• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Come down returned after two months

taxflax

Greenlighter
Honestly, I know that it probably isn't the best idea to browse on bluelight when trying to recover but I sense that it can be very helpful to write about your experience. After I spent yesterday reading similar stories I felt that I got worse but still, today I want to share my shit.

I am 22 years old. I had before this evening (which I presume is the night of where this started) smoked pot occasionally, tried LSD once and ecstasy once. The come downs hade lasted for a day so there was nothing wierd.

Three months ago me and my friend decided to take an ecstasy pill each, the exact same kind as I (and many of my friends) had taken earlier, because we always bought from the same guy and in purchases of 3-5 pills.

We vomited 1 hour after taking the pill which made us smoke some pot just to enhance the feeling, which turned out to be an accurate move. After a few hours (and 2-3 beers) we felt that we were coming down and becoming normal so we bought some amphetamine (0.25 grams each) which we kept partying on for the rest of the evening. If it matters, the amphetamine was clumsy and in liquid form. We smoked more pot and drank a bit more. We also tried some coke, say a half "line" or whatever it is called. Besides a tingeling feeling in my nose, I felt nothing else. We partied for a total of 12 hours.

After 11 days this hell of a come down finally ended and I felt as my self again. During this come down I went to school and did everything as usual just feeling apathetic and anti-social.

A month after that I tried some ADHD medicin (36 mg) to study through the night for a smaller exam. The following day I felt having a come down with the same symptoms, anti-social and apathetic but it only lasted for a day.

After this I decided not to take CS ever again. And I kept on going with my life. Partying, studying etc.

Two months after that first night it was time for some exams. I studied every chance I got, from morning to night and after two weeks I was finally done. Still feeling normal. Here comes the wierd part.

After the exams it was time for my project I had been working on with a big group of others for a year to finally take place. My part required me to speak infront of large student groups of 2-300 people a few times and also one time act as a host on stage a whole evening. Everything went on for two weeks. During these two weeks I felt my work capacity get worse from day to day.

If I could stay concentrated and as my self one full day, the next day I would be able to work to 16.00 and the day after that to 14.00 etc. until I reached that day where I couldn't do anything.

After that day I have been experiencing almost the same symptoms as when I had the come down, mostly anti-social, apathetic and also anxiety and that was 3 weeks ago.

Since then I have started working out, eating healthier, taking some vitamins (Omega-3, magnesium) etc. which have made me feel better over these last weeks but I have stopped going to school. My doctor said it was a serious stress reaction which meant I needed to take a break from everything but I did not tell her about the drug part.

Hopefully soon I will start meeting with a psychologist. But I still have questions. Should I talk to my doctor and tell her everything and hope she can help me? (She would have confidentiality, checked it out.) Should I go back to school again? Just try to be normal? Because at the moment I am not doing anything of "worth" besides working out I feel.

Also I still have some ecstasy left which is the same kind as I took, should I get it tested?

First of all using pills without testing? Come on bro, are u suicidal? Never, never, never use pills without testing even if you buy them from your "everytime dealer". There are too much shit pills out there. Did i say "never use pills without testing"? Never!

In my opinion, you should turn to your normal life. I mean; school, gym, your girlfriend etc.. You shouldn't give them up.

And of course you should say everything to your doctor. She can't help you, if she doesnt know what happened to you.

One last reminder, NEVER use pills without testing.

I hope you feel better soon.

You will be fine. Try not to think about it and move forward with life.

Get ALL your hormones blood tested from a doctor to rule out anything physical caused by the drugs.

Since then I have started working out, eating healthier, taking some vitamins (Omega-3, magnesium) etc. which have made me feel better over these last weeks but I have stopped going to school. My doctor said it was a serious stress reaction which meant I needed to take a break from everything but I did not tell her about the drug part.

even knowing about your drug use, i would agree with the doctor. your description sounds like you had lots of stress lately and stress can cause all these symptoms. taking a break, avoiding stressful activities for some time and taking it easy when you go back to school is a very good idea.

being honest with the psychologist surely is a good idea if she has to keep the information confidential. but be aware that many professionals have a less than adequate education on drugs (due to lack in research, drug-are-bad-and-that's-it mentality, the great multitude of substances, ...) and some are very quick to blame conditions they're not absolutely sure about on drug use. i've heard stories of doctors blaming drugs in cases where it would be contrary to all we know about the respective drug...

Also I still have some ecstasy left which is the same kind as I took, should I get it tested?
yes, absolutely. you should always test your drugs before you take them.

Strangestuff said:
Get ALL your hormones blood tested from a doctor to rule out anything physical caused by the drugs.
what are you talking about? what kind of "physical damage" are you expecting and what kind of hormone test would uncover that? are you saying that mdma destroys your thyroid, testicles/ovaries, stomach, pineal gland, ...? it doesn't to that. and why would gonadoliberin or gastrin levels have any kind of relation to what the threadstarter describes?
the only kind of organ damage that we see with mdma is a consequence of overheating and the threadstarter would sure have noticed (and have been rushed to the hospital) if that was the case. and even then hormone levels wouldn't be the right kind of test for that.

It doesn't destroy it--it can all be cured. I am saying this bc this is a situation where the user recovered and then got symptoms again. MDMA can and does effect the HPA axis so they should get their hormones checked out. Its not organ damage by any means at all its just biochemistry being off balance.

If I could stay concentrated and as my self one full day, the next day I would be able to work to 16.00 and the day after that to 14.00 etc. until I reached that day where I couldn't do anything.
How much weed have you been smoking since that MDMA night? This kinda sounds like what I get like if I've been smoking too much and have lots of work to do. I just get stressed about it too much and don't end up finishing in time, or not doing a good job...

I don't think that one night did anything to you. Sure drinking, MDMA, amphetamine and coke all in one night is pretty rough, and an 11 day comedown sounds reasonable (I'd get the same after heavy nights like that), but that's all you did, and one night on some ADHD meds (ritalin, adderall?). It really this shouldn't have "damaged" you in any kind of way, your doctor might be right and it might just be down to stress. Unless there's something you've not reported here like smoking weed or drinking too much?

MDMA can and does effect the HPA axis so they should get their hormones checked out. Its not organ damage by any means at all its just biochemistry being off balance.

sure it does, but that's an acute effect and gone in the next day. do you have anything that points to disturbances lasting two months? also how would cortisol levels tell anything about mdma's effects, when there are so many causes for increased cortisol, most importanly stress.
what really got me in your post was the capitalised "ALL", when the affected hormones are really only cotrisol, oxytocin and vasopressin (yes, i know one study found slightly increased testosterone levels, but i woulndn't take that too seriously when the levels even go back down during the peak). and their normalise within a span of hours.

sure it does, but that's an acute effect and gone in the next day. do you have anything that points to disturbances lasting two months? also how would cortisol levels tell anything about mdma's effects, when there are so many causes for increased cortisol, most importanly stress.
what really got me in your post was the capitalised "ALL", when the affected hormones are really only cotrisol, oxytocin and vasopressin (yes, i know one study found slightly increased testosterone levels, but i woulndn't take that too seriously when the levels even go back down during the peak). and their normalise within a span of hours.

They don't normalize within a span of hours otherwise the comedown would be considerably lessened. Not only is the comedown the recovery of the Neurotransmitter systems, it is also the recovery of the HPA axis. What I am trying to say is its unlikely that this is directly related to the comedown. Something similar happened to me where 1 month later after using I randomly lost my concentration ability+started getting anxiety although I recovered from MDMA in 1 week. Months later I found out that my Test level (and LH/FSH) were low and my cortisol was slightly low on a blood test and low on a 24 hr saliva test. Some people's bodies are more sensitive and it takes longer than usual for the endocrine system to recover. I should've been more specific in my original post--sorry about that. It just seems like this could warrant more investigation than just calling it an anxiety disorder--I am trying to save the OP months of searching which is what I had to do.

How much weed have you been smoking since that MDMA night? This kinda sounds like what I get like if I've been smoking too much and have lots of work to do. I just get stressed about it too much and don't end up finishing in time, or not doing a good job...

I don't think that one night did anything to you. Sure drinking, MDMA, amphetamine and coke all in one night is pretty rough, and an 11 day comedown sounds reasonable (I'd get the same after heavy nights like that), but that's all you did, and one night on some ADHD meds (ritalin, adderall?). It really this shouldn't have "damaged" you in any kind of way, your doctor might be right and it might just be down to stress. Unless there's something you've not reported here like smoking weed or drinking too much?

Inbetween the come downs I have smoked a few times, perhaps twice or thrice. One of the times I thought I was going to die because my friend "had a feeling" that it was spice, and one other time I thought I was going crazy. Both were very unpleasant experiences, so therefore I have decided not to smoke no more. Also during this period of time I got drunk maybe once a week.

It was ritalin.

They don't normalize within a span of hours otherwise the comedown would be considerably lessened. Not only is the comedown the recovery of the Neurotransmitter systems, it is also the recovery of the HPA axis. What I am trying to say is its unlikely that this is directly related to the comedown. Something similar happened to me where 1 month later after using I randomly lost my concentration ability+started getting anxiety although I recovered from MDMA in 1 week. Months later I found out that my Test level (and LH/FSH) were low and my cortisol was slightly low on a blood test and low on a 24 hr saliva test. Some people's bodies are more sensitive and it takes longer than usual for the endocrine system to recover. I should've been more specific in my original post--sorry about that. It just seems like this could warrant more investigation than just calling it an anxiety disorder--I am trying to save the OP months of searching which is what I had to do.

Did you ever find out why your test levels were low? How did you manage to stabilise your values?

If anyone wonders what happened to me. My life is a complete disaster. Nothing changed for the better. I have tried almost everything and for each day going by my hopes of recovering 100% are getting smaller.

I can write more or start a new topic because I feel this has never happened to anyone on the whole planet. And I have read and searched the best I could but I have found nothing. Please all information is vital for me.

If anyone wonders what happened to me. My life is a complete disaster. Nothing changed for the better. I have tried almost everything and for each day going by my hopes of recovering 100% are getting smaller.

I can write more or start a new topic because I feel this has never happened to anyone on the whole planet. And I have read and searched the best I could but I have found nothing. Please all information is vital for me.

What are your symptoms?