• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Five

4-AcO-MET & 4-AcO-DMT is also an awesome combination.

I don't condone usage of NBOMe psychedelics but when I combined 25D-NBOMe with 4-AcO-DMT I also loved that trip, a lot.
Never seemed to play that well with LSD. LSD always overpowered it.

4-AcO-MET & 4-AcO-DMT is also an awesome combination.
^^^What would be a good dosages for both if taken together? Considering that Ive taken 4-Aco-MET up to 50mg alone and 4-Aco-DMT up to 22mg before? I was also pondering this combo in my mind, Ill try it whenever I'll have days off!
Thank you!

I always dosed about 10mg-15mg 4-AcO-DMT and 20mg-25mg of 4-AcO-MET when I've done this combination.

A few times I did 10mgish of 4-AcO-MET with like 25mg 4-AcO-DMT but the 4-AcO-DMT seemed to overpower the 4-AcO-MET at that low of a dose.
4-AcO-DMT can be heavy on the psyche and I really just like it in lower doses combined with more euphoric drugs, like 4-AcO-MET or MDMA.

4-AcO-DMT can be heavy on the psyche and I really just like it in lower doses combined with more euphoric drugs, like 4-AcO-MET or MDMA.
- exactly how I feel, it makes me judge myself a bit too harshly, but in conjunction with 4-Aco-MET I think I'll enjoy it a lot more and Ill post results! Thank you Sean! ;)

^^^What would be a good dosages for both if taken together? Considering that Ive taken 4-Aco-MET up to 50mg alone and 4-Aco-DMT up to 22mg before? I was also pondering this combo in my mind, Ill try it whenever I'll have days off!
Thank you!

When I combined them it was 35mg of 4-AcO-DMT and 10mg of 4-HO-MET, the -MET added a nice warmth, comfort and good-natured feeling to it but it was very predominantly a deep, serious 4-AcO-DMT trip. I normally like to take around 35-40mg of 4-sub-Ts, depending on which one.

What was your dosage?
4-aco-DMT is such a precious gem to me. I've never felt a dash of anxiety on it. Which is not how tryptamines usually work for me. I would say it's my favorite drug, and I wouldnt be lying. It's just that I have a holy trinity of favorite drugs. It doesnt get much better than 4-aco-deemt though.

I started by insufflating ten mgs, and eating 15 about twenty minutes later for a total of 25 mgs. One thing that needs to be taken into account is I am still physically dependent on Etizolam and Kratom, though I am on a slow taper plan which I am sticking to. Obviously throwing those two in the mix is going to result in some diminished effects for any psychedelic. I still got great CEV's and the body feeling, but I know whithout the Etizolam and Kratom OEV's would be much more prominent and mind blowing. Looking forward to exploring this compound more in depth on nothing else.

Eating MXE is my preferred ROA and after talking to a few more experienced users, it's better to eat or IM the 4-AcO as the chemical is broken down more efficiently just like with MXE. Is this your experience? I was thinking about just eating 30 mgs right off the rip and seeing where that takes me. IM is another ROA I would like to try as it seems to be the way to go if you really want to break through.

We also just ordered some 4-HO-MET as the combo sounds stellar.

@Xorxoth:

Have you tried combining phenibut with either of these substances? I recall you posting phenibut goes well with certain psychedelics.

Phenibut goes well with everything I've tried combining it with. I have taken phenibut with the majority of psychedelics I've tried multiple times (as in, if I have tripped on it a variety of times I've almost certainly taken phenibut with it at some point). Phenibut just sort of provides a background light hypomania/euphoria, I haven't found it to interact directly with much of anything, but it will make anything more euphoric. It doesn't seem to diminish trips at all unlike a benzo or alcohol, nor does it make them stronger, it just makes the backdrop for them more euphoric.

A couple years ago I ordered some 4-AcO-MET and 4-AcO-DMT from a vendor I really trusted at the time, I ended up only receiving a bag labeled 4-AcO-MET. At the time, my only previous psychedelic experience was LSD, Mushrooms, and 2C-B. Anyways, the more I think about it I think what I received may have actually been 4-AcO-DMT so I just wanted to see what everyone here thought. It really bugged me for a long time because the experience was a bit jarring since I was expecting a milder trip in line with usual 4-AcO-MET reports. My experience as follows:

I took 26mg orally with a couple friends the day after receiving it. I came up pretty quickly, and I remember being very sedated for maybe the first hour or so of the trip. Like on the floor in my own world sedated. I remember coming to probably sometime between the first 1-2 hours and my friends relatives stopped by seemingly randomly which made us all freak out as we were tripping extremely hard. I remember having this feeling of impending doom during that time, but I was able to retain composure. Perhaps a few hours in I took a shower, at which point the CEV's and OEV's became very intense and seemingly impossible. After getting out of the shower, the character of the trip began to shift completely. The visuals went from a "jeweled" or "digital" character into a more "organic" overall perception of the environment. I started to freak out a bit and called a closer friend to come pick me up, at this point I started seeing faces in everything and I lost all depth perception. It definitely began to seem more in line with my one previous mushroom experience visually. I tried to get him to find me some Alprazolam but he couldn't and we just went back to his place and it died down not long after.

In addition, the same friends convinced me to trip again the next day on the same batch, I took 36mg orally accounting for tolerance and for about 30 minutes of trip I completely forgot my name and everything about myself and I just had to sit there and accept it. I ended up tripping on the same batch a few more times but it was always lower doses so they don't really stand out in my memory but I feel like there was always some degree of mental confusion in them.

I had another batch of presumed 4-AcO-MET since and it seemed more digital, less confusing, and with a bit more of a positive push at around 20mg. I even combined some tokes of good cannabis with it and it provided an intense experience that didn't seem threatening in the least bit.

I realize that idiosyncratic reactions can happen but from all I've read it doesn't seem like 4-AcO-MET should have affected me that intensely at those dosages. Also, the subjective experience seems more in line with 4-AcO-DMT the more I read about it. I'm one of those people who really likes to know what they're taking and especially now that I'm looking to get back into psychedelics after not indulging much in the past year, I'd like to gain some more insight as those were some of my stronger trips. I see regular reports of people doing 40, even 50+ mg of 4-HO-MET which is very similar to 4-AcO-MET but more potent. I feel like if I had done 50+ mg of that first batch I had, I would've been in a sort of hyperspace for at least a few hours.

We can't do substance ID here but your description sounds exactly like 4-AcO-DMT.
4-AcO-MET is pretty stimulating. 4-AcO-DMT is one of the most sedating tryptamines that I've tried.

How do the effects differ when eaten as opposed to being insufflated? What is the preferred ROA for those besides the almighty IM? I am wondering because though it seems to work well when insufflated, I heard from a friend that eating it is the way to go? This is my preferred ROA when dosing MXE so it wouldn't surprise me, just curious on others thoughts/experience

Oral ROA is generally better for 4-AcO-DMT rather than insufflated.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe I'll just try eating 35 mgs next time then insufflating small lines later if the desire to do so arises. This stuff is amazing.

Yeah oral psychedelics are pretty much always better than nasal IMO. Nasal produces a more rapid onset and is stronger by weight, but it always produces a trip that is less full and well-rounded. Oral produces the most full trips for me for most things. Rectal and IM are pretty much on par with oral, but shorter and smoother which sometimes leads to less of a full trip.

Alethia-
Sounds like an intense trip.
And I get that feeling of "impending doom" when a psilacetin trip goes south... and I always feel like I am in a very very familiar place that is not earth. And I always think "why the hell did I come back here"

We can't do substance ID here but your description sounds exactly like 4-AcO-DMT.

I love those kind of bipolar posts, stating one thing and doing the other. It's like "I'm not a racist, BUT..." 8)

Couple days ago took 4-Aco-DMT with combination of 4-Aco-MET with a friend of mine and had a really good time!

Subjects: two males, about 170Lbs each, both with extensive psychoactives research over the past 10 years. Previous trip was on 40mg 4-HO-EPT about a week ago. Empty stomach.

Set & setting: With a close friend, in the evening, at home, musical instruments are ready to use, so is painting/drawing station.

Dose (measured on a decent milligram scales with +/- 1mg): 30mg of 4-Aco-DMT and 20mg of 4-Aco-MET for each person, put in separate capsules.

Experience:

T=00:00 - We take both capsules, each of us, at the same time. Say our prayers, start meditating.

T+00:30 - Very light alerts, meditating with eyes closed, I put on sounds of nature - collection of high quality recordings of oceans, rain and so on - sounds great and very atmospheric!

T+01:00 - Feeling some sedation, typical for 4-Aco-DMT for me. I cant say if Im hot or cold. Body feels trembling. Not too much confusion, no scary feelings at all. I tend to close my eyes for the most time. Deciding to play some music on my workstation - feels powerful - complex psychedelic pieces coming out easily. My friend drawing a very cool abstraction meanwhile, he seems preoccupied with the internal vision emerging.

T+01:30 - Starting to feel that my mind is drifting away, my mind's eye is getting filled with complex multi-colored visuals, mostly consisting of heavily distorted and modified bright mental images that were just flooding out my inner vision. Feeling a bit cold but comfortable. Switching to my acoustic guitar and my friend takes over the keyboard workstation.
Smoked some cannabis and that intensified the visuals and the overall trip intensity.

T+02:00 - Feels like we are about to peak! The trip is mostly dominated by seriousness of 4-Aco-DMT but modified in a pleasant way by 4-Aco-MET - the visuals have more variety and some sort of dreaminess to them, OEVs only consisted of some color amplification and shadow movements but CEVs - OH MY!.. Colors were predominantly greys, dark reds, dark blues, purples, complex shades of black, golden glowing colors! 8o Visuals are not like I've seen on 4-Aco-MET or 4-Aco-DMT by themselves, nothing similar to mushrooms as well, they are quite unique and definitely have hyperspace quality to them.

T+02:30 - I'm on a floor laying on my back with eyes closed, I'm hugging my guitar that is hooked up through some filters to the sound system - sounds like Jimi Hendrix himself got into me and is making me do those insanely crazy solos, Ive never played like that! :! My friend is on the workstation synthesizer playing along and both of us sound so amazing and in tune! A brief thought of starting the monitoring recording while we play entered my mind but was swept away in a matter of seconds - I was simply unable to open my eyes at that moment to do anything and I was constantly being swept by the overflow of images and emotions going through me per second...8(
Even with eyes closed I see my fingers and they look like fat multi-colored glowing sticks!
My acoustic Breedlove guitar feels like an alien woman to me screaming and whispering, making all that weird sounds it feels like I'm making love to her - such an exctatic feeling! "Impossible" states of mind, beyond comprehension, bordering with insanity...
I feel incredibly high, time is heavily dilated, my ego feels intact (maybe due to 4-Aco-MET addition), although being "observed" and "judged" by some higher authority within myself.

T+03:30?? - Found some holophonics recordings on the computer and hooked up a couple of headphones - listening to those recordings under the influence is quite a powerful experience! Especially the virtual haircut - I swear I saw the plastic bag getting over my head with just sounds triggering it. I highly recommend checking it out for those interested in sounds and music!

T+04:00 - Emotional lability, bursting into tears with realization of how cruel I am to the people who love me...:( Very deep understanding, I am making up quite an emotional song - playing on a guitar along, asking God why are we so ignorant, asking to give us strength and wisdom to be better and cleaner in our perceptions. Cant remember both the lyrics and the chords progression I was using unfortunately...
My friend's dog (huge good looking great dane) is sleeping nearby and I'm deciding to lay next to that black and white spotted body. Simple acknowledgement of another living being, a huge one too, different than myself but wanting similar things in life, making me burst into tears again.

T+04:40 - CEVs are pretty much muted at this point so we decide to smoke cannabis and chill out, lots of cannabis - feels very nice! :D Light lingering headache is spotted at this point.
Definite psychedelic state with a nice afterglow setting in. No appetite.
A friend of mine is starting to tell me that he would need to go to the DMV and take care of his lost title soon and it sounds like it's suppose to be something serious but I cant control myself and burst into uncontrollable laughing! It was just so hilarious to hear about some car title at that moment - it seems absolutely absurd, ridiculous and stupid, and funny - so we both laugh hysterically at this for a good 20 minutes. Similar things usually happen to me when on mushrooms.

T+05:30 - Going outside now. Made some rolls with cannabis and some with tobacco. Walking at night in a wintery settings feels very nice. I feel a great calm and feeling of serenity and acceptance. My friend makes a remark that smoking tobacco when tripping is like opening your body and mind to great spirits for evaluation - I like that!

T+06:00 - Time for some food and aftertrip beer! Food tastes normal, beer feels really good! Watching Rick and Morty and still feeling quite high...

T+07:00 - A really nasty headache had developed, very similar to the one I get from a hefty dosage of 2C-P. So I take 400mg Ibuprofen, 200mg 5HTP and some activated turmeric extract to help with that. Sleep was achieved within an hour or so. Vivid dreams and feeling refreshed upon awakening.

Conclusion: This time I went for a higher dosage, the previous ones being 15 and 22mg. Addition of 20mg of 4-Aco-MET smoothed the "judging" effect of 4-Aco-DMT as I was hoping for, added to euphoria and gave another depth to visuals but could have caused a headache as well. Playing guitar with eyes closed was EPIC, better in these terms than most of my LSD trips.
4-Aco-DMT imo is best enjoyed with eyes closed, obviously being somewhere comfortable and warm. I feel that the molecule has a "fire" spirit, especially combined with 4-Aco-MET which I think has an "air" spirit.

Overall a great combination, next time I'll be trying 40mg 4-Aco-DMT with 15mg 4-Aco-MET! =D

Thanks for reading and be safe! ;)

Yesterday, I took 60 mg of 4-AcO-DMT. I have not taken any drug well over a year, except my daily 8 mg suboxone maintenance which allowed me to finally make something of my life.

I went back to school, I’m currently studying analytical chemistry and I would like to push further to university to work in the field of research in chemistry. I am currently on my winter vacation. I decided to have this experience to revitalize myself, to experience profound emotions and transcendence. This is why I opted for a rather high dose.

After my room-mate left, I drank a magic orange juice and I decided to sit to meditate. The effects came on pretty fast, in about 10 minutes. As I tried to focus on my breathing, I just ended up unable to do so, but rather, I focused on the visuals. They were extremely intense. Sometimes, it just didn’t made any sense and then all of a sudden it became indescribably beautiful and kind of zoomed on some elements and took me further.

My thoughts were filled with beautiful things being said to me. I was being told not to change anything I was doing right now, that it was perfect. It also wanted me to remember that I am a loved person. Countless times, I was remembered not to forget I was loved. It was the main message. And somehow, as the visuals got the most intense, it was like being show about that love or experiencing it. And then I was like "Is it asking too much to be shown once again?" and it would answer "You ask a lot! But since we like you, we will show you again".

After a while, I decided to lay down on my bed and I thought it was kind of over. I was wrong! I putted my headphones and decided to listen to Shpongle, the Museum of Consciousness, which I had never heard. And then it became quite crazy. The visuals were so powerful that it made no difference if my eyes were open or not. I felt like I had accessed to a multidimensional kind of reality and I was being show around and that I was at that point in reality were things are not material, from which point consciousness create our reality. If that makes any sense.

I was also told at some point about a girl I like. I was told that she was totally into me, dying for me to ask her out. It said I should just go on with my plan, get a couch for the apartment so she can sit next to you, ask her for a movie. There was also a moment I was told I would become a father. Now I am really curious to see how it turns if I date that girl? And me being a father would make me very honored.

Of course, like any profound psychedelic experience, it’s hard to seize it, but I really got what I wanted. I have no desire to take anything else, I just want to keep going with what makes my life better. I think maybe once or twice (or just none) every year or so, it can be a good idea to have a psychedelic experience.

I took it at 1pm and it lasted all afternoon and I was still having minor visuals when I went to bed at midnight. Took me a bit of time to fall asleep but slept well. I am in shape today, but maybe a little tired.

The visuals were so powerful that it made no difference if my eyes were open or not. I felt like I had accessed to a multidimensional kind of reality and I was being show around and that I was at that point in reality were things are not material, from which point consciousness create our reality.
- Nice! Reminds me of my "pharmahuasca" (freebase DMT+ extracted Harmaline, taken orally) experiments! ;)

I'm excited to try and still "saving" the higher dosage breakthrough 4-Aco-DMT trip for whenever "I'm ready" 8)

Finally got to try this last night at ~18mg. I'd read about the possibility of sedating effects, but I wasn't expecting them to be that intense! Could hardly walk straight - even getting a glass of water took quite a bit of effort. I spent most of the trip lying on my couch. Not that I found that aspect unpleasant, it just took me by surprise [edit: never yawned so much on any drug - even alcohol!]. I ended up sleeping like a rock and had a hard time getting out of bed, although I feel pretty good.

Does the sedation get more pronounced with higher doses?

Last edited: