• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids dihydrocodeine

emilymolly

Greenlighter
Hey I've recently been prescribed dihydracodeine for back pain.I wanted a nice high so started off taking 10 30mg(all at once)anyway for the past week its been awesome and I'd end up high within an hour.Problem is I'm not getting anywhere near as high as when I started and also sometimes no high at all especially if I take them on a full stomach.is it normal for your tolerance to build up so quickly? Before the df's I was taking 16co codamol 30mg and still getting the same high everyday.
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Xxx

Yeah if you use everyday tolerances rises quickly. Try not to use everyday if you aren't dependent yet because you'll be able to get satisfying highs and not have withdrawal.

Unfortunately I am dependant on codeine.I'll try and lay off the df's for a couple of days though.I find that if I take any codeine based pills after food I don't get any high at all.Any idea why this is?
Thank you Xxx

You don't have a dependence to codeine, you *may* have a dependants to opiates.

Cut down your use.

You don't have a dependence to codeine, you *may* have a dependants to opiates.

Cut down your use.

No they are clearly dependent on opioids because they said so, and specifically they are dependent on codeine and it's closely related analogues.

I have been taking codeine for 15 years.I would say I was pretty dependant on them.And no although I would say I was dependant on it doesn't mean I want to knock down my dose.I was simply asking about the tolerance levels of dihydracodeine.

No they are clearly dependent on opioids because they said so, and specifically they are dependent on codeine and it's closely related analogues.

They're not 'clearly dependant' - there's no evidence to substantiate that they are 100% dependant, though they *may* be.
Codeine is an opiate, not an opioid.
Hell, they could possibly substitute the Codeine for Tramadol or even Loperamide - if the doses were equipotent.

In most cases, you don't get addicted to a specific opiate or opioid, you get addicted to the opium with opiates/opioids.

Last edited:
So much wrong with this.

They're not 'clearly dependant' - there's no evidence to substantiate that they are 100% dependant, though they *may* be.
They use everyday and have withdrawals if they don't, that's the definition of dependence.

Codeine is an opiate, not an opioid.
Codeine is an opiate and an opioid.

In most cases, you don't get addicted to a specific opiate or opioid, you get addicted to the opium with opiates/opioids.
People can be addicted to specific opiates even though other opiates satisfied cravings and withdrawals. Like I was addicted to IV heroin and addicted to opioids: saying which opioid you primarily use is just being specific.

You don't get addicted to "the opium", you get addicted to mu-opioid receptor agonism.

Last edited:
I've already tried tramadol as a substitute and it done absolutely nothing for me.actually was taking tramadol and co codamol at the same time.And when I went solo with the trams I still suffered awful withdrawals from the codeine.like I said I've been using codeine for over 15years,tried to come off it many times and failed miserably.I have however managed to get to a level where I control it not the other way round.Therefore it may not be an addiction but I'm still physically and emotionally dependent on it.Yeah I choose to take it because I enjoy the high,when I don't take it I get withdrawals.But I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it

Whatever you do don't go on methadone or bupe, that will make you addiction worse if you're moving to it from codeine. Just spend a couple days taking as small a dose as possible, so you can enjoy a high. Maybe try a couple days with just kratom getting you by.

Oh and yeah it's well document taking it on a full stomach makes it weaker.

Please don't switch over to tramadol. I did this, and had a major problem with them for 3 years.
I've just gotten clean from tramadol and codeine for the first time in 3 years.
I'm on day 7 completely clean, but do struggle for the first few days, but I tapered down to just one a day and then took the Jump.
tramadol is by far worse than codeine to come off of.. Start coming off the codeine slowly, don't rush.. Take your time, but set your self a plan x

Oh my first opiate! I use to go to doctor when I first started smoking and all the phelgm I woul hold in my chest and not cough up and act like i was all congested and always get that syrup. Would drink half the bottle in a go and feel lovely with a little bit of weed added to it.

were you taking 16 co codamol (500/30) at once? you not concerned with liver damage??