Recruiting Why do you use Bluelight? Discussion thread for initial research...

Funny but, I know this website way too long, the fact that I just decided to join it, is because I've got some questions, didn't really wanted to post it anonymously, because of how strong my living matter has changed since then, so I'm guessing there might appear more similar questions to post to. So, I chose the Bluelight. :)

... aaand here's our question for discussion: Why do you use Bluelight? :)

I use it to do research and to just pass time. There's a lot to learn from people's experiences, and this site has definitely helped me make better, less harmful decisions. I haven't had a chance to participate on the forums yet but I find the open discussion allows the flow of some really great ideas and information.

In a nutshell, I agree with basically everything this site stands for, I love doing research on mind-altering substances, and I barely know anyone in person that likes to be responsible and knowledgeable about drug use, so it's refreshing to be somewhere (If only virtually) where I can talk about things my actual friends give zero shits about. I mean, yesterday I was the only person in our group of four trying to convince someone NOT to take a fourth tab of a completely unknown RC that was supposed to be LSD but clearly wasn't BEFORE IT EVEN HIT THEM AT ALL. Oh, and they're on an SSRI.

I feel your struggle. It seems like those truly interested in researching chemicals and psychoactive drugs safely are few and far between. I get strange looks when I do allergy tests in front of my friends. No one around me seems to care much about finding out about different effects offered by different compounds rather than just getting really high. It's frustrating.

For my own information and to help people who ask, (friends and such) become more informed about quitting options, harm minimisation and possible risks of whatever they're doing or this king about doing.
It's a great site for honest impartial info and personal experiences, plus some nice dry humour.

I use it for information about recreational drug interactions with medications; sober living forum is helpful as well.

A few reasons

In some sort of twisted way, it keeps me off of drugs to read about those whom are on them
I want to help people with mental illness (of which addiction is a type of)
I'm professionally informed
The community is generally very progressive
There's a lot of critical thought
There's always that one bizarre drug experience that challenges my conception of various drugs
There's a lot of advanced knowledge on neuroscience to talk about
We help people who are so sick that they can't leave their house, and I'm happy to be here from them

To get answers regarding any drug safety questions.
To learn more about drugs.
To give advice, we've all been there.
To find people with similar stories and experiences -- bond with others.
Escape reality, escape the world where people are extremely judgmental and will treat you like crap if they knew about your drug use and you'll probably lose everything you worked so hard for -- school, job, family, friends, etc.
For entertainment, "you know you're a junkie when.... " the HAHAHA threads. :) Makes me laugh.
TO be inspired, "sober living" our revolution!
For stimulating conversation. :)

Generally to help the adoption thread which appears to have no mod atm.

Also I'm online almost everyday to checkout the acute & chronic pain megathread.

Mod needed there? My hands up!

Rtp

Bluelight is there when no one else is.
^^^ This!
And to learn about this stuff I use (responsibly tho) to manage my anxiety and pain.
Also, the support forum for grief, bereivement, and sober living is invaluable to me as well.

If I ever do go back to using (I pray I don't) BL provides a knowledgable and safe place to do research on what I may be using, and how to use it in the safest way possible without accidently killing or hurting myself. Hope ythis helps. TY RT

A few reasons

In some sort of twisted way, it keeps me off of drugs to read about those whom are on them
I want to help people with mental illness (of which addiction is a type of)
I'm professionally informed
The community is generally very progressive
There's a lot of critical thought
There's always that one bizarre drug experience that challenges my conception of various drugs
There's a lot of advanced knowledge on neuroscience to talk about
We help people who are so sick that they can't leave their house, and I'm happy to be here from them

This except I'm not professionally informed.

since I was 17 years old and had my first epileptic seizure under a lamp with two friends smoking a joint - I was quickly under research with medicines and lifestyle to treat my epilepsy, keep seizures away, there's no cure ;) - my world turned 180 degrees on different anelgetika and epilepsy medicines over 9 years. I was smoking cannabis and cigarettes everyday, and was very interested in the pharmacology, neuroscience and the history of psycho-active drugs. It was hard to find people with the same interest as mine to talk with, mostly people in the young ages will rather "just do it" then instead to try think and talk about what I, we do with medicine and psycho-active drugs.
Thank you bluelight - I can read and write with people who understands and shares my language.

when I first found bluelight I was using and used BL as a place to get harm reduction advice and to research different drugs and their effects. Then when I started to get clean and stop using I turned to BL for support from other recovering addicts while I was detoxing and started making some really good connections with people. and now i use it daily to be in touch with certain people and see how they are doing and whatnot.. Its totally helped me with staying clean so I definitely use it for recovery purposes and to just bullshit around at random times of the night when I can't sleep. I can say whatever I want on here and I really like that %)

<3
EXjg

Bluelight is a great community & Erowid! Then there Zendo (MAPS), Tripsit, Dancesafe, DMT Nexus, more, all working for HR to research & more, personal testing (reagents), changing laws about testing at festivals, know how on kits, along with these forums, help make intrepid exploration as safe as it can be now(. Reached out, met awesome personalities, read great trip reports & ideas, bad ideas, research & learned to look at more than I would have!

Last edited:
Well I'e been lurking on here for many years but not been capable of contributing to the forum as it is for harm reducing and I'm a self-destructive person (getting much better but had many poly-drug addictions and even my drug working wanted me to just write leaflets about them cause they didn't know anything except a small amount on alcohol/Gabaergenics and opiate dependency, but self-destruction is just self-distraction, hiding from the world because you don't want to exists anymore, Loss of inhibition for breaking down social barriers and ofc using hallucinogenics (possible too much when I shouldn't) but the trips help me keep motivation and I've mixed too many trips and dissocioatives for few years now and My conclusion is the're some of the greatest tools you may use (In my mind any lysergics and Typtamines, I do enjoy a low doses of 2c-b to enhance other things (mostly MD) Why don' they just let people who already use RCs to be researched if they choose to be subjects. And obviously The best things I look for in any drug use is for a spiritual experience through introspection and trying to deal with how people live 9-5 most days just to go out on he weekend. PS I has had HPPD (not a recognizable things in the UK or anyway government with by WHO behind, it's nothing compare to stim psychosis.

Also I want to add PsychonautWiki as a great collection things you may all find interesting

Well I'e been lurking on here for many years but not been capable of contributing to the forum as it is for harm reducing and I'm a self-destructive person (getting much better but had many poly-drug addictions and even my drug working wanted me to just write leaflets about them cause they didn't know anything except a small amount on alcohol/Gabaergenics and opiate dependency, but self-destruction is just self-distraction, hiding from the world because you don't want to exists anymore, Loss of inhibition for breaking down social barriers and ofc using hallucinogenics (possible too much when I shouldn't) but the trips help me keep motivation and I've mixed too many trips and dissocioatives for few years now and My conclusion is the're some of the greatest tools you may use (In my mind any lysergics and Typtamines, I do enjoy a low doses of 2c-b to enhance other things (mostly MD) Why don' they just let people who already use RCs to be researched if they choose to be subjects. And obviously The best things I look for in any drug use is for a spiritual experience through introspection and trying to deal with how people live 9-5 most days just to go out on he weekend. PS I has had HPPD (not a recognizable things in the UK or anyway government with by WHO behind, it's nothing compare to stim psychosis.

Also I want to add PsychonautWiki as a great collection things you may all find interesting

PsychonautWiki is a great site.... Another fast growing resource! It's chill to rap about this stuff, on Bluelight, if all agree. or not. Comes to sacred plants, these long used plant psychedelics & other compounds can help open up one's consciousnesses in a way that breaks to hold of modern culture(s) issues & can teach so many much we need to heal by use of it's perspective. Journeys for me have spiritual intent & a personal unfolding growth experience. Holds so much healing from such a mechanistic life model, many of us we are raised in.

Our culture & it's media create a powerful set of blinders of science without soul. This site helps give community. Look at MAPS, John Hopkins studies since 2014 stage 2-3 successful work on PTSD & Life End Therapy (of Rick Doblin). New cannabis research lab DEA approved! This all is part of what Bluelight is for me, talking about this stuff. Both terrifying roller coaster, to ecstatic joys, the beauty you can feel from surrendering & having to let go of control. It's also felt in anxiety of everyday consciousness & struggles we face.

People from normal ideology, have an experience & a radically similar range of mystical experiences r had, by so many. The 'psychedelic' is something that need take nothing to know, (do!) once you take *it*, it takes you & it stays with you for a life time. A break-thru experience whether you explore that landscape further, changed you. Connecting with others, their experience & helping with people w/HR make this why I chirp in. %)

Last edited:
To answer questions I have about drugs. I honestly got interested in learning more about why people are drawn to hard drugs after a friend died of an overdose. It's helped me to understand a little bit more of what he went through and how to help future people in my life that might someday be going through something similar.

Also to learn about drug taking safely of some of the drugs I do choose to take, such as booze, alprozam, pot, etc.