• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Switching from opiates to kratom?

Today is the first day I transitioned from giant heaping tablespoons down to a single leveled off teaspoon with a little squirt of extract put in for good measure, and frankly because I just got it in the mail and I am excited to use it. My goal with this taper has been to drop from plugging or IVing 2 60mg MS Contins on top of my 45mg daily prescribed dose for pain down to just the 45mg daily. So it's been like 2 or 3 weeks of focus on this taper, and this week was the end of any additional pills...only kratom to help now. I can't wait to hear how it goes for you once you recieve your kratom :D Hopefully we don't end up taking it for years! 8(

Btw, I never got any kind of effect from tea, but then I boiled the shit out of it. Sounds like Captain K has a good idea for tea :)

Substituting one for another is not the answer... Embrace the suck and move on, you're going to be so glad you did. You don't ever have to be a slave to a chemical ever again.. I believe in you.

^ He's not dependent opioids, he just wants to sub his occasional tramadol use for kratom. Due to the seizure risk associated with recreational use of tramadol, I think this is a very good idea. Seizures shouldn't really be an issue at his doses, but tramadol doesn't exactly play welll with others either. opioids would be ideal though :)

@CfZrx - Kratom is pretty tough against heat, but actually boiling the tea will definitely ruin it. Try and keep the heat low if you ever do decide to do it again, and be sure to stir it frequently. Tea feels alot cleaner and allows you to take higher doses before hitting that point of pure nausea/dizziness that most kratom users will have to deal with eventually.

Last edited:
^ He's not dependent opioids, he just wants to sub his occasional tramadol use for kratom. Due to the seizure risk associated with recreational use of tramadol, I think this is a very good idea. Seizures shouldn't really be an issue at his doses, but tramadol doesn't exactly play welll with others either. opioids would be ideal though :)

@CfZrx - Kratom is pretty tough against heat, but actually boiling the tea will definitely ruin it. Try and keep the heat low if you ever do decide to do it again, and be sure to stir it frequently. Tea feels alot cleaner and allows you to take higher doses before hitting that point of pure nausea/dizziness that most kratom users will have to deal with eventually.
I may have to try a tea one day

Hmm, thanks Captain! I'll try some tea that way :) Good night

Substituting one for another is not the answer... Embrace the suck and move on, you're going to be so glad you did. You don't ever have to be a slave to a chemical ever again.. I believe in you.
You are so right Non Nobis! I am so sick of this merry go round...I should embrace the suck and move on.