• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Myoclonic/ hypnic Jerks on Heroin WD

mike.vick

Bluelighter
I did heroin for 8 days in a row, opiate niave.
2nd day off of it now. Oh My GoD! does anyone else get myoclonic (restless leg) jerks and twitches whenever there trying to sleep or take a nap on the withdrawl. This restless limb shit on the withdrawl is terrible, never doing heroin again. I had NO idea that this was a symptom of any drug withdrawl.

Trying to go to sleep last night, everytime i closed my eyes my body would tighten and seize/jerk like some kind of restless tetanus it was fucking strangebad.
Parkinsonian shivers. RLS

Last edited:
If you cant handle some minor RLS from 8 days of heroin use I would quit now. Honestly no one should start using but you are in a stage of minor withdrawal and those leg symptoms will destroy you if you continue to use. It is definitely one of the worst symptoms as it prevents you from getting any comfort from trying to lay down and sleeping is impossible.

^^truth.

Cogent helps but that's prescription in the U.S. Try diphenhydramine (Benadryl) to help with the RLS.

Benadryl 4x25mg made it worse last night. and I googled "cogent" and couldnt find anything

Benadryl is known for making RLS worse in some individuals. Really the only thing that takes it away for me is Xanax or clonidine. Sometimes I just have to get up, walk around and get the blood flowing. The worst was one time in wd the RLS was so bad I couldn't sit/lay still but had no energy so just shuffled around for 10 min like a mental patient. Then could relax for maybe 20 min. Then cycle repeat. Not a fun way to spend a few days

I have involuntary arm twitches now

I am hoping they will go away

Me too, Captain Heroin! I didn't know the cause but it was freaking me out. I suspected my antidepressant so halved my dose. It did help substantially but I still get them.