• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is Methadone worth it for recreational use?

Junks

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I want to apologize for starting another thread. I was not sure if I should of continued my last one, but did not as the title has Bupe in it and I may not have attracted people that know about methadone. Apologies.

So, just quickly, everyday or two I take Oxycodone and never above 30mg. I can get them consistently, and at this dose range, reliably. I now have access to what I initially thought was Bupe, which turned out to be Methadone 10mg tablets.

I have two on me right now, and I now have access to them to buy.

QUESTION

Should I take them or continue using my usual oxy?

1) I am scared that my supplier will run out or stop selling them, and then I will be stuck with such a tolerance that 30mg of Oxycodone will never work like it does again. Is this tolerance fear true?

2) The Oxy withdrawals were a bloody breeze for me. By day 3 they are basically over. How bad will the methadone withdrawals be in comparison if I keep to a similar low dose?

3) What dose should I take and what dose should I STAY at so withdrawals are not bad and I do not raise my tolerance? What ROA should I use outside of IV (only care about rush, not duration)? How is the high compared to oxy? Is there a rush at all?

4) Anything else I should know before taking my first dose?

Thanks so much guys. I am a little excited but also pretty scared....

Ok here's just my thoughts on this, and don't take my word on this cause I have actually never used Methadone (only Buprenorphine). From what I have gathered after reading through many forums on bluelight and opiophile is that Methadone is something that all recreational users of opiates should avoid. WHY? Because of the risk of fucking up your cross-tolerance...and requiring you to take more oxycodone to get high.
It seems that even one single exposure, or extended smaller exposures to Methadone can fuck up your tolerance for a long time...and the buzz that Methadone provides (at equianalgesic doses to oxycodone) is totally not worth that increase in tolerance (from what I have read/heard).

My tolerance to Oxycodone is currently about half of yours (I take about 10-15 mg to get a good buzz). Oxycodone is my drug of choice, and I think it is silly to dabble with opiates that require increased doages to get you high when you have one that is very orally effective like Oxy, there just isnt any other oral opiate out there that is as efficient (especially when considering cross-tolerance).

I would avoid using potent opioids like Oxymorphone/Hydromorphone/Fentanyl/Methadone/Buprenorphine because they seem to bring your tolerance up a lot faster than the less potent opiates. Just my two cents from what I have read and experienced.

Then again, I am very curious myself as to what the high of Methadone is like (been considering trying a very low dosage, maybe 2.5 mg). It just so happens I have 90 mg of methadone syrup in my fridge right now...it's been sitting there for a couple months and I don't know what to do with it (actually kind of got worried someone would think it was cherry juice, so I put a big sticker on it that says POISON and put it in a medicinal bottle).

Great post ^^

I started using methadone 10mg tablets when my body would not tolerate bupe and when I want to dry out from my opana rx daily use.

As far as recreational use to get high, can't answer that one, but only advise you to be cautious. Because methadone doesn't have the nax combo like suboxone does, certain drugs will interact. (i made the mistake of mixing a 30mg oxycodone tablet with 20mg of dones, and it made me sick).

I guess you need to ask yourself 1) am i using it for withdrawal purposes .. 2) am i using it to get high? Because once your body gets used to the dones, it's withdrawal city, unless you plan to stay on it.

Methadone helps me function and stay normal without drug withdrawal symptoms on low doses.

1) I am scared that my supplier will run out or stop selling them, and then I will be stuck with such a tolerance that 30mg of Oxycodone will never work like it does again. Is this tolerance fear true?

Yes definitely. Despite not (generally) being strong in euphoria, methadone IS a potent opioid and will definitely build up a strong tolerance towards other opiates/opiods especially weaker ones like Oxycodone. Part of the reason Methadone is such an effective maintenance drug is because it gives the user a strong tolerance, making it difficult / expensive to get high from drugs such as heroin.

2) The Oxy withdrawals were a bloody breeze for me. By day 3 they are basically over. How bad will the methadone withdrawals be in comparison if I keep to a similar low dose?
Methadone WDs are about a million times worse. Seriously, they're not even comparable to the WDs you're referring too, if you build enough of a dependence to 'done to suffer WDs, you can expect a pretty rough ride, the milder end of the spectrum is a couple weeks of acute WD - with sweats, fever, aching, RLS, anxiety - all the rest. The more serious end can be 30+ days of severe, acute WDs - with literally month(s) of vomiting, fever, diarrhoea, RLS, sever muscle aches and even seizures (which can be fatal - similar to alcohol or benzo WD).

3) What dose should I take and what dose should I STAY at so withdrawals are not bad and I do not raise my tolerance? What ROA should I use outside of IV (only care about rush, not duration)? How is the high compared to oxy? Is there a rush at all?

The oral bio availability for methadone is pretty high and that is definitely the most common ROA and should suffice for you I'm sure.

4) Anything else I should know before taking my first dose?

Just be aware that it has a long half life and is quite a potent opioid, isn't generally particularly euphoric and takes quite a while to kick in. So just be careful not to dose too high, which can easily be done considering all those factors. However, assuming you've taken it orally, one of the benefits of the slow onset is that if you feel yourself getting beyond the threshold of what feels ok, you can call yourself an ambulance BEFORE you lose consciousness..

My personal experience:

I've never taken it without a reasonable tolerance, I've never been on prescribed maintenance (only suboxone), although that IS all I use it for (illicitly). Personally - I've never really gotten "high" from it, but it's never made me feel bad either. Not certain of my dose, but I keep it really low, I would say generally at a max 30mg, but more often around 15mg only - so never enough to feel it - but it fucking does wonders for you when you're dope-sick - have it in the morning and it holds you the whole day.

But the main reason I take it at all (as opposed to other things I have access too when dope-sick, including bupe) is because it NEVER makes me feel nauseous. I get nausea really really really bad from opiates/heroin. Like, I know it can make a lot of people sick, but it has literally put me in hospital a few times (vomiting continually for days until I start getting internal bleeding / ruptures along my GI tract).

But methadone has never ever made me feel quezy at all, it is literally the ONLY opiate/opioid that has never made me feel sick.

...using methadone 10mg tablets when my body would not tolerate bupe ...

Yes! I started having issues with bupe too. Whilst methadone is unquestionably a FAR more dangerous drug, in many way - it does seem a lot 'easier' on the system.. Bupe can seem to cause headaches/migraines, nausea and a few other unpleasant side-affects, I've never had these when using methadone.

Stay away from methadone at all costs is my advice.... maybe keep the 2x10mg you got to keep W/D at bay if need be, otherwise, no oppiate warmth, euphoria, cushyness etc. with m'done

Hmmm, after reading these posts I think I am backtracking, as I was pretty happy with my Oxy, I just needed a few days off.

Can someone please confirm the first poster's comment? Can ONE dose really ruin your tolerance for a long time?

I have two ideas now, I do not think that I m going to use them instead of Oxy...but how about if I combined something like 2mg Methadone along with my 30mg Oxy? Would that give it a boost or just ruin tolerance still?

My other idea is to just use it once a week, on a weekend and throughout the week continue with oxy...would that ONE use ruin my tolerance? Really, please someone with methadone experience/use...

Or I think I am just going to throw them away.....fuckn damn

Because methadone doesn't have the nax combo like suboxone does, certain drugs will interact. (i made the mistake of mixing a 30mg oxycodone tablet with 20mg of dones, and it made me sick).

The naxolone isn't why other opiates don't work on bupe.

Dont throw them away-just store them somewhere and keep them for a dark day when youll have no other opiates in your disposal and youll be feeling dope sick.

Id only use them for that,if i feel sick and cant or dont want to use anything else.Wouldnt mix them on purpose with other opiates,i think itll only mess up the high.

LazyJoe, I think the title thread is misleading. Sorry. I really need advice on this topic though. If I had not read up on methadone an asked for advice, I would have taken the entire 10mg, raised my tolerance and find myself taking only methadone to get high due to a massive tolerance, and then face WDs I have never seen before, possibly leading me down to MMT territory or heroin.

This is harm reduction and advice I really need.

I still need help though. Does one dose really alter tolerance significantly? Why can't I just treat it as any opiate using the morphine conversion chart? Like if I come across different types of opiates, I simply use the morphine chart and dose accordingly to my 30mg Oxy tolerance and I have never had an issue....is this any different?

As of right now, my plan is to use 25mg of Oxy and add 1.25mg of Methadone on top (taken 20 minutes prior to oxy). How does that sound? Would the extra 1mg of methadone really make withdrawals that much more worse than if I had not added Methadone and just stuck to 30mg of oxy?