• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Viable method for smoking/vaping H?

whack-a-mole

Greenlighter
I do not want to try chasing on foil because it wastes a lot, it is not particularly easy to do for beginners, and I believe the foil is toxic.

So, I was wondering if a good way to smoke would be to use a vaporizer like one does for pot. I have the volcano vaporizer, which uses heated air slowly moving over the pot to turn it into vapor, and then the vapor is captured in a bag, like a turkey bag material. The unit comes with a thicker steal mesh screen for liquids. Could you not use that with H? Mix the H with a little bit of water so it is like a paste, then put that on the screen, attach to the heating element. The heated H vapors go into a big bag that you inhale from, so less is wasted.

I wonder what temperature does H vaporize at? Pot vaporizes at 380F, H would be much higher.

Would this method work? And if not, why?

mod edit: we do not allow the use of SWIM, my pet, my friend, etc as it does not offer legal protection and makes posts hard to read. Edited it for you, next time please don't use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know about the vaporizer,but as far as the foil is concened you should "clean" it before you use it for smoking H to remove a substantial amount of toxics.

What ive seen alot of people do(and did it myself for a brief period of time when i was chasing) is to heat the foil BEFORE you put any smack on it and burn the down side until it turns black.Then swipe all the black/burnt colour with a dry hankerchief and youre ready.

While youre doing this process youll see alot of fumes coming out of the foil,and it is believed that most of those are the dangerous fumes you would inhale if you hadnt done this.

Also,dont put all the dope in the middle and then heat it cause you wont be able to inhale all the smoke and youll be wasting product.

Instead,try to place it on one end of the foil,make a little "road" for it and slide it all the way across to the other end of the foil.
IME you have greater control of what youre doing with this method,how much you inhale and it harder to ruin the product if you heat it too much.

Last edited:
probably a lot easier to just use a light bulb

no, it definitely would be

light bulb: 5-10 dollars

Volcano: 400-600 dollars

which one would you rather fuck up with experimentation?

probably a lot easier to just use a light bulb

no, it definitely would be

light bulb: 5-10 dollars

Volcano: 400-600 dollars

which one would you rather fuck up with experimentation?
I doubt he'd rather fuck up his brain with this method. That's definitely just as toxic, if not worse, than using foil. I did that with weed once and I could just taste the cancer and chemicals lmao. EVEN AFTER cleaning it out thoroughly.

Why not just get a cheap crack pipe? Seems 100% easiest to me, cheap, and extremely effective, that's what they're made for!

Why not just get a cheap crack pipe? Seems 100% easiest to me, cheap, and extremely effective, that's what they're made for!

I've tried using a crack pipe, the H does not melt or smoke/vape, it just gets hard in the glass.

I'm not sure why that is but it makes me wonder if an old school opium pipe would work? Why does glass/Pyrex not melt the H but foil does???

heroin hcl vaporizes much higher than thc does... you wont be able to do it in a volcano

applying open flame to foil can get real hot...

I too have been interested to see if an opium pipe would be effective in this situation. Also, I highly doubt a product made for everyday food preparation and cooking would emit toxic fumes when heated...I know people that have been using this method daily for a decade with no ill effects (without "cleaning").

OP,have you even tried chasing on foil,or you just dont like the idea of it?
Dont get me wrong,i really hope you find the method that is the most comfortable and suitable for you,but as far as foil is concerned its by far the most
traditional way to smoke H,and almost has a "ceremonial" feel to it.
Alot of people are just as in love with the process as with the product itself.

OP,have you even tried chasing on foil,or you just dont like the idea of it?
Dont get me wrong,i really hope you find the method that is the most comfortable and suitable for you,but as far as foil is concerned its by far the most
traditional way to smoke H,and almost has a "ceremonial" feel to it.
Alot of people are just as in love with the process as with the product itself.

Here's the thing, what I have available is heroin #4, which I understand to be heroin HCL. As a hydrochloride (salt) it has a much higher melting point than its base form. So, though it can be done by using foil and a lighter trying vaporize heroin hcl is going to wast a lot of product because the spread between the melting point and the point the heroin is destroyed is slight.

There has got to be a better way to smoke heroin #4, and my method is probably not it, what needs to be done is to turn the hcl back to base, but there does not seem to be a lot of info on how to do that.

Does water work in ecigs? I'm not sure why but I always thought it needed to be the "juice" oil ie vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol

It's been a few years since I've done it. I used to mix tar & cocaine hcl into a liquid solution and squirt it in the vaporizer. It was a kind that had a button that would turn on a heating element. I can't remember much more, but I'm positive that I never used any PG or VG. I don't know how efficient it was, but it sure did work.

Interesting. I'm trying to think why that wouldn't work and I cannot come up with anything. Except that the concentration of H in the h2o would need to be very high for it to be an efficient method, meaning you would need to add no more than a very little bit of h2o. From what I've read H4 is very soluble in h2o. The boiling point of H and h2o combined would be higher than h2o alone but it should be lower than H alone. So, I think this could work, by golly!

I feel a glass bubble would work best. Or wonder about possibly using a dab rig.with a torch and nail.

Make into a water solution and use a refillable e-cig vaporizer.
I have always smoked off foil and have gotten pretty good at not wasting any, the key thing with this process is how far you hold the lighter from the foil, I hold it far enough away that the little pile of dope starts to sizzle a little, and only hold the lighter there long enough for me to get a lungful of smoke.

I have always wanted to try using an Ecig though, I assume you would prepare the dope just like you were going to IV it, heat it with a little water/ lemon juice on a spoon and then put it in the Ecig..??

Im going to pick up a refillable Ecig later today and going to give it a try.