• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dosing on unknown tabs-what to look for-TIPS/SUGGESTIONS?

Bigfeely123

Bluelighter
Hello everybody, how are you doing? I need some harm-reduction tips/advice PLEASE guys. Thank you.

I know people say a lot about "know your source" & "you never dose on tabs from an unknown source" etc etc. I realize what people are saying & I am not trying to be rude but in this day & age this is simply not usually the case... Because LSD is so scarce to MOST people the only way to easily obtain is to go to a concert/music festival & buy from someone there who you may smoke a joint with/shoot the shit for a few mins with/whatever... & then they say to you, "hey man.. interested in any doses?" And you buy your doses & you never see them again. It's not like you say "hey man...Before I hand you my money do you mind if I test this supposed LSD your about to sell to me... I wanna make sure your not selling me some fucked up RC, is that cool bro?" I'm pretty sure that'd kill the vibe really quick.

When old timers who have been using L for decades first started getting into it, buying it from friends or other trusted sources(when they were around SWIM's age give or take.) the only thing on the black market that was being sold on blotter that you could trip on was for the most part LSD. (I can't think of any research chems. going decades back. that were sold to mimic LSD & fake the buyer out of the real deal) So I feel like taking unknown blotters back in the day (60's/70's/80's) the worst thing that could happen would be a really heavy LSD trip. (say the dosage was a lot stronger than what one would be normally used to.) Nowadays, on the other hand, taking an unknown tab can potentially really harm you. There is a much larger risk.

SO how does one inspect a single/blotter sold to them as LSD to tell or eliminate signs of a research chemical. I cannot use any of the test kits available on the net because there is very little product to test

I have read that in recent years in the NE of the USA (Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, ETC.) there has been a good amount of tested WoW going around & it is indeed real LSD. (I HOPE!) Not some unknown research chemical. But then again, people may have caught on by now and are selling RC's on WoW.

These are ones that SWIM has acquired from a summer smallish sized music festival in the woods by an older guy (capt. jack sparrow dreadlocks/sandals/huge knitted steal your face sweater) with a clothing/drug stall that always sets up shop in same area.) I talked to him for a decent amount of time, even bought a large amount of good high grade nugs & a big 'ol chunk of hash for a fair price off of him while I was at it, he told me they were pretty fire and should take 2. Overall seemed like a pretty nice guy - still doesn't mean that he didn't sell me something other than LSD. I hate to doubt someone that seemed like a genuinely good guy but I have trusted people like that in similar situations and have gotten totally ripped. (Buying Ecstacy... that's another story. haha.)

What they look like:

2 and 1/2 blotters total. Unprefforated. no designs/no art. Very small in size. papers/blotters themselves are not hard like cardboard but not flimsy paper. About one blotter could probably easily fit on pinky nail. No smell. Definitely is white in color but slightly off white color. Not like pure white color like a blank sheet of loose leaf. If looked at veeeeeery closely it appears to have some sort of a subtle texture to it-the blotter itself.

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated guys! Safety first! :)

If your not going to invest in a test kit- then the rule of thumb at the moment 'If it's bitter - its a spitter". I know that is a very, very random comment (but it actually has some merit). LSD will normally have a print - these new Nboes will not.

damn... Now I am a little hesitant on taking these. It sucks to think that all along I could've really been ingesting something that isn't LSD.

I thought it was only going to be a matter of time when RC's would make it over to printed sheets :(.

It's like being given a gun - you don't know if it's loaded or not but your going to pull the trigger anyway? If you don't know the source, you are unable to test but your going to do it anyway.

Firstly
Ask about at the event see what people are taking (most are happy to say this stamp / this press) then you can gauge whats on offer. If somebody is having a great time and they seem friendly then ask if they have any spare or can point you in the right direction (this can vary massively on your looks and the event your in so tread carefully). Don't forget that if there really fucked up you stopping them could disturb them.

You find your dealer - ask them what it is (sounds stupid) LSD dealers are often proud of what they have.

These RC's are reported to taste very bitter / LSD does not have any immediate taste (but can give you a metalic taste after a while). So if its really bitter, spit it out - if your unsure and still want to go ahead Swallow it quickly (this will reduce the effects of some of the RC's but LSD will happily get to work).

My biggest concern - A good trip is all about set and setting, waiting to come up on an unknown chemical could set you off in a negative way. Just be ready for this.

(Mods - sorry my post is vague, if you feel it's counter productive please feel free to remove it)

Bear

You can easily buy an Erlich's test kit online. It will at least show whether there is a tryptamine or ergoloid on the blotter vs. nbmoe or dox...

Honestly, I went ahead and did one blotter.

trip report: (if anyone cares to even read.)

Didn't feel it till about a good hour or so after ingesting. I remember thinking, "when is this going to kick in..." No visuals at first just felt that time was going by extremely slow. I'd look at the clock & think "What!? Only a minute has gone by?" I started to forget things and would be thinking, "wow... what just happened in the past minutes." I started to get confused. I asked my friend things like, "did I just get up or have I been sitting here the whole time?" He told me I had been sitting the whole time. After this confusion I started to see things appear in my head, like just random objects & shapes. I could see them sooo clearly but at this point it was not going through to my open vision, this was just in my head. My friend turned on some music, it was very loud. I thought I could see the vibrations coming out from the stereo when the music was coming out of it. It looked like hazy, vibrating atoms/particles in my vision. Time was going on, and after a while all I could hear was the music in my ears. It was hard to keep up with my friend who was only smoking. We went outside and as I looked at the trees, they looked like 3D lego trees. It was hard to distinguish how far away they were from me. (look up on internet lego trees if you haven't seen them before.) Then I looked towards his neighbor's house and in between his house & his neighbor's house looked like this huge wall that was in the way, it was transparent but it looked like something you'd see on the game assasin's creed-the wall was made out of all these moving atoms & particles & DNA looking things. (This is what they looked like to me.) We then went inside & he put on Nirvana live at reading. This music was ripping me apart... I could feel the music. It was so fast & full of explosive energy I started to get excited & felt like I was there (at the concert.) Time passed, & I started saying the randomest things. I'd look at something he had sitting on a table or something & I'd start telling a story about it or how it got there, how it was made. Example: he had this gravity bong thing that you pull (it's not the homemade ones, it has no water in it.) and It was a purplish greenish color on the top of it, and I was saying something along the lines of, wow that looks like buzz light year. Yeah buzz light year was in the movie toy story, but how did buzz from toy story get to your house? Where did you get that?? I just felt like any thoughts about any object I had to say outloud & it was hard to keep myself from saying what I was thinking, obviously I wasn't making much sense. It reminded me of stuff you'd say when your really drunk or how when your really drunk you don't care if you say something stupid. I remember towards the end he said something like, wow your tripping pretty hard dude. I didn't know how to take that. I didn't know if he meant like you need to chill a little or hell yeah man your gone. For some reason that made me kind of sad when he said that. From this point on I tried to tone it down a little bit. We continued to listen to music & hung out. That is basically it. It lasted approx. 5-7 hours, it could've possibly a little longer but we went to bed. As I laid on this cot trying to fall asleep I don't remember seeing any obvious OEV's but still pretty powerful CEV's going on.

Rock N Roll guys. Peace!

5-7 hours is a little bit too short for LSD man.
you ought to test it if you still have any left, because 5-7 hours is seriously too short for L, last times i've dropped, i've had it last 9-10 hours, and most drugs for me have decreased duration
I think the SHORTEST lasting L i've ever had, which only happened once and it was because the tabs werent that good, lasted for probably 7 hours, and i had those before NBOMe and LSZ/AL-LAD existed (we're talking about like 5 years ago) so they had to have been straight L cause they had no taste.
I'd be wary of buying random tabs off strangers, especially because IME strangers/people at music fests are asking too much (eg. seriously, about double) what tabs should go for, IME.
that and if its "fire" L, you wouldn't need to take 2.
Given, I've never ever taken less than 2 tabs of L, but i wont eat less than an eighth of shrooms either, i always prefer high doses.
What you got, if it was real L, was probably lower grade/lower potency since the duration wasn't long and you took a few of them and not just one.

thanks for the reply. It sucks that it probably wasn't real LSD... what are your thoughts-NBOMe perhaps?

Yeah, like you I thought I was taking acid a few months back and it weren't. I had small, printed, perforated tabs that were nbome. Similar trip to you but I took two tabs and it lasted longer. I guess it all felt a bit chemically. My OEVs weren't too fun, surfaces kept going all manky.. put me in some.. weird social situations. I'd say but this thread's yours init, look to the good that it weren't LSD - whatever happened was what it was, acid will only be better.

I guess legit blotters are super hard to find unfortunately-unless someone knows some serious connects. Almost every time at music festivals or concerts blotters are offered but I wonder what the percentage is of RC's vs real L. Oh well... :(

you ought to test it if you still have any left, because 5-7 hours is seriously too short for L

Some people find the 'main' effects of LSD to last just 6-8 hours, with trailing effects for a few hours afterward. I mean, he fell asleep with the CEVs still going.
nboxx-25x series compounds are not orally active, so if you're wary about them, swallow the blotter (however, this is obviously no replacement for Erlich's reagent).

ebola