• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - 2nd MiPteration

my subtle without overwhelming dose was maybe 22 mgs. It was strong and was second time ever on a psychedelic.

*remember the fumurate version , which many use currently, is about 1/4th less potent than hcl*

All I can say about this substance is that IT IS AWSOME. I did 50mg of it and got BEAUTIFUL visuals and GREAT euphoria. I am sad I can't get any more of it but I have LSD ATM so I am ok.

Apologies, I know this post is a bit scrambled, I don't find writing all that easy at the best of times. but anyway.. I had my first decent trip from this tonight at 26mg taken in 2 bumps 30 mins apart and I'm now totally blown away by what this substance can do. After a couple of initial disappointments at lower doses. I experienced what I can best describe as a 370-380 degree headspace, my mind felt like a constantly expanding, inflating bubble, for hours just coming up and up, 3 hours and still climbing and the time dilation was like...3 hours felt more like 6. Listening to Boards of Canada the music sounded incredible, beyond stereo. At around 4 hours into it I experienced a repeat of the everything's going green effect which I find utterly fascinating, like I'm wearing green lens shades, I even had to check that I wasn't. truly bizarre. What really strikes me most about it is the 'physical' feeling that my mind is just getting bigger, seeing so much more.
I'm going to try combining this soon with 4-ACO-DMT to see if it could prolong the visuals of that. I think could be a killer pairing if done right.
I still haven't found this to be as in-your-face in the visuals department as BK-2CB which for me was off the charts melting wax rainbow infused curtains at 100 mg. I can now see how it could get more visual at higher doses. The headspace is really where this chemical shines though. It's quite deep but it's also light and I found myself seeing the funny side in everything. The visuals, such as they are crystalline in quality with a lovely glow coming from lights when not looked at directly. I can see how 50mg would give you awesome visuals but I don't feel ready to go that high just yet. I'm getting a lot out this at 26mg and it's only the fumarate. I seem to be quite sensitive to psychs. Sorry if this was all a bit disjointed. :)

Last edited:
Recently I added a few 4-HO-MiPT trip reports. Referencing to them here seams appropriate.

24mg: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/805760-(4-HO-MiPT-24mg)?p=13818959#post13818959
21/26/31mg: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/805761-(4-HO-MiPT-21-amp-26-amp-31mg)
Rectal admin. of 16mg: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/805762-(4-HO-MiPT-16mg-(IR))?p=13818951#post13818951

I really like this substance as it is quite intense for me visually, while remaining pretty clearheaded during most part of the trip. In my experience, mental fogginess will raise it's head round and about the time visuals start to subside a bit, and I do notice some cognitive fatigue from this point on.

I've found dosing 20mg's on an empty stomach to vary in intensity in the past. Three times, using the oral parachute method, I've had very different results from the same batch while being in the same set and setting. One time it came on quickly, delivering a ++ within 15 minutes and ramping up to a +++ at T + 00:20. Other times, also dosing 20mg, I would have to wait an hour to reach a ++ state. And one time, again with 20mg, I was at a meager + two hours after ingestion and it never got beyond that intensity.

A 24mg oral dose dissolved in some liquid came on quickly, + at 15 minutes, ++ at 20 minutes, +++ at 30 minutes.
A 31mg dose via parachute took a bit longer then an hour to get to +++ and was maybe a bit less intense as the previously mentioned 24mg dose that was dissolved in some liquid. Both times were on a completely empty stomach.

A 16mg rectal dose felt like a oral dose that lies somewhere between 20 and 25 milligrams (very tentative) with a quick come up (+ at T+00:15 / ++ at T+00:20 / +++ at T+00:30 (approximately)).

The plateau for visual effects after oral ingestion last ~4 hours for me with a visual comedown of ~1 to ~2 hours. Some lingering effects remain after this.
The plateau for visual effects after rectal administration lasts about ~1,5 to ~2 hours, with a comedown of ~0,5 to 1,5 hours.

I'm wondering if others have experienced varying intensity of effects with the same dosage, set and setting.

I'm so jealous of everyone who gets such beautiful visuals from this chemical. I very much enjoy 4-HO-MiPT, but the visuals have always been lackluster for me compared to a lot of tryptamines. Even when they got fairly complex for me at 50 mg, they were still rather disorganized and stylistically restricted, though certain basic things like the tracers did get extremely intense. It did seem like they would probably continue to get a bit better at even higher doses than that too, but I already had a good bit of physical discomfort from that dose that makes me not really want to push much further.

I do find it potentially useful in the way it is for me too though. I think it's quite versatile in the sense that lower doses around 20-30 mg feel somewhat like a more trippy and erotic and less forced version of MDMA, whereas the 50 mg dose felt more like a full classic psychedelic experience along the lines of LSD or mushrooms with the same head trip and all, but at the same time its subtlety still made it feel much easier to handle than most that give me that kind of trip. I feel like it would be a fantastic option for me any time I wanted to commit to a full-blown tryptamine experience, but for whatever reason still wanted it to be as little of a commitment as possible. It's not really my favorite chemical for deeper exploration because of this, but I do find it to be a very nice recreational trip.

Maybe I just need to find a better dose for myself to really get a more fully satisfying trip with it though, it could just be that I've taken too much and too little, but not quite the dose that's just right. Maybe I'll try 40 mg next time and see how it goes. :)

But have you noticed any variety in intensity using a specific dose with comparable set and setting?

I have not used the same dose in the same set and setting twice, so I cannot answer that question. I have however noticed quite a bit of variability in that way with other psychedelics.

I`ve noticed it with DMT. Where smoking a set dose, say 30 mg, from the same batch, could give very different results on different occasions.

This one is particularly unpredictable for me. The first time I tried it I did 12 mgs expecting a VERY mild experience but my girlfriend and I had a pretty intense and shaky come-up, and then it was insanely visual for two hours with a sudden stop at the third hour.

Two monthns after that I tried it at 15 mgs, and it was very underwhelming, and then later again at 18 mgs, and had a very euphoric and visual trip, but mentally underwhelming. I tried it at 20 mgs after a long break, with similar results to the 18 mg experience.

I've smoked DMT a good number of times but not actually with measured doses, so it's hard for me to comment on that. I have noticed this kind of variability especially with LSD though, the trips are always strong but they can go in a lot of different directions at the beginning and that tends to set the mood for the rest of the experience. 4-HO-MPT seems to vary a good bit for me as well, though I've only tried it a few times so far and not at the same doses. The experiences have been remarkably versatile though, the first for me being most alike other synthetic tryptamines like 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-DET, the second being the most LSD-like trip I've ever had on a research chemical, and the third being much more heavily mushroom-like than either of those. 4-HO-MPT and 4-HO-MiPT are incredibly close structurally and in some effects too, so that might make sense here.

Maybe I'll just have to keep trying this one. :) I'm definitely looking forward to my next experience with it, as visual or not it's always awesome anyway!

I've only tried 4-ho-mipt and 4-aco-dmt I think (I need to check my list to be sure, but lazy), and I can't remember anything from the 4-aco-dmt. So I can't comment on the 4-ho-MPT.

On a side-note, which 4 substituted tryptamine do you like best, and how dissimilar is it from 4-ho-mipt?

And it's good to read that me and some of my friends aren't the only ones having varied effects from the same dose Img_9999.

For me, the 4 subs are horses for courses. If I want a relaxing ride and eye candy then it's metocin.
I find with miprocin that my writing creativity goes through the roof (I write political commentary) and am able to pick the most fantastic smilies and metaphors through deep thought (for example describing Nigel Farage as a Populist whore, a fetish doll for the disaffected - Nick Griffin (nasty racist ex-Leader of BNP basically a white supremacist) with a private education, vitriol with a posh accent).
4-aco-Met is for a rocket ride of fun, less relaxing than metocin, bit nicely visual.
I also have 4-ho-dmt which I will get around to testing soon.

Anyway, miprocin is to go-to substance for creativity for me.

On a side-note, which 4 substituted tryptamine do you like best, and how dissimilar is it from 4-ho-mipt?

I had a different response written to this before but I deleted it because I didn't quite fully agree with it in the end.... It's pretty hard to pick a favorite honestly, and believe me I've tried often. Let me see if I can try to explain my feelings about it all in a way that's satisfying this time....

First, let me say a little bit about my feelings about 4-HO-MiPT in relation to all this too. Though I do find it a bit reduced in effect from what I'm typically used to or going for with tryptamines, it does have the advantage of having an asymmetrical tail, which apparently is a good thing. Maybe it's just a coincidence, maybe there is some deeper consistent biological pattern to the difference, who knows? All I can say is that I'm not the first one to have noticed the symmetrical vs asymmetrical difference with tryptamines, and I've definitely preferred the latter so far. In simplistic terms, the primary differences between the 4-substituted ones that I personally have noticed are that the symmetrical ones seem to share a much higher magnitude of this one type of visionary imagery I get while meditating to an out-of-body state, and they often seem to leave me drifting into dream-like states, whereas the asymmetrical ones have less of this but instead seem to apply this really interesting filter to the visuals of people I get from each tryptamine at high enough doses, making them noticeably less 3D-looking than the visuals I usually get on the symmetrical ones, but also adding this really unique erotic twist to their design and the visuals around them which is accompanied by a greater degree of hedonistic euphoria. I really could go deeper into that too, and probably rethink parts of it here and there, but that's probably good enough for this time.... So, in relation to 4-HO-MiPT, even though it's a weaker hallucinogen in some more universal ways than the others for me, it still has that asymmetrical hedonistic vibe that I love, and its imagery is actually in some ways the most erotic of all of them still, so it's not like I don't still really appreciate it. While I really do enjoy exploring with all of these tryptamines too, in any typical mood I would probably still be more inclined to take 4-HO-MiPT than to go with something like mushrooms, 4-HO-DET, or 4-HO-DPT, which I would instead save for some deeper exploration.

So, the only 4-substituted tryptamines that I prefer to 4-HO-MiPT at the moment are the other asymmetricals that I've tried, being 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-MPT, and 4-HO-EPT, in the order I tried them. When it comes to actually picking a best between these three, it can be pretty tough.... My first post was more about this actually. One of the issues is that in many ways they just represent very different uses of psychedelic drugs, as does 4-HO-MiPT for me from the rest of them. To try to make it as easy as possible, I'd say that 4-HO-MiPT for me is best used as something like a psychedelic empathogen, 4-HO-MET is like visuals out the wazoo to the point of full-blown hallucinations while still being an easygoing ride, 4-HO-MPT feels a lot like LSD or mushrooms and can cause a pretty heavy mind/self trip under the right circumstances, and 4-HO-EPT so far has not been that geometric, but has lots of hedonistic visions and some headspace not unlike the classics. There are honestly almost no circumstances under which I would consider any of them interchangeable lol. I will say that the largest reason I prefer all of them to 4-HO-MiPT is just because of the intensity disparity, I enjoy the empathogenic properties but am normally looking to mostly hallucinate, but I'll give a little bit deeper of a comparison of each of them to it too.

4-HO-MET I think has the closest visuals to 4-HO-MiPT of them, with a bit less intricate geometry but a lot more realistic imagery and also a lot more color and light, the visuals can be extremely obvious and intense even in bright light. It produces no confusing or mystical headspace for me even at high doses unlike 4-HO-MiPT, but it can be stimulating and a bit delirious depending on how far you push. The body high I find to a little bit piercing than 4-HO-MiPT's, but also less tense, which is actually true for all of these tryptamines, but I also find 4-HO-MET to produce a greater hedonistic euphoria, possibly the most purely recreational of any 4-substituted tryptamine actually, it's great fun. The duration for me I would say is probably also the closest to 4-HO-MiPT's.

4-HO-MPT is a bit more unique visually, it actually has some of the elements that 4-HO-MET has for me that 4-HO-MiPT doesn't have but lacks some of the ones it does, and also brings in a few more things like more mushroom-like geometric designs and more LSD-like cartoon imagery. I personally consider it to be the most visually interesting 4-substituted tryptamine I've tried so far, but it can sometimes be dimmer or less broadly colorful than 4-HO-MET, and it takes higher doses to reach the same level of intensity. The headspace it puts me in is very similar to higher doses of 4-HO-MiPT, except that whereas that to me feels like sort of a lighter, more easygoing version of an experience like LSD, this one does not feel reduced in any way. I have as much respect for 4-HO-MPT's ability to rock my ego as I do LSD's, and that's just not quite true of 4-HO-MiPT. However, 4-HO-MPT also produces even less of a body high than 4-HO-MET at the same dose, so it can make me feel kind of raw or exposed compared to 4-HO-MiPT especially, though it does have some stimulating euphoria as well, and at higher doses produces a buzzing body vibration similar to other strong tryptamines. I would say that its duration is the longest for me compared to 4-HO-MiPT's, but not by a huge amount still.

4-HO-EPT is definitely the most distinct from 4-HO-MiPT, for me so far it's barely even produced geometric imagery while at the same time producing far more intense and detailed visionary imagery, particularly with eyes closed. The visions I've gotten on it so far have actually been almost entirely the kind that I've gotten specifically on the asymmetrical tryptamines so far, and I am starting to grow pretty fond of it for that reason. The headspace was pretty easygoing at the lower dose but started to have a bit of the same stimulated disorientation as 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-MPT at the higher dose, but at any dose there was also a distinct white light kind of thing going on, it is fairly dissociating at points but in a still fairly clearheaded way. The body high it provides is more subtle than most of these for me, but it does grow stronger over the course of the trip and by the end can actually feel pretty nice, and I'm betting it gets even better as the dose gets higher. This is overall definitely the most sedating of these tryptamines for me though, and I suppose kind of closer to 4-HO-MiPT in that way for me than either 4-HO-MET or 4-HO-MPT. Its duration also might actually a bit shorter than 4-HO-MiPT's for me, particularly for the span of time in which I actually significantly hallucinated.

So, I think that might be a bit better.... There really just are so many different things going on with these tryptamines though, like in addition to the symmetrical vs asymmetrical relationship there are different functional groups, like 4-HO-DET has a mind trip most similar to 4-HO-MET for me, 4-HO-DPT is most similar to 4-HO-EPT in that way, and so on, and then there are things like bulk groups such as similarities between 4-carbon tryptamines (4-HO-MPT, 4-HO-DET, 4-HO-MiPT, etc.) or 6-carbon tryptamines (4-HO-DPT, 4-HO-DiPT, etc.), there are just so many overlaps that it's almost impossible to just objectively rank them, it really just comes down to what you need when you need it. As I said before I really go in for the hallucinations, but even that doesn't necessarily help me much, because 4-HO-MET has the heaviest pure fun visual to any other effects ratio, 4-HO-MPT has the best mix of visuals and classic psychedelic headspace, and 4-HO-EPT has the most enjoyable and deep visionary effects I've had so far, so even with that the preference only gets you so far and you just end up having equally great options for very different scenarios. They really are each just amazingly unique molecules, no matter how many overlaps they all have.

Anyway, I hope this has all made sense and been informative!

Thank you both!

4-ho-met sounds interesting! I like max visuals while staying as sober as possible mentally. Not always mind you. A good psychedelic head-space once in a while is fine.

I'm a bit short on time now. Might edit this later for a more fleshed out response.
Thanks!

No problem, happy to help. :)

Well, 4-HO-MET is definitely a great option for that. My highest dose was still totally clearheaded despite causing lots of hallucinations like animals and aliens mixed in with mandalas and mushroom-like facial imagery. It's a special psychedelic for sure, and quite popular for a reason!

For me, 4-HO-MiPT is very clearheaded mentally. It's only when visuals start to subside that I notice the onset of some mental fatigue. At that point I'm def. not mentally sober anymore. If 4-HO-MET does not do this, I'm interested indeed. Also, the more visuals it I'll bring, the better! :)

What is the highest dose of 4-HO-MiPT you've taken again? It really makes a difference for me, when I took up to 30 mg I always found it very clearheaded as well, but when I jumped up to 50 mg it suddenly hit me really hard, even the perceptual effects were disorienting enough because I couldn't even see straight or focus my vision properly. I'm not sure if I've noticed the fatigue you mention on lower doses, but it does make me feel kind of lazy, so I could see a connection.

4-HO-MET has never been disorienting in the slightest for me, but it's worth noting that it can be quite stimulating, and if that aspect of it hits you hard you may feel lucid and in control but not exactly sober, it can make my thoughts feel a little rushed. Interestingly though, this actually disappeared and was replaced by a very alert relaxation at 50 mg, so it was even more of a purely visual trip then. I definitely think it's something you might really enjoy based on what you've been saying.

The highest I've gone is 31mg. What's the safety profile on the 4 subs? I'm def. interested in pushing the dosage.

4-HO-MET does seem intruiging. Thanks!

There is a report by someone on another forum about taking 450 mg of 4-HO-MiPT and having their vitals checked at the hospital and having them come out totally normal, all in the midst of an utterly mind-bending and relatively atypical trip. I'm also aware of others who have taken doses around 150 mg and claimed that they would still be willing to do more. Trip reports of similarly large doses of other 4-substituted tryptamines can be found around the net as well, not necessarily the 450 mg except for one I know of 4-AcO-DMT and doses of around 300 mg being reported for 4-HO-DPT, but I've definitely seen a good few of them reported on between 100-200 mg. I don't think that any of these reports should necessarily be taken as evidence that doing this is safe or that it wouldn't kill someone, but I think it's quite notable that despite having been used like by some and having been around for a while I am still not aware of a single death on medical record ever having been caused entirely or primarily be a 4-substituted tryptamine. It's worth considering as well that people have already been doing this for a very long time, like with taking an ounce of mushrooms for instance, and that hasn't seemed to cause serious health problems either. This all would suggest that, at the very least, this class of psychedelics is likely quite safe when used reasonably and responsibly, though of course as most of these are strong monoamine receptor agonists care should still be taken by anyone who has something like cardiovascular issues or increased risk of stroke or something along those lines, especially with the more newly released molecules before we have gathered information on them.

Personally, while I did not find 50 mg of 4-HO-MiPT to feel dangerous, I did find it to be verging on uncomfortable already, it made me feel very twisted up inside. It could have been a one-off thing though, hard to say... but it did discourage me a bit from pushing higher, though again my preferred effects from it so far have come from lower doses anyway. I might try pushing a good deal higher one day through a different route of administration though.

And no problem, I hope you find the 4-HO-MET to your liking. :)

Thank you! I appreciate your input! Those are some pretty wild dosages you mention. Damn!