Recruiting Why do you use Bluelight? Discussion thread for initial research...

surrogatekey

Greenlighter
Hi, my name is Rachelle Annechino. I’m a researcher with the Center for Critical Public Health and with PIRE’s Prevention Research Center in Oakland. I would like to invite you to take part in research we are conducting to understand more about the Bluelight community. As part of our study, we are starting this thread to hold an online discussion about reasons for participating on Bluelight. Participation in this thread is totally voluntary.

Although there aren’t any direct benefits to you for participating in this thread, your participation can help researchers to better understand substance use and online community.

If you decide to participate in this thread, we request that your comments follow these guidelines:

• Please don’t participate if you are 17 or younger.
  • Please don’t reveal any personally identifying information, such as your real name.
  • Please keep in mind that the Bluelight User Agreement prohibits content that “harasses, degrades or intimidates an individual or group of individuals.”

Contact information:

Please free free to email me directly at [email protected]. On Twitter and Skype you can reach me @surrogatekey.

You can also contact the study director, Tamar Antin, at 510-883-5749, 1-800-486-0727, or [email protected].

If you have any questions about your rights or treatment as a research participant in this study, please contact the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation’s Human Subjects Representative, Elysia Oudemans at 1-866-PIRE-ORG ext. 2757.

I like to research different states of mind in the safest most responsible way as possible, therefore I communicate with people who share the same interests in alternative mindstate research.

I also like to know about related law issues, health, availability, etc.

A forum can be the best source of first hand anecdotal information, communication is important.

I like to research different states of mind in the safest most responsible way as possible, therefore I communicate with people who share the same interests in alternative mindstate research.

I also like to know about related law issues, health, availability, etc.

A forum can be the best source of first hand anecdotal information, communication is important.

Makes sense, thanks for your reply. If you feel like saying, are there other kinds of resources for investigating this kind of stuff that you especially like or don't like?

Mostly googled, but I have recently joined another forum in which I can find other info that is limited by Bluelights TOS.
There I can learn better how to not get ripped off and what vendors are the most trustworthy, if I trust you, I become a loyal customer.
Bluelight is about safe responsible and enjoyable research.

nowadays mostly to share my knowledge/experience with others, to participate in stimulating discussions about psychopharmacology, to stay up to date with recent trends and developments concerning drug use and drug policies around the world and to read interesting or funny stories from others. it's a very nice community and contains lots of helpful information for users of illegal drugs as well as people who are more into the scientific rather than the practical side of drug use.

I am researching information to help my son in his manufacturing case with the federal government

Curiousity, companionship and advice. And the chance to help people who need advice. I've only been here a short while, and have realised Bluelight the most fascinating, interesting, entertaining and inspiring site and community I have ever seen. Also one of the beat run, responsible and decently motivated. I cannot praise it highly enough. I have learned an awful lot, and it has, in a way, made me start to really THINK and plan, for the first time in years..... truly stimulating and inspirational, both mentally and spiritually... so much more than just drugs!

Can I have my £5 now?:)

Hi, Rachelle. I'm probably an anomaly here. I'm a healthcare provider who has found that there's a decided lack of a solid, accurate knowledge-base that keeps up with current recreational drug-use trends and therefore, a disconnect between patients and providers when it comes to treatment for toxicity. I'm here to learn so I can be a better provider.

Often, there's a frustrating level of head-shaking and eye-rolling borne of this naivete on behalf of other providers. They stand in judgement of the patient, throw their hands up and say things like "Bath salts! At least he's not trying to eat people's faces off, right?" We often have no idea what the chemical names are for these substances, what the expected mechanism of action or pharmacodynamics should be and often, as a result, can not discern expected toxicity effects between one substance or another--often referring only to the colloquial name du jour with no way to tell whether a patient has taken a toxic level of the stated substance, experienced an unexpected potentiation effect of combined substances or unwittingly taken an adulterated substance.

Without a better understanding of these things, we're reduced to misinformative (or deliberately disinformative) colloquial information sources while we wait for medical journals, poison control and standard of care protocols to "catch up."

This is unacceptable to me. We can and must do better for our patients. The tenets of Evidence-based medicine is a three-pronged approach which includes both practitioner and patient experience (as well as peer-reviewed, scientific medical study) and to me, sometimes that means educating ourselves by listening to the very people who use these substances recreationally, without judgement and without bias and following that up with traditional pharmacological reference.

I feel BL is an excellent place to converse and make friends with nifty people that I have a lot in common with. I've used BL hundreds of times as a guest when I needed information, and has always been reliable. I have always been interested in topics, subjects and research involving toxicology; range from poisonous animals to deadly chemicals. Bluelight has been a great place to start expanding on my current knowledge. I would say the study of drugs, toxins and anything generally relating to poison is like a hobby.

I personally don't feel like it is a bad hobby to have, but others seem to think it strange or even creepy. Bluelight seems like they get me, but I could be wrong. Oh, and psychedelics are also a big research favorite of mine, and I don't mind being my own guinea pig ;D

Just the thought of something in relation to toxicology, poisons and psychedelic substances tug at my curiosity until I have every bit of information. Bluelight has been such a major resource and tool for my hobby. The idea of sharing my studies, experiences and knowledge with others that are genuinely interested in what I could write about feels amazing! And there is so much I don't know, so many peoples brains to pick.

As a bonus, no one has yet to be bothered by the fact that I tend to overwrite. Oh, and no complaints about my tendency to ramble as well.

I'm here at least in part to get a broader knowledge base in the wide world of recreational substances; I personally don't indulge fairly often, but my college has a fairly active drug culture and occasionally people get into profoundly stupid scrapes with substances. I'm trying to be a reasonably useful source of harm reduction information for my friends and housemates, and once you've been around for a little bit it's clear that Bluelight has all sorts of information that you'd have a hard time getting elsewhere on short notice.

I use bluelight mainly for information searching, information giving as I collected quite a bit of knowledge myself over the years; also experience related knowledge as I've tried more then 30 substances, LSD over 100 times, ketamine well I think I've done many kilograms of the stuff and I've been severely addicted to it (had a daily habit of several grams for quite a long time, down to one to three days in a row every three weeks in which I use between one and three grams or so, very happy with that I finally got it under control and my bladder healed 100%, one of my friends is not so lucky and suffer chronic pain and issues with his bladder; his addiction to ketamine was similar to mine but lasted many, many more years) ave also been addicted to GHB/GBL for a few months, and to heroin (smoking, I never injected anything, a few of my friends inject ketamine IM which I wouldn't even consider doing either) and I'm currently on methadone maintenance to try and stop smoking heroin and that's another reason I'm here: support; receiving and giving; so information and general support as while all my friends use drugs not many of them do opiates my friends are into party drugs and psychedelics, most of them are into dissociatives. So for me I'm here for the information sharing and support and I've been on this forum for many years and I think its one of the best online for those purposes with some of the most knowledgeable and intelligent people in existence on it. If you have any specific questions about this forum I'll gladly answer any of them. Can always PM me.

Hello, Im currently using blue light for searching and giving info to others. Im done my junkie days now and going on methadone maintenance treatment in northern Europe. I have used or atleast tried almost every narcotic in world.. not saying that its cool but what can u do when u r an addict. Now days I dont use anymore just taking my medicine methadone and have been going in NA groups (narcotic anonymous) I love to give info and warn about drugs and assosiated problems that I have seen, felt and done to myself and maybe others. Maybe can give advice or two maybe I learn something new :) Im not saying that anybody should use drugs or giving any tips for firstimers cause I HATE DRUGS and drugs do ruin lives, only if someone already uses thats when my role comes up! cheers and sorry my bad enghlish

I am here to learn and to offer support and to be a part of a community that provides both of those to many, many people. I love the mission of Bluelight (to meet people wherever they are with respect and compassion).

Last edited by a moderator:
In a nutshell, I agree with basically everything this site stands for, I love doing research on mind-altering substances, and I barely know anyone in person that likes to be responsible and knowledgeable about drug use, so it's refreshing to be somewhere (If only virtually) where I can talk about things my actual friends give zero shits about. I mean, yesterday I was the only person in our group of four trying to convince someone NOT to take a fourth tab of a completely unknown RC that was supposed to be LSD but clearly wasn't BEFORE IT EVEN HIT THEM AT ALL. Oh, and they're on an SSRI.

it all depends on the state and federal time he is looking at and what they have for evidence meth is meth it doesn't matter if he mad good or bad meth

I joined to learn more about ecstasy and harm reduction. I asked for drug-related advice and then any kind of advice. People are very friendly and nice here. I feel very welcomed. Also, there's so much people to relate to and so much stories to read.

To inform myself about any drugs I was considering trying back in the day, now just to keep up to date with the information but I'm here as much for the community aspect and entertaining posts. Doubt I'll be trying many more new drugs now