• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - 2nd MiPteration

This is such an important thing to realize. I think a lot of people go in to psychedelics thinking it will fix their problems, but that's just unrealistic. Maybe you realize something, but then you still have to do something to get there. That something you have to do can be very hard, and it won't be any easier, but psychedelics can help you find the drive to be the best person you can be.

exactly. Well said. Good stuff. Psychedelics can help you if you have a positive mind and want to better yourself, thats a crude way of saying it. You said it nicely

The part of AA that kills me is when people use for a quick fix and do get better.....figure things out and see themselves and learn

And them if as when they no longer need it and can successfully use like a "normal person" there is now that stigma....your an alcoholic, you can't do that

haha I know. and you cant argue with them bc they are brainwashed and like the news stations to do their thinking for them and have their whole life so not even worth it bc their minds are already made up

^Thank you. I'm not one to usually tout AA, it is extremely flawed. I benefit from the support though. It's like night and day how much better my life has gotten. Haha, when they say the Lord's Prayer at the end sometimes I pray to the peyote gods...

I received 100mg of this yesterday and have just got round to opening the package. It's been hot recently (for this place anyway!) and the substance has turned into a sticky, resinous sort of consistency. Any ideas on how to recover the material? It's impossible to weigh out at the moment as I have no idea of the weight of the greaseproof paper to which it is currently set. I've put it in the freezer for now to see if it will solidify and enable me to break it off in order to weigh.
In terms of storage, I think I read in one of these threads that this stuff doesn't dissolve easily; I'm hoping that freezing it will bring it to the consistency of shatter so I can at least weigh it. After that I guess I just have to keep it in the freezer in that state rather than trying to dissolve?

Freezing it made the substance a little more manageable, albeit briefly! I was able to measure out a few doses before it returned to gloop. I haven't come across such a sticky substance for ages. Touching it leaves a thin film on the skin. I tried to lick off a tiny bit but it barely budged. Reckon I licked about 2mg judging by weights so that can act as my test dose. Will probably spend the next 2 hours with Placebo effects...

Last edited:
Sorry for seeming to talk to myself so much (as Blackadder said, it's the only way I can be sure of an intelligent conversation ). Anyway, I received a delivery of 100mg of 4-ho-mipt today. That left me wondering just what it was I received yesterday. Looking at early posts in thread 1 it is definitely of the consistency that the early batches of 4-aco-mipt were described as "...an epoxy like goo". It must have come from the same vendor who realised their mistake and am waiting on a reply.

In the absence of a response from the vendor I went with the lovely powdered 4-ho-mipt.
Just 12mg, dumped in water, stirred and down the hatch. I'd actually been wondering whether to up it to 15mg given the reports on here. So, 11.15, down the hatch.
According to my notes, at T +0:25 I was quite stunned by the come up. I thought 4-HO-MET was quick, but this stuff leapt upon my senses like a horde of shoppers on black Friday.
With the help of some new weed just at the plateau I was able to achieve a solid +++ and ride the waves of pleasure for a good couple of hours.

My god this stuff rocks! I'll put up a trip report when I get a chance (loads already I know, but the more info out there on various responses to doses the better IMHO). Can't wait to go up to 15mg...

Addit: Trip report here.

I feel a bit like I arrived late to a party in this thread..

Last edited:
Lots of people are saying this stuff turns color/goopy after a few months/weeks if you don't store it in a freezer. I am by no means a chemist, but does that mean it eventually degrades in potency and effectiveness as well?

I'm Just wondering because I've also seen people that say 4-AcO-DMT degrades over time but I have a batch from over 10 years ago that seems just as potent as the newer batches I have, which was just stored in a clear bag inside an envelope. It got a little bit more "goopy" in that time. I'm going to try to vacuum seal the 4-HO-MiPt and at least put it in a fridge if not a freezer, but I'm just wondering at what point does it become a problem in terms of losing potency? And can it break down into anything potentially harmful (not that the drug itself is necessarily completely harmless in the first place)?

Lots of people are saying this stuff turns color/goopy after a few months/weeks if you don't store it in a freezer. I am by no means a chemist, but does that mean it eventually degrades in potency and effectiveness as well?

I'm Just wondering because I've also seen people that say 4-AcO-DMT degrades over time but I have a batch from over 10 years ago that seems just as potent as the newer batches I have, which was just stored in a clear bag inside an envelope. It got a little bit more "goopy" in that time. I'm going to try to vacuum seal the 4-HO-MiPt and at least put it in a fridge if not a freezer, but I'm just wondering at what point does it become a problem in terms of losing potency? And can it break down into anything potentially harmful (not that the drug itself is necessarily completely harmless in the first place)?
I thought this was only true for 4-aco-mipt???
I've had a vial of 4-ho-mipt sitting in a drawer for almost a year and it has the exact same potency and appearance as the day I bought it.
(Fine white powder with some clumpy hard chunks that break up into a fine powder. It's not sticky or anything but there were a few clumps of "rocks" of powder that broke up just fine.
I usually keep important chemicals under lock Bd key and in multiple containers in a deep freeze with dessicants but I forgot entirely about that vial of 4-ho-mipt and after a year I tried it at a festival 2 weeks ago and it was potent as the day I tried it!

I thought this was only true for 4-aco-mipt???
I've had a vial of 4-ho-mipt sitting in a drawer for almost a year and it has the exact same potency and appearance as the day I bought it.
(Fine white powder with some clumpy hard chunks that break up into a fine powder. It's not sticky or anything but there were a few clumps of "rocks" of powder that broke up just fine.
I usually keep important chemicals under lock Bd key and in multiple containers in a deep freeze with dessicants but I forgot entirely about that vial of 4-ho-mipt and after a year I tried it at a festival 2 weeks ago and it was potent as the day I tried it!

Interesting thanks for the response. People were definitely saying the degradation/goopy stuff about 4-HO-MiPT in this thread and "part 1" though. Good to hear it's maybe not quite as sensitive as many people have said. I will still probably err on the side of caution. I haven't actually tried it yet but hopefully in the next couple days I'll be able to make time for it.

Last edited:
Seems plausible that degradation may depend on impurities and exposure to humidity among other things. I wonder if pure microcrystals could 'galvanize' when particles degrade on the outside a little. With the 4-AcO the acetyl may pop to the 1-position, and I guess this happens more rapidly if there is the right salt or pH in the product to facility that transfer. Still, technically you would not really expect an issue with 1-Ac-4-HO-MiPT potency, it would be similar to ALD-52:LSD ... but pretty sure it has been detected in black goop.

Also perhaps the type of salt may matter...

Seems plausible that degradation may depend on impurities and exposure to humidity among other things. I wonder if pure microcrystals could 'galvanize' when particles degrade on the outside a little. With the 4-AcO the acetyl may pop to the 1-position, and I guess this happens more rapidly if there is the right salt or pH in the product to facility that transfer. Still, technically you would not really expect an issue with 1-Ac-4-HO-MiPT potency, it would be similar to ALD-52:LSD ... but pretty sure it has been detected in black goop.

Also perhaps the type of salt may matter...
So basically, 4-aco-mipt should be pretty much as stable as 4-ho-mipt if not moreso?
I assumed this was the case for all 4-aco vs 4-ho compounds but I've never seen 4-aco-mipt available anywhere ever but 4-ho-mipt is everywhere I look.
I always wondered about this and assumed it was because 4-aco-mipt was more unstable than 4-ho-mipt.
Strange.

No, you would expect 4-AcO's to be more stable than 4-HO's because the AcO protects the OH from degradation reactions like this:

244dwfk.jpg

If the 4-AcO transfers to the 1-position it leaves the 4-HO exposed, negating that protection... but was just mentioning a few other factors involved here. The conclusion was not that they are all equally stable though.

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/4_acetoxy_det/4_acetoxy_det_article1.shtml

The color of dark gooey products is hypothesized to be a sort of polymer or oligomer... but as mentioned before initial degradation does not abolish psychoactivity, however I wouldn't be quick to believe that further degradation wouldn't be harmful to potency.
Also, there is the question of a change in effect from possible initial degradation products, plus the gooey stuff is just nasty.

Last edited:
I finally got around to trying this stuff and submitted a detailed report to erowid which hasn't been approved yet but unfortunately forgot to save it in a file, but anyway...

I tried 21-22mg for my first dose, eaten on a piece of bread on a pretty much empty stomach other than that (had eaten 6 hours earlier). I dosed half of it at first, then the other half after about an hour. First effects were felt around 20mins in, and peaking after about an hour. I've tried a handful of other tryptamines in the past but this one has a very unique feeling to it. While I enjoy them all (and have known and loved them) all of the other ones I have tried had a little bit of a "harsh" edge to the body load and also a little bit of an "evil" side to the headspace, whereas this one just felt 100% positive, very smooth but at the same time very intense and very pleasurable body sensations in places I never knew I had.

Like most tryptamines I had all sorts of ideas rushing through my mind at all times, but for me this one had more of a positive vibe to it than some others I have tried. 4-AcO-DMT and shrooms for example are very introspective for me in a way that sort of points out the things I could do better in life, whereas this one was more telling me how a lot of the things I'm already doing are great and sort of "patting me on the back" while still acknowledging there is always room for improvement.

I took a short walk outside during the trip as well and nature was absolutely stunning. Everything had colors and vibrancy I don't think I've ever seen before even on other tryptamines, but at the same time didn't have as many visual distortions as other tryptamines in terms of patterning, breathing, trails, etc. I would love to go camping on this stuff as I just wanted to go lay in the woods somewhere soaking it all in, but since I was in a semi-public wooded area/park I had to at least try to hold it together a little bit. Inside the OEVs weren't anything too spectacular. Definitely some major color enhancement but just not nearly on the same level as being outside with all the plants/trees.

This had the most powerful pre-sensory hallucinations I have ever experienced outside of maybe some very high dose Ketamine and DXM holes. I could both "hear" and "see" completely vivid/realistic other worlds and people in my mind's eye, and even more amazing still I seemed to be able to completely control it. I could just think about something and that would magically appear for me. I also had rapid back and forth conversations with myself and other "characters" in my trip who had their own voices that I could hear, and we would sort of engage in a debate with each other about various things (mostly of a philosophical/metaphysical nature). I have never experienced this on anywhere near this level on any other tryptamine before and it is by far my favorite thing about the experience.

This stuff also lasted a pretty long time for me. The peak alone was a good 6-7 hours, then another 3-4 hours coming down but still feeling pretty "out there". I've only tried it once so far so it's a bit early to say for sure but this may just be my favorite tryptamine I have ever tried (having tried LSD, Shrooms, 4-HO-DiPT, 4-AcO-DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, and ayahuasca/DMT). It was all of the good things about tryptamines and none of the bad things. Despite being such a "feel good" sort of experience it was at the same time more intense than I expected it to be. It's hard to compare different drugs but 21-22mg felt far more "powerful" than 30-35mg 4-AcO-DMT doses or 1/8th of shrooms, 3 hits of LSD, etc

In a way I am very much looking forward to doing it again, but on the other hand I have been so contented by the experience it almost seems pointless somehow.

theres a big dose curve to 17-18 mgs and 22-23 mgs. Like with 22, 23 twirl visuals were appear-ant. with 17-18 a bit of shifting and stuff but no twirl visuals

Interesting. Last weekend I took about 15 mg for the first time and was somewhat disappointed with the lack of visuals. I was expecting more.

Miprocin very much has visuals, you just didn't take enough. I got crazyyy visuals on it, but somehow subtle without being overwhelming.