• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is buprenorphine worth it for a high?

Junks

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I generally have access to Oxycodone in small amounts. I take around 20 -30 mg, and if I take it at this amount, I can basically take it every day or two.

I now also have access to buprenorphine, and I am wondering if it is worth it.

Is the high better than Oxycodone's? Also, just say I do use it for a long time, and suddenly my supplier can not get them anymore, would me switching back to 20 - 30mg Oxy still be viable? In other words, if I can not get buprenorphine anymore would the Oxy at my dosage level still get me where I want to be like it does now or would my tolerance be forever too high?

Thanks

Yeah, it's not got the best effects profile. It's a maintenance (or detox) opioid - potent as fuck but nothing special.
As the above poster says, euphoria is minimal to non-existent.
Really good for tapering and detox though...so it has its uses.

Nah, the buprenorphine has a higher binding affinity than naloxone.
Some people report headaches with suboxone (but not subutex) but as far as I'm aware the effects aren't too qualitatively different.

from what ive read it seems people who are opiate naive have a better chance of enjoying subs effects

even tho u guys might not like sub

it was the first opiate i had, and i still remember the high, it was heaven on earth for me. it was pure euphoria and bliss and i preferred it as an opiate, even after trying a couple types of heroin after.

from what ive read it seems people who are opiate naive have a better chance of enjoying subs effects

it was the first opiate i had, and i still remember the high, it was heaven on earth for me. it was pure euphoria and bliss and i preferred it as an opiate, even after trying a couple types of heroin after.

Interesting.
Yeah, I admit I consider it 'substandard' by means of comparison.
I found it made me quite dizzy and almost slightly dissociated when I used bupe without much tolerance.
But I was always a poppy fan, so they are quite different.

^ Just out of curiosity, how much did you take your first time?
Less than a milligram. You don't need more, especially if you have no opiate tolerance.

i scraped a tiny tiny line off one of those hexagonal pills, just eyeballed the smalllest amount, and was really really high for ages, but i loved it

Buprenorphine/Suboxone is an excellent recreational drug if you have no opiates in your system. If you got sick, you took to much. Remember, before suboxone, the largest therapeutic dose available for pain was 0.2mg.

I tried about 2mg IV (Suboxone) my first time, and it was very effective. Not only is there cross-tolerance, in doses larger than 1mg it also effectively blocks other opioids for atleast 2 or 3 days.

This here. If you don't have much of a tolerance it's pretty nice and long lasting. But once I was on maintenance the effects seemed to disappear.

any opiate in the beginning will get you high as shit.

Is the high better than Oxycodone's?
no

bupe is what people take to get even. if youre already evened out through little to no tolerance, you get high.

if youre down and sick, you get even. its not a full agonist, so you will never get as high as an equal dose of a full agonist

^ I completely disagree. I realize every person's high is subjective but...

Bupe is way better than oxycodone, but only if you have no opioids in your system.

Bupe has a better rush, fuller high, longer duration,WAY cheaper per dose, easier to acquire (legally)

but only if you have no opioids in your system.

Hi guys, I generally have access to Oxycodone in small amounts. I take around 20 -30 mg, and if I take it at this amount, I can basically take it every day or two.

skeptical-african-kid-end-of-the-world-312x150.jpeg

depends on what kind of oxy were talking about really. like OPs, perc 5s, roxis, whats the deal OP? not all oxy is created equal

I've read the miniscule amount of nalaxone inside suboxone isn't even enough to deter people from injecting it. I come from a history of opiates (hydrocodone,oxycodone,hydromorphone,morphine,codeine, etc) and just recently have started using bupe recreationally (I IV 1/4 of an 8 for effects). I took a break for about 6 days from it (only been using it a couple weeks) and did two perc 10's last night and realized wow oxycodone is really better. I think I was just lost in how long of a duration bupe has, I loved it. There isn't that much euphoria, its almost a get up and go drug instead of a lay down and nod drug. Honestly OP I would stick with the oxycodone, its more euphoric and won't jack your tolerance up so that you'll never feel another opiate. I just wish full agonists were as cheap as bupe where I'm from. =/ Nothing quite like an avinza 60.

Heck yeah it's worth it, in fact bupe is one of my ALL TIME favorite drugs. In many respects I prefer it to heroin. If I had no opiate tolerance and you gave me a choice between bupe and heroin, I'd take the bupe any day.

The downside is that you cannot get high on bupe every day like you can with heroin. If you use it every day, or even every other day at a strong dose, the effects will begin to diminish and you cannot get better effects simply by taking more. So thats why its use as a recreational drug is limited, you cant redose on it like you can with heroin. so for people with high opiate tolerances it doesnt have much ability to get them high.

But despite that downside it has many wonderful and unique qualities including - much more clear minded high than heroin, more joyful (subjective) much longer lasting high, much cheaper and less addictive (although sub wd ain't no joke). Suboxone is a wonderful drug my friend, truly wonderful.

I've been physically addicted to opies for more than 20 years, almost 25 in fact, and done most of them including h in variable amounts over time. Been maintaining with kratom, which is a godsend as far as I'm concerned, for years now. Last time I was using traditional opiates/opioids on a daily basis (before I switched to kratom that is) I needed the equivalent of at least 90 mg oxycodone (2 45 mg doses) to be barely functional on a full day, 120 and more in 2 divided doses to begin feeling high and nice... My tolerance has never been much higher than that, but I had been weening myself off for months nonetheless before I decided to jump to maintenance therapy or a totally opiate-free lifestyle. I tried kratom to avoid bupe and done, which seemed more harmful to me, and implied having to fuck with the medicolegal administration... The amounts of kratom I needed to completely wipe out the wd symptoms were also causing unpleasant symptoms of their own (nausea, twitches, insomnia...), so I had to adjust my system to the maximal dose of kratom my body could cope with without trouble, which was about (much variable from strain to strain) 30-35 gr in two divided doses. It took a few weeks before I stabilized and felt completely normal with kratom only in my diet, but never was I sick to the point of being unable to attend my duties... Slowly, my tolerance went even further down and these days, I do feel a pleasant - tho short-lived - little kick from my 2 daily maintenance doses of kratom (8 to 12 gr per dose). Still, I remain curious about subutex as an alternative since I don't consider total abstinence, - i.e., serious unending depression and/or crap antidepressants - a viable option...

IYO guys, would 1 mg give me euphoria or nausea if now I only need a 30 mg dose of oxy to feel quite groovy? I'd say I could take up to 45 without serious adverse effects, but 30 is enough for me to be satisfactorily opiated. Could I appreciate bupe? Btw, I'm not a fan of methadone, which almost killed me once (I had around 50mg and many valiums for a low tolerance in a 145-lbs, 5'9'' frame at the time...); I know if dosed and combined right, it could be nice, yet bupe attracts me more as a maintenance therapy with which I could fool around a little... So any opinion? Is it worth it? Thanks for the feedback :)

^ Have you tried Buprenorphine by itself? I always thought Naloxone was included in suboxone to counteract deter abuse of buprenorphine...would Subutex produce more euphoria?

There's no difference. Even shooting suboxone up the naxolone is never active.

Longhauler, I'd say start at 1mg-2mg and just work your way up if you don't feel it. It does take a long time to kick in though. It's not the most euphoric but since you have a lower tolerance you might feel straight up jammed.

Longhauler, I'd say start at 1mg-2mg and just work your way up if you don't feel it. It does take a long time to kick in though. It's not the most euphoric but since you have a lower tolerance you might feel straight up jammed.

Well, FOR SURE 1 mg would be my maximum initial dose, and I'll wait at least 3 hours before taking a tad more if needed. Bupe per se doesn't scare me like methadone - but opioid-induced nausea I do dread lol. Sure 1 mg ain't a little too much? Maybe to stay on the safe side I'll start with 0,5 mg...

I'm attracted to bupe for it's long-lasting effects and energizing properties, as reported by many users. I like the stimulant kick of tramadol and even of kratom pretty much, so... I think I could use - and put to good use - the one provided by buprenorphine =D

Thanks for your comments, hope there will be others!

I always thought Naloxone was included in suboxone to counteract deter abuse of buprenorphine

Well, that's the marketing line, but I read an article about the company that makes suboxone which explained that their patent for subutex was going to expire, so to keep having an on-patent product, they just added the naloxone, patented that, and convinced a bunch of doctors (and others) that it was superior, abuse-proof, etc. It hardly makes any real difference pharmacologically, because, as Spacejunk pointed out, buprenorphine has a higher affinity to the mu opioid receptor than naloxone (i.e. it attaches more easily, and is likely to "bump off" any naloxone that's attached to the receptor). But it makes a big difference to that company's profits, which is a real shame because buprenorphine maintenance pharmacotherapy could be so much cheaper if doctors would just prescribe generic buprenorphine, rather than be duped (or perhaps regulated in some places?) into prescribing basically the same thing for a much higher price, that actually has added problems because some people are allergic to naloxone!

Its worth it in the beginning, but after a few months on it u wont feel anything. Firat time i took it i took about 1/3 of a strip and got pretty damn buzzed if i do say so myself. And around then i had a pretty hefty opiate tolerance (bout 30-40mgs oxy to get me high). I agree with the other person whosaid it can make u very sick but ive never heard of a small piece making someone sick, even with a small tolerance. If u want a dosage u should post how much it normally takes to get u high ofother opiates/oids

With a lower tolerance Buprenorphine is definitely worth it. It was one of my favourite opioids to begin with due to the incredibly long duration, with a sublingual dose not just leaving me high for the entire day, but also feeling in a great mood the next one.

Once your tolerance gets high you won't get such a full high from Buprenorphine any more and you'll probably feel like it's just a slight mood lift or that it's weak or missing something. I've seen both sides of the tolerance scale, from 0.5mg being a fine dose and 1mg making me nod my ass off into oblivion and being incredibly strong, to no dose, even injected, producing any sort of high whatsoever.

As for comparing it to Oxycodone, it's actually similar in some ways, both are more stimulating and lucid opioids that are less sedating and laid back. A lot of people really like Oxy but I personally didn't find it that special, and honestly if I had to choose with no tolerance, I'd probably choose Bupe over Oxy. However with a solid tolerance I'd always pick Oxy just because Bupe won't do much for me any more at that point.

To give an idea of just how extreme the difference in tolerance and effects can be, when I had no tolerance, I IVed 0.25mg of Bupe, and found it in some ways better than Heroin or Morphine. Yet after having a heavy opioid habit anywhere from 0.25 to 8mg IVed produced no high whatsoever, just a feeling of not being sick and feeling "normal", occasionally a little sedated but not necessarily in a good way.

My advice is just don't start too high with the Bupe. Because of people with sky high tolerances not getting any effects from it or needing insanely high doses, a lot of people with regular/low tolerances think that means they need those kind of crazy doses, when in actual fact either you have a tolerance where Bupe will work solidly at like 0.5-2mg (or even less if plugging or IVed for example) or you have a tolerance where you're unlikely to get a satisfactory high from Bupe at any dosage really, there isn't much middle-ground. So start with like 0.5mg or so if going with sublingual, or 0.3~ if snorting/plugging, and 0.2 if IVing. Work up if necessary, but allow for time to fully come up, which takes 20-30 minutes IV, 60-90 minutes plugged/snorted, and like 120-150 minutes sublingual.