...

Or maybe do it like this... Carefully plan a long taper and stick to it. Then when I'm comfortable at a low dose use neurontin to come off of it?