• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(2-Methoxy-Diphenidine / 220mg) - IV - very experienced - It's a hole alright!

crOOk

Bluelighter
EDIT: I just completely edited the shit out of this post since I was ranting when I first posted it which lacked lacked preciseness and was full of ambiguities . If you have read it and are interested in the content, I urge you to read it again.

So, I've had "MXP" (horrible acronym) only once before, but have taken diphenidine about ten times at high dosage levels, both exclusively via oral ROA due to lack of information about intravenous administration.

If you ask me the latter substance should be called dipheTidine since it's IUPAC name is DIPHenyl-EThylpiperIDINE, analog to what the term amphetamine is derived from, eventhough it's not IUPAC in that case (Alpha-Methyl-PHenyl-ETylAMINE. In fact, I dare call them by their only reasonable name in this thread from now on since there is no danger of confusing them with any other substances.

Anyway, I've been curious about IV'ing either of the 2-methoxylated and or the non-methoxylated diphetidine, since I have plenty of experience with IV dissociatives. I'd call them my DOC along with opiates. The last time I had taken them was in late August or early September (ketamine), so I abstained from them for close to 3 months before this experience -> No tolerance except for the chronic behavioural tolerance that follows every dissociative use. Material seemed clean, it came in colorless translucent crystals and I have always had very good experiences with the source! I had stored it for about half a year in a warm and humid place with high temperature fluctuations, but it looked no different whatsoever from when I first got it.

Now, I had read of one person which had luck with creating a solution with a "miniscule amount of citric acid", 0.2-0.5 mL propylene glycol and water (he said "the rest is water" without specifying the total volume). I needed about 3ml in total of which 1 mL was PG and five drops were lemon juice (around 0.25 mL or 2.5 insulin syringe units) to dissolve the entire 220mg.
It might've worked with 0.2-0.5mL less PG and citric, but I can't tell. It first dissolved in 1.5ml when I applied heat which I figured would be sufficient, but fell right out of solution when it cooled down, so I added more of all 3 liquids at the same ratio until all the 2-methoxy-diphetidine was in solution. I also filtered this solution with a fresh .22um WHATMAN syringe filter.

So, I heard it takes a few minutes to take effect, but that turned out to be total far from the truth. It might be the case at very low doses, but for me the dissociative rush had been very strong before I even pulled the needle out of my arm (so roughly 10 seconds which it takes for the blood to go through the heart to the lungs and back to the heart to finally reach the brain.

I layed back and what happened next is hard to remember, let alone report in detail.

My 5 year old daughter had just been picked up by her mom and before I prepared the shot and I didn't have anything important to do the next day, so there was opportunity for the trip. Late onset, dragged out plateau and insanely long residual effects have been reported, mostly from oral administration I think. It's also worse noting that I am in a particular state right after the day I've spent with my daughter which is often reflected in dissociative experiences that happen within the first couple of hours after her leaving.

This means, that for the entire duration of the hole it felt like I was with my daughter. It's a very weird feeling someone's presence like that despite being all alone. When I lay go to bed and wake she always lies in another bed in my room, so I 'feel' her presence right in that corner of the room. This can also happen when I've smoked pot, but to a lesser extent. During some k-hole experiences she is also physically present and we'd travel together.

I can't really say much about the remaining content of the experience, but it was a lot more dreamy and confusing than ketamine. I guess you could say more delirious, too. I can't recall any specifics, but it was definitely a full-on hole experience which means I was completely incapacitated from seconds after the onset and throughout the entire plateau.

When I came back after a good 2 hours I experienced a rather unpleasant side effect: It felt like my body was turning around it's own longitudinal axis, as if I was laying flat and rolling into one direction, only without actually moving. This didn't really stop until an hour later and might have even been present during the entire experience, but I can not say for sure due to the clouded memory. I guess it's vertigo by definition, but a very specific form of it, since it was completely unidirectional. Yes, it felt like I was actually rotating in the same direction the entire time! I found that quite annoying, but not unsettling. In k-holes I move mostly translatively, here rotations were the focus.

Music was also very pleasant, psychdelical and simply mind blowing, as it is has usually been the case on ketamine.
Anyway, I had the capacity to move again after about 150 minutes. At the 3 hour mark I was fully functional and in fact had already tried redosing with at least 300mg right when I could move again, but must've failed miserably since I was still so dissociated. I guess it didn't even go into solution and was filtered out by my .22um filter which is a good thing!!
I had promised myself to destroy the remaining substance right after preparing the syringe because there has always been an irresistable and inexplicable urge to redose on both diphetidine and 2-meo-diphetidine. This is an extremely striking and curious phenomenom. In case you have never experienced it, I'll say that you should NOT underestimat this urge, no matter how disciplined you usually are! In fact I've put notes up (e.g. on the scale) numerous times after hiding the substance had consistently failed. The trouble is that I was far from being sober at the time of redosing which means I was just ready to get up again, but still had severely impaired vision and moderately decreased motor skills. I was actually trying to take the an estimated 300-500 mg and prepared it the same way I had before. Only I apparently didn't, since the second shot didn't seem to do anything at all. I have no idea how I managed to administer it without coming out bloody and bruised.
If you ask me, you should NEVER have immediate access to more than the dose you initially adminster of either of the two substances.

I was also horny as fuck, just I always am at the tail end of diphetidine plateaus and for the duration of the immediate after effects. It carried on to next morning and is a lot like what happens when I'm really fucking drunk! Unfortunately I couldn't get an erection for another 4h during which I did nothing but try to achieve one. I still came eventually and it never seemed too difficult on diphetidine either, unlike on opioids.

Between T+4h and T+5h I was fully functional aside from some residual dissociation.

Oh and I also injected some amphetamine sulfate right after that. I am unsure how much it was, but I suppose around 50mg. Smart idea, considering I planned to go to bed 6 hours later or so.

I took 1.5 mg olanzapine which is less than the smallest available dosage of German pharmaceutial olanzapine. That was at around T+5h when I started smoking about 0.4g potent hydro Jack Flash (cannabis buds), but I was still very surprised about being able to sleep by the 9 hour mark with no trouble whatsoever! I don't think this is only due to the meds, but also because the 2-methoxy-diphetidine had worn off (I was feeling the effects rapidly subside before either of the two drugs was taking effect). There is a small chance though, that the atypical neuroleptic simply siginificantly countered the 2-meo-diphetidine action.

I just thought it would be a good idea to give you guys an idea of the timeframe when IV'ing this substance over detailed qualitative reports of my personal journey. I also think it is more than noteworthy that you can indeed hole on it, since I have a very strict definition as what defines a 'hole' - being completely incapacitated and unresponsive to external visual stimuli while feeling proprioceptive and visual pseudohallucinations. I say this because a lot of people who have no experience with rapidy administered high doses of dissociatives have been using the term very loosely on bluelight as of late.

I have never been able to hole on orally administered diphetidine (or the single time I used the 2-methoxylated version). Instead I would just climb up gradually without holing until I black out at and north of a certain dosage.

Before I finish, I'd like to say that it's bit disheartening for me to not get any replies despite giving my best to report hardly documented territory for the public, so if you do find the post valuable, then please let me know by replying with a couple of words. I have gotten only occasional sparse feedback for even the most comprehensive of my latest posts which all took relatively long to write and contained information not yet to be found on bluelight or in this case not yet to be found anywhere on the net.

<3

@mods (EDIT):
Sorry about all those edits! ;)

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_methoxphenidine
substancecode_phenidines
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_veryexperienced
exptype_positive
roacode_iv

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds hella intense. I wouldn't dream of of it but each to their own. Be safe, and thanks for putting this info out there. Plz be careful though, who knows what that second 300+mg shot would have done to you. Just saying, maybe plan for that in the future if you wish to continue these dangerous endeavors.

Yeah I should've known better. I had actually planned to throw the rest away, but ended up hiding it in the very last moment, hoping I wouldn't find it. :D Well I did find it, just like all the times before that. I don't usually tend to redose excessively, never have, but on both diphenidine and the methoxy I can hardly recognize myself. Ketamine and MXE aren't a fraction as reinforcing. PCP definitely is to some degree. I was dosing all day everyday when I had some very very clean excess PCP for a 3-4months in 2006. :D I used to smoke it.

What I liked most about the IV route though and I forgot to emphasize that, is the fact that the effects reclined much more rapidly than with oral use. Well, and the rush. Obviously.

Oh and thanks for the reply, it's a little frustrating not to get any replies. I must be doing something wrong lol.

I'd like to say that it's bit disheartening for me to not get any replies despite giving my best to report hardly documented territory for the public

You'll...uhhhh...need to get used to this, as it happens with most any trip report. Also, give it some time. But yeah, I found your report valuable and well written.

ebola

Thanks man. I have sort of gotten used to it and I wouldn't be posting it if I didn't know that the information isn't valuable to anyone, but still... I've made some rather comprehensive posts lately which seemed to go by unooticed. Anyway, off to write a short summary of yesterday's adventure... IV 2C-E is som heavy shit.

Not interested in either of the compounds myself, but I found the report enlightening and engaging. Thanks for doing Bluelight and the online world a service by putting so much time into the report! Even if you don't get much of a response, it will be appreciated by many people.

Thank you. <3

I tried repeating this today with 2mg 2-CE and the same amount of 2-methoxy-diphetidine as before (220mg). After injecting the huge volume of liquid, I was waiting to be knocked out, but nothing really happened. I simply felt super focussed. It was very meditative for about 30 minutes, but never were the effects overpowering. I kept most of my cognitive and motor functions throughout the entire experience and was back to a + at around 1h. The state actually allowed me to think very clearly which is untypical for when I am dissociated.

While it was most definitely one of the most pleasant states I have been able to enter lately, it was immensely underwhelming in terms of intensity. I really wonder what happened there.

Due to my research with 3-meO-PCP I find this discussion most relevant and interesting. Many thanks for a thought-provoking thread.

Just finished a book "Power Up Your Brain: The Neuroscience of Enlightenment" which (in addition to much detail or NT receptor types and functions) explains old and new brain functioning, new brain defined as the frontal lobe. Written by a well known neuroscientist and nutritionist.

Any BLer would find this book helpful in their own research and understanding of brain optimization.

My situation is somewhat unique, having experienced regular deep meditation for over 40 years, as well as cannabis, I would suppose my brain wiring would reflect a more efficient structure than the average person, as my powers of focus and concentration seem much greater than people I know professionally.

It is interesting to note in addition to the above, that I am left handed ambidexterous.

That book sounds amazing, thank you. I went through a pretty massive post dissociative ramble in another thread, focussing in all kinds of frontal lobe dysfunctions and how they relate to my experiences. Not everything is to be taken entirely serious, but maybe you would still enjoy other parts. It is well structured at least.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/743205-(MXP-300mg)-IV-Very-experienced-Goodbye-cruel-world-(

Sadly I've never had the energy to get into meditation, I can't remember when the last time I had my mind rest for a minute.

Best info so far

I have always wanted to do ketamine or some kind of dissociative, but have never had the chance to acquire the such(other than a small smoked amount of PCP , not sure if it was even that but it was not dissociative at all). I am familiar with many psychs though, mainly lsd, AL-LAD, 4-aco-dmt(iv performed), dpt. And there is a bunch of others, but found them insignificant to note. I have though acquired said substance, and reading through pages on bluelight have come to the conclusion that it takes a long time to be active orally (very disappointing to hear), nor ever reaching the hole. Now, never doing a dissociative, what do you think a good starter iv dose would be to reach the hole for a newbie. Keep note, that I go to extremes with substances 1st trials. Ist time I did lsd was 3 hits, probably around 230 ug. AL-LAD 400 ug. Amazing visuals...dosing up to it does not work for anyone interested, for the substance lasts only a short period(must go for all at once). I was thinking 100 mg iv would be a good starter amount for me(have 260 mgs worth...what do you think Crook? Is the hole reachable at that point or must I up the dosage. Of course allergy test will be performed prior to administration. Thank you for this post as I have been searching for it for days.

I personally would not recommend diving into a hole head-on with this substance. I personally found ketamine very enjoyable during my first experience for which I dosed 250mg and don't consider anything below hole doses worthwhile when aiming for a recreational experience. While fear has never struck me on other dissociatives, 2-MeO-Diphetidine has been producing it very reliably. Terror might be a better word. It makes me terrified of never returning to reality from the complete and utter insanity, of being possessed by demons and is the first drug that has ever given me the impression that I was actually dying, which quite obviously made for a terrifying experience as well.

Lower doses however can be very relaxing and recreational, just don't expect anything to crazy below a certain threshold. Unlike other dissociatives, it doesn't end past this point, but instead has a relatively even dose response curve for me. Other dissociatives just wipe my memory whenever I only slightly step over the dose necessary for a hole. This makes 2-MeO-Diphetidine a perfect tool to reach the most extreme states - Complete and utter insanity in it's purest form, at least in my experience. You should be sure that you want something like that, if worse comes to worst. I've found myself in pure ecstasy on it, essentially having turned into a god as far as I was concerned.

Doses of 400mg (oral) and 250mg (IV) seemed to bring additional intensity to the experience compared to e.g. 220mg IV used in above report. My tolerance to ketamine which was the first dissociative I had ever tried has never really increased significantly throughout the past 10 years and had no acute dissociative tolerance either at the time, but most will consider the mentioned 2-MeO-Diphetidine doses total overkill and potentially dangerous. Regarding the onset, I have made very different experiences when taking it orally. 30-60min for the onset, another 30-60min to peak. I have even heard people say an IV dose took minutes to come on, but it was instant for me. Just be aware that it could go either way for you. If I recall correctly, the main effects have subsided after 3h (IV) and 5h (oral) every time I used this drug.

Be aware that the serotonergic psychedelics you named are in a completely different league in terms of potential for addiction. My drug use has only become problematic after discovering dissociatives. They seemed to be just another form of psychedelic, but in reality have filled the gap between such psychedelics and major drugs of abuse like opiates and alcohol. It is not uncommon that people abuse dissociatives on a dauily basis, while others never develope a liking at all. For me using dissociatives has always seemed to be a catalyst for my ever-increasing desire to escape.

Ketamine causes a rush not matched by many drugs and has much larger potential for abuse than 2-MeO-Diphetidine, but most will consider a 'full' dose a lot less scary and more euphoric. I would strongly discourage you from using dissociatives intravenously. 2-MeO-Diphetidine in particular is just tedious to administer via this route and the benefits over oral use are neglible in terms of overall intensity. This is very different for ketamine where route of administration ha a huge qualitative influence on the experience.

If you decide to go for this, you sure have a ground shattering experience ahead of you!

Interesting trip report, thanks for posting it.

So you have a rather high tolerance than? And was the dose high even relative to your tolerance? I was wondering why you took so much - I took what I'm fairly certain was either diphenidine or methoxydiphenidine multiple times (it was purchased as MXE, but the effects differed quite obviously, and they were the only other drugs on the market which matched those effects), and even with a moderate tolerance (IV ketamine 70 - 100mg, about 3x what my original k-hole dose was) 40mg (roughly, it was a while ago so I don't remember the precise dose) of it had me completely delirious and amnesiac, and 60mg had my friend, with a considerably higher tolerance than me, rolling on the floor drooling and unable to talk. The thought of injecting 220mg of that substance is terrifying.

Just out of curiosity, as a kind of measuring stick, how much ketamine do you need for a k-hole?

Also wondering about why you needed PG and lemon juice - is the 2-methoxy version not water soluble?

One last question - does it have the same stimulant aftereffect that MXE/diphenidine/MXP have? I always hated it when the comfortable dissociation wore off and I was stuck feeling like I was full of dirty speed.

I dropped the lemon juice later. Someone wrote it helped solubility in PG, but after some thought that did not make all too much sense, even if I had the freebase. It is not water soluble, the material I had. maybe it is freebase after all, some people have made it seem very easy to inject without mentioning of their methods.

For a k hole dose of ketamine I need 100mg intravenously injected s isomer and about 150mg racemic ketamine and this has remained constant ever since I started using ketamine. 250mg racemic ketamine administered intranasally has always been my dose of choice for a k hole experience, ever since day 1.

Ketamine is very much a threshold drug, similar to MDMA in that respect. Anything above this threshold will only induce amnesia. I can't say how others experience these drugs, but I've gained the impression that the use of the expression "hole" is very inflated and that I simply enjoy a much greater level of insanity than most. Many people consider a hole to be a state that does not entirely cut them off from their sensory input. My MXE dose is around 150mg IV and this is without tolerance. 20mg can already have profound effects, but they simple aren't the type of effects I desire when dosing dissociatives.

The higher I dose, the less pronounced the stimulating after effects of MXE, Diphetidine and 2-MeO-Diphetidine become and the more the sedating and incapacitating effects take over. One time when the effects of an intravenously administered 2-MeO-Diphetidine/2C-E combination became too exhausting during the plateau, I simply turned around in bed fell asleep. While I do strongly dislike acute dissociative after effects (the acute somatic after effects, not the acute and subacute psychological ones), I just spend the comedown watching movies which has always worked fine.

For me the most discomforting after-effect of this drug is paroxysmal (not constant but in short bursts) paresthesia of the lips and extremities. This can last up to two weeks. Double vision, by far the most annoying after-effect of MXE > Ketamine > PCP is almost non-existant on Diphetidine and 2-MeO-Diphetidine. The tail-end of the plateau has always passed by the 3h and 5h marks for IV and oral use respectively. The sub-acute dizziness and motor skill impairment of the next day are neglible in my opinion, but not pleasant. They will vanish a lot if I move around a lot or do some light exercising. Intense physical activity can bring on nausea, but nothing that ever made me vomit. This is the same for me for all dissociatives, varying only in duration (MXE>(2-MeO-)Diphetidine> Ketamine), however PCP is an exception and does not cause this side effect at all.

I would take my depiction of the after effects with a grain of salt, since most people report after effects that are predominantly stimulating. I experience a somewhat stimulated state throughout the next day, clsoer in quality to mania and with a focus on m metaphysical and religious themes on the psychological side, often bordering on delusions. I have a bipolar I diagnosis though mind you.

I hope this helps! Just remember we are all different and in my experience I am quite far off-center in my reaction to most drugs. Still, I am quite certain the amount I dose is mostly based on the preference for extreme mental states that I have developed throughout the years and to smaller degree due to a chronically acquired behavioural tolerance towards dissociatives (a tolerance that is not dose-related, but characterized by an increasing/changing ability to cope with and handle and the effects).

For a k hole dose of ketamine I need 100mg intravenously injected s isomer and about 150mg racemic ketamine and this has remained constant ever since I started using ketamine. 250mg racemic ketamine administered intranasally has always been my dose of choice for a k hole experience, ever since day 1.

That seems really weird, unless the 2-methoxydiphenidine (2-MXP?) has a significantly lower potency than MXE/MXP/Diphenidine. A friend of mine was a frequent MXE user for a year or two before trying K, and he had a hefty tolerance, needing 2 - 3x the dose of the rest of us. I guess what I'm asking is how strong is 220mg relative to what most people would consider a normal dose?

Ketamine is very much a threshold drug, similar to MDMA in that respect. Anything above this threshold will only induce amnesia. I can't say how others experience these drugs, but I've gained the impression that the use of the expression "hole" is very inflated and that I simply enjoy a much greater level of insanity than most. Many people consider a hole to be a state that does not entirely cut them off from their sensory input. My MXE dose is around 150mg IV and this is without tolerance. 20mg can already have profound effects, but they simple aren't the type of effects I desire when dosing dissociatives.

I agree about the overuse of the term 'hole.' I would consider a 'k-hole' a state of complete detachment from reality and the body, either a drifting dreamlike state or complete ego dissolution. Which is the reason I've never understood the concept of an "M-Hole," this state simply isn't achievable on MXE due to the stimulating nature. Sure you can take enough that absolutely nothing makes sense, but you can still move (with effort), see, etc. You're conscious, if in an extremely warped manner.

The higher I dose, the less pronounced the stimulating after effects of MXE, Diphetidine and 2-MeO-Diphetidine become and the more the sedating and incapacitating effects take over. One time when the effects of an intravenously administered 2-MeO-Diphetidine/2C-E combination became too exhausting during the plateau, I simply turned around in bed fell asleep. While I do strongly dislike acute dissociative after effects (the acute somatic after effects, not the acute and subacute psychological ones), I just spend the comedown watching movies which has always worked fine.

For me the most discomforting after-effect of this drug is paroxysmal (not constant but in short bursts) paresthesia of the lips and extremities. This can last up to two weeks. Double vision, by far the most annoying after-effect of MXE > Ketamine > PCP is almost non-existant on Diphetidine and 2-MeO-Diphetidine. The tail-end of the plateau has always passed by the 3h and 5h marks for IV and oral use respectively. The sub-acute dizziness and motor skill impairment of the next day are neglible in my opinion, but not pleasant. They will vanish a lot if I move around a lot or do some light exercising. Intense physical activity can bring on nausea, but nothing that ever made me vomit. This is the same for me for all dissociatives, varying only in duration (MXE>(2-MeO-)Diphetidine> Ketamine), however PCP is an exception and does not cause this side effect at all.

Yeah I guess, as you said, everyone is different. This is why I prefer K for high dose dissociatives - the short duration provides fairly precise control over the experience and even shorter side effects (I'm usually back to 90% or so of baseline within 30 - 45m of a k-hole). It also has a calming, sedating effect that makes even the darker holes a relaxing experience. Whereas MXE, especially in higher doses, seems to have a somewhat nihilistic vibe to it (for me, could just be a set/setting issue since I've had the occasional euphoric experience with it as well, usually on lower doses), for lack of a better term. On the flip side, moderate doses of MXE, 25 - 40mg, are great for relaxing and watching movies, that immersive effect it has allows you to sink right into the experience. Lower dose K, by contrast, makes it impossible to ignore the fact that I'm watching a bunch of actors on a set.

Last edited:
I don't really like the term "hole" for dissociatives anyway because it's pretty ambiguous, but I have reached the "M-hole" once before. I went to a state where I experienced oneness as powerful as any psychedelic experience I've ever had, complete detachment from physical life. I actually find K more nihilistic than MXE... it's always calm but I basically stop relating to life at all and I often forget the experience. With MXE I always remember it all and it's suffused with warmth and connection. I also don't find it particularly stimulating, it does prevent me from sleeping but it also makes me feel extremely relaxed and on high doses moving is the last thing I want to do.

By "hole", I usually think of either loss of sensory contact or complete loss of one's usual body (the latter usually cooccurs with the former; I'm not counting "third-person" viewing). I think some of the sloppiness in the terminology derives from people touching on the mystical while inebriated without falling into a 'hole'.

xorkoth said:
I went to a state where I experienced oneness as powerful as any psychedelic experience I've ever had

For me, it was a bit like falling into a unified fabric that constitutes the conditions of possibility for all existence (this was on k, nasal, >100 mg (I'm a lightweight)).

ebola

Like I mentioned before, my preferred MXE dose is between 100 and 150mg IV and this most definitely leads to a place barely distinguishable from a k hole. I agree to most of the things said about MXE, but the stimulation only manifests as insomnia for me, without making me feel stimulated as I would feel on straight stimulants.

Ebola, that's a very nice description of k holes.

That's how MXE is for me too, it doesn't stimulate me at all in a classic stimulant sense. If I don't take a lot it makes me feel not tired for sure, and like doing physical activity is easier, but I am also completely comfortable not moving for any length of time and my body feels relaxed. It definitely keeps me from falling asleep for a while though... sort of feels like sleep and MXE don't mix. I'm relaxed and even drowsy after a strong experience's peak ends, but my mind is moving too much to sleep.

I'm going to give this a go via IV tonight, if I can work out how to dissolve it. I'm thinking 150mg. Will report back tomorrow.

You know, sometimes I wish I just didn't do things like that. What an awful night. I don't even know how to put it into words.

I think it's going to be an unhappy day.