• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

(ADHD) Best time to take Mg/Zn (NMDA antags) with amps?

goldhelmet

Greenlighter
I'm taking dex-amp IR for adhd (almost always the wilshire generic). I see that NMDA antagonists can help reduce tolerance for amps. The only ones I really want to take are Magnesium and Zinc (both chelated - probably glycinate) which are just regular supplements.

Doing a google search...

I've seen some posts (in various forums including this one) which say these potentiate the effect of the amps and should be taken around the same time.

I've seen other posts (mostly in a certain add forum) which say they diminish the effect of the amps, and should only be taken at the end of the day after the meds are done.

So, which one is it?

(Obviously, it would be nicer if they could taken around the time of the meds, because then I could take these supplements in smaller doses throughout the day, rather than a bigger chunk at night)

If anything, my experience with Mg2+ supplements is that it should be taken on the tail end of an amphetamine binge, as it reduced amphetamine's effects for me.

For the last couple of weeks, I've been taking Mg2+ and Zn2+ supplements, but today I decided to stop because Zn2+ makes my skin dry and flaky, and Mg2+ gives me diarrhea.

Thanks, I probably should have mentioned that I'm just taking it 3x per day by prescription. I guess to simplify the question....

...Should I take the Magnesium concurrently with the amps or afterward?