• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Chasing the Dragon

ChildrenOfTheGrave

Bluelighter
I have been taking opiates on a weekly on so basis for about 3 months now. I believe I have a natural tolerance to opiates on top of taking them for a while now. I am taking morphine sulfate right now, and its not doing what it use to anymore. Now I have to take upwards of 450mg just to get a good buzz. I know that is a shit load to take, and I am becoming increasingly worried about that. I have taken breaks before and it did little for my tolerance. I use to be able to just take it orally and get an amazing high, but now I have to take it orally and snort it on top of taking dxm to make the high better. I am worried about overdosing, and am wondering if there are better ways to take the pills. I know plugging is the best option but it seems like a ton of work. I was wondering if smoking them would work? I have a hard time crushing the pills, I swear they make them hard to crush on purpose. Because I have to work so hard just to crush them. I am also wondering what are the chances of me overdosing at 450mg. I am 5'9 and weigh 240 pounds. Should I be worried about overdosing and what is the best way to the most out of the pills?

Thanks.

You should ALWAYS be worried about overdosing... especially if trying large doses using a new ROA.

You should ALWAYS be worried about overdosing... especially if trying large doses using a new ROA.

Oh okay. I had to build up the ridiculous tolerance I have now. So I was just wondering If I slowly build it up, if I am still as likely to overdose with higher doses. I try to slowly build it up 30mg at a time. But is there a certain point where it become likely that I will overdose?

Nobody can tell you what dose you'll overdose. You can't smoke them. I'd shoot em, but... Definetly vote for plugging ya it's work but you'll get high. They do make them hard to crush on purpose btw.

Nobody can tell you what dose you'll overdose. You can't smoke them. I'd shoot em, but... Definetly vote for plugging ya it's work but you'll get high. They do make them hard to crush on purpose btw.

Oh okay, I was just wondering once the doses get over, say 300mg, if a person becomes more likely to overdose. I have heard people say both you can and can't shoot them. I am confused about this. What process do you have to go through to shoot them and how do you buy needles in the U.S? That makes sense now, I had to use a hammer to crush them lol.

@f33lgood yeah let's please keep IV use out of this thread, though I know for those of us whose ROA is IV it's hard not to suggest it.

OP, 3 months is a short period of time and you are by no means an experienced user. Tolerance is common when using opioids regularly and tbh, 450mg isn't an insane amount for a regular user. You should still be using caution and common sense when increasing dosage and switching ROAs.

The oral BA of morphine is very low compared to other ROAs. Plugging is generally accepted here in OD as the most effective method aside from IV, which is not advised due to the high risk of complications and addiction. It sounds like you have morphine ER, tricomb has a great guide on preparing those for plugging.

Attempting to smoke these would be a waste of time. And I'm not sure why this thread is titled chasing the dragon...

Oh okay, I was just wondering once the doses get over, say 300mg, if a person becomes more likely to overdose. I have heard people say both you can and can't shoot them. I am confused about this. What process do you have to go through to shoot them and how do you buy needles in the U.S? That makes sense now, I had to use a hammer to crush them lol.

This is a hard reduction forum, I'm not going to tell someone who has used morphine orally for 3 months to IV. And no one else should either. I suggest you read the Should I Try Heroin thread stickied at the top of the forum as well as Personal Accounts of Addiction before even contemplating going that route. If you're still determined, try other ROAs first and if you still want to the information is here. Just search for it.

Last edited:
@OP
I learned a lesson when I was 17. I wanted to see how fast I could slam my brakes while driving on the ice and NOT crash. Anyway, it's less than 37 MPH cause that's the speed at which I crashed.

Lesson : You can only find your limit by going over it. I hope you never find out how much it takes for you to over dose.