• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

December '14 -- SL Getting & Staying Sober Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slept great last night 12-6:30
Up and got kids to school fed etc
Day 2 starting out better than I thought it would.

Can this even be a day 2 since I took 3 tramadol yesterday?

I guess that's better than 3 lortab or a roxi

I'm at 3 months and 3 weeks. Finally feeling like my normal self for most of the day. This has been the toughest thing I've ever done--worth it, but not the 7-days-and-you're-over-it cakewalk I had hoped. Still have cravings...still have times when I feel empty, but those are fading. Not looking forward to the holidays, though; hope I can make it through December. 8)

Proud of myself for sticking to 4mg sub yesterday when i really wanted to take 6 again. I'm glad to be starting Dec clean of heroin... With any luck I'll start January clean of heroin & suboxone :)

I know I have had the same goal the past few months but I really want to stop my marijuana use once and for all by the end of the month; my never ending quest to get "all the way sober" continues. In the past when I have attempted to stop smoking I get cravings for opiates and benzos, my drugs of choice. I justify my smoking by saying that "at least I'm not doing hard drugs". While this may be true the fact remains that I am still using an intoxicant as a crutch to get by in everyday life and I don't think it is acceptable at this point in my life. It would be one thing if I was one of those people who saw no negative effects from their marijuana use but I am not. I have been an everyday smoker for 15 years now and at this point I get nearly as many negative effects as positive ones but I continue to smoke out of habit and because I don't like being sober. While I may not be on pills anymore I can't really call myself "clean" because I can't go even a few days without intoxicants without crawling out of my skin.

I'm at 3 months and 3 weeks. Finally feeling like my normal self for most of the day. This has been the toughest thing I've ever done--worth it, but not the 7-days-and-you're-over-it cakewalk I had hoped. Still have cravings...still have times when I feel empty, but those are fading. Not looking forward to the holidays, though; hope I can make it through December. 8)

I'm not looking forward to the holidays either but I am glad that Thanksgiving is over with. At least there is that...

Six Months and 24 days clean and serene for me!

This is kindof a personal question but I am just going to throw it out there:

So the GF and I have been having sex at least once, but most often twice a day.... needless to say, this is the most regular I have ever been and its fun of course. The question I have is how much is too much (if there is too much)? We love it, but wonder if we are switching our addictions from drugs to sex????? We are both in recovery...

Congratulations, everyone! Captain H, I hope things are getting at least a little better.

While the withdrawal is lessening and stuff, I still have really bad suicidal thoughts.

Thank you for reaching out.

So the GF and I have been having sex at least once, but most often twice a day.... needless to say, this is the most regular I have ever been and its fun of course. The question I have is how much is too much (if there is too much)? We love it, but wonder if we are switching our addictions from drugs to sex????? We are both in recovery...

I'm not sure that switching an addiction to something healthier like sex or exercise is necessarily a bad thing unless you start partaking in risky behaviors due to these addictions like having sex with random people you just met or exercising so much that it is hurting your body. With that being said I'm sure you are fine. It sounds like you are just in the honeymoon period of a new relationship, having a lot of sex when you get with a new partner is par for the course in my experience.

roughly 18 months. Life is looking up. Cleared out the benzos, opiates, etc. etc. etc. Finally got work... Have a baby on the way....

It's not so bad, life is good. :)

I saw something the other day: "My life can be summed up in one sentence: it didn't go as planned and that's okay." <-- Apparently, not being okay with the non-ideal means control issues are present?

Despite having a minor relapse a week ago, nothing really has changed, in only put things in perspective again to follow the path ive chosen, the sober one. And a few glasses of wine in 107 days is nothing to be ashmed of right :)
Still very happy being an addict in recovery.

I'm not sure that switching an addiction to something healthier like sex or exercise is necessarily a bad thing unless you start partaking in risky behaviors due to these addictions like having sex with random people you just met or exercising so much that it is hurting your body. With that being said I'm sure you are fine. It sounds like you are just in the honeymoon period of a new relationship, having a lot of sex when you get with a new partner is par for the course in my experience.

Agree completely - not sure there's such a thing as too much sex, but even if there is, I don't think twice a day qualifies. As long as there are no negative effects from it, I think you're fine.

Despite having a minor relapse a week ago, nothing really has changed, in only put things in perspective again to follow the path ive chosen, the sober one. And a few glasses of wine in 107 days is nothing to be ashmed of right :)
Still very happy being an addict in recovery.

Of course you should! Recovery has nothing to be ashamed of.

How does 76 days feel??

It feels way better than it did in active addiction. Alcohol was my main problem. I was so sick all the time and even sicker if I didn't drink. My body was just disintegrating. I only relapsed for three months and it went downhill so fast it was scary. Being sober for me isn't like constant bliss, it's more of an even pleasant mood where I can react better to situations. It comes on slow in sobriety, but it's worth it for me. I can't believe I picked up a drink again, but I'm glad I got help and am happy where I am today. It's definitely way harder to stop than it is to stay stopped.

Really down right now. Considered using for a minute but decided not to. Trying to have faith that if i work hard on my sobriety and my life, it will pay off later. Doesnt feel like it atm though.

Not going to use today tho, so today is 9 days no heroin. Ive taken 3 mg dub, really tempted to take my last mg now, even tho i know it will be a mild mood lift if any.

How do people do it? Just live sober and feel pain with no escape from it?

Really down right now. Considered using for a minute but decided not to. Trying to have faith that if i work hard on my sobriety and my life, it will pay off later. Doesnt feel like it atm though.

Not going to use today tho, so today is 9 days no heroin. Ive taken 3 mg dub, really tempted to take my last mg now, even tho i know it will be a mild mood lift if any.

How do people do it? Just live sober and feel pain with no escape from it?

I don't know how I have done it. Great job on staying strong Blue. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.