• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Show us something cool in your house

And Kate tries to tell us you are not a hoarder?

He has tendency busty - you should see the amount of stuff I made him get rid of before we amalgamated 2 homes. These days he has his storage spaces and we have a huge attic. We do share an office / play space where his side if always messier than mine, unless I'm working on an art project. As for the rest of our 3 bedroom home - its minimalist, calm, uncluttered and tidy. Anything else would do my head in - can't stand stuff n' clutter, its bad for my mental health lol.

Lets see more of your place and lovely things - your new home sounds amazing. x

Hiking magazines?

You should have just pretended they were jazz mags, MDB. :|

haha, possibly, though since i seem to be gaining a repuation as a "sex fiend" in some quarters i opted for the boring and probably very un-cool truth instead. (My jazz mags are somewhere else hehe, and i very rarely look at them since i acquired an internet connection. If I hadn't found another job relatively quickly I'd probably have flogged them at those dodgy seedy "book shops" on Shude Hill or sold them on the 'adult e-bay')

I didn't even consider what type of magazines they were. But now you mention it... hiking magazines? Well I never.

You maybe cleaned the head well, and maybe it's your tapes that are the problem. :\ I gave up on tape players & tapes years ago for the same problem... well, also & mainly because CDs exist.

yeah roughly 90% or so of my tape collection has now been uploaded by other people onto youtube or is available on CD, it's just some odd raririties that i cant listen to atall that annoys me from time to time.

haha, possibly, though since i seem to be gaining a repuation as a "sex fiend" in some quarters i opted for the boring and probably very un-cool truth instead.

Gaining a reputation as a sex fiend? Whatever gave you that idea? :D

You do post arse pics, and I have been asked to protect women from you, so maybe that reputation is deserved, y'know?

Really i scared SD that much:?8o That's terrible. I wouldnt harm a fly, well i tell a lie, i fucking hate flies, i wouldnt harm anything other than a fly.:\

Relax. I'm telling fibs. :D

You may have scared her actually, but if so, she didn't tell me.

lol, yep, thats more like it felix. :\

Things like NMEs C85 and C86 tapes and some punk/new wave compilation they did. I cant recall many other atm, but it was mainly very minority interest indie stuff that john peel played when i listened to his shows from around 1985-1989. Pretty much everything else i have is on youtube. Apart from Bob Dylans studio recordings. Again meaning im gonna have to actually buy the CDs, after already buying the casssettes and the vinyl LPs. :!

Have you heard of Michelle Shocked? (80s Alaskan folk/folk rock artist) Of course you have. She has a big beef with youtube over some racism slur or something so none of her studio recordings are on there, i may have to fork out the cash to get her CD; Short Sharp Shocked; the one with tracks like Anchorage Alaska, The L&N Dont Stop Here Any More, When I Grow Up, Black Widow, and Memories of East Texas. Great album. Not listened to it for far too long.

^ haha

@MBD: Aye, I remember her from those 80s indie days. I used to collect all those NME tapes too, but they're all long gone. Ah well.

I get the feeling you have personal experience of someone being a hoarder?

Lets see more of your place and lovely things - your new home sounds amazing. x

I am all about clean minimalist beauty. Behold my entertainment hub, 20 odd xbox games, 2Tb of music, movies and streaming goodness concealed by Scandinavian veneer and controlled by my iPhone. DVDs and CDs need not apply. Perfect for my daily dose of Ke$ha. The AirPlay speaker usually sits across the room and the fact I can't hide the cables behind the solid brick wall makes me twitch a little bit. For an indoor plant that green mass is amazingly hardy.

C77AB5FC-CA4A-4242-9E1E-1D933CED013A.jpg

I am all about clean minimalist beauty.

All very nice, but you appear to have evaded my question. ;)

We also have a 2TB NAS (is that what you meant by a hub?), but I suspect you'd twitch even harder at the bulk of it nowadays.

I moved from a two bed apartment to a three bed penthouse. I had no room to hoard previously. Even my storage shed is a model of efficiency with camping equipment and 4wd gear my only source of clutter.

I do have an extensive collection of beer glasses I can't throw away I guess.

I have an apple time capsule link via an Apple TV. It might make an old Linux warrior like yourself shake his solder encrusted fists in fury but it worked straight out of the box with nothing more than a third proprietary program like air parrot to jail break. I love being able to control everything with my phone.

Your post #113 earlier was kind of unnecessarily bitter for some reason, and your mention of a teaspoon collection was uncannily on the nail when talking about my mother's house. She has a hoarding issue, no doubt about that, so it just made me wonder. :)

This is an iPhone household as well as a Linux one, so there's no need to be so defensive. I know the Apple solution works amazingly well for millions of people, it's just not for me. BTW we can also control our entertainment via our iPhones with a VLC app, but it won't be as slick as your own setup.

The thing that shits me the most is needing wifi to connect to the Apple TV. I found hoe annoying this is when I tried to connect it at a mates house warming parrty. I'm assuming newer versions work by NFC or at least Bluetooth.

Once Netflix finally arrives in Australia I may never leave my lounge room

I've got a first-press Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced I need to frame^

LP art is pretty cool as far as things go I think. :)

I have got an record deck setup again but those 2 are kinda rare, 2 pressings of a lost / bootlegged album that I happen to have a great fondness for, I'ce framed up another old single

WcZAvHz.jpg

@ Chatative: Too right!

I like the PiL one, but the one on the right is a bit too minimal for my liking! ;) What is it?

The one on the right is a v rare white cover copy of the same bootleg, the record ( Commercial Zone)has the log on it but it kinda goes with the other one. I hunted a copy down after seeing one many years ago in Camden and not having the cash to buy it and regretting it ever since, they arent worth a great deal maybe 30-£40 each. I noted the other day that copies of Metal box are fetching £100, not selling mine :)

Here's my somewhat tatty DVM, I've few others but I've had this one for 20 years

pC2K9rL.jpg

My scooter isnt in the house, Mrs A wasnt keen on the idea