• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Will Klonopin ease my pregabalin/gabapentin withdrawals?

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Title says it all folks....Next time i see my pdoc I'm telling them to take me off of Lyrica. It's not worth going thru this every month....I have plenty of klonopin, just need to know if it will ease the withdrawals.

I would suspect that it will. However it will be no magic bullet. I've been kinda out of the scene lately but if I remember my knowledge, and that is an IF so get a second opinion, but I believe they both work on gabba (sp) receptors. And from vast personal experience lyrica helps with klonopin withdrawal, doesn't necessarily mean it will work vice versa but probably...

How much klonpin and lyrica are you on a day if you don't mind me asking.

Gabapentin might help but it doesn't work on gaba. The best main mechanism known is inhibition of substance P release.

Gabapentin is a GABA analog: it mimics many of the functions of GABA and as HCM said substance P release but other than that many of the mechanisms of action are unknown. I would say the klonopin will probably help especially with the sleep, but it's probably still going to suck.

Yes, the Gabapentin will DEFINATELY HELP, and I find them more recreational than benzo's...benzo's are good for my nerves but really wouldn't all them recreational but Gabapentin is wierd, helps my nerves but makes me feel like I'm on an upper, then I could be tired the next minute, makes me talk and talk, but it doesn't make you anxious, it calms ya down. People react differently to it though, some say it doesn't do anything, then the other people who love it. Would start off with a 1200 mg of Gaba, space the doses out in 45 minute intervals because it raisises the bioavailabilty, and it last all day, which is wierd because it has a short half life...but in short, yes it will help. Can't comment on Lyrica, never have had it, on my list though.

Well I know the gabapentin will help benzo withdrawals but not the other way around. About three months ago I got screwed over by a Walgreens that wouldn't fill my clonazepam so i was stuck downing lot's and lot's of 75mg Lyrica...What I'm trying to say is that today I have been on benzo's for so long that gaba analogues no longer ease the withdrawals and like I am today stuck with taking name brand klonopin to ease gabapentin/pregabalin withdrawal......I don't even know how much i had only know that I had more than the recommended dose.

I was on daily gabapentin at 1600 mg for 4 months and switched directly to .5mg clonazepam, twice daily with great relief. I say relief because I was having wd between my doses of the gabapentin before switching - which obviously shows I was physically dependent.

In short yes. Well it did for me at least, plus... a lot (fixed my panic disorder, social phobia, and GAD)

I think for the most part it will get me thru but you have to remember I have been on kpins for some time so it's not like a rush of relief more keeping me from going over the edge.

Ugh, know what ya mean sonicwhite...I do need benzo's for GAD, BUT don't have a doctor, I have a Sub doctor but I never brought it up with her and she hasn't with me. I would go to a doctor, but I don't know if that would fuck up my sub doctor...so I have thought about ordering some online, but soon as I got etizolam it dissapeeard a week later,was like UGH. But ya, after you have been taking benzo's for a while you don't get that total relaxation feeling that you did at first no matter what dose you take, really does just keep your anxiety at bay and keep ya from jumping outta your skin from your nerves. Was in the mood for a nod tonight so in total I've had 7mg of Klonopin with 16mg of sub(doubled my dose, but thats my prescribed dose) and took 2100mg of Gaba...for some reason that mix always does the trick, but I've totally gone off topic, sorry.

I had been on clonazepam for years before switching to gabapentin (which was he'll basically cold turkey benzoy kick minus the seizures) in the first place. When I switched back to clonaz of course my tolerance was down, but I think its all about dosage levels and conversion. If you were taking ridiculous ass amounts of pregaballin then no an insufficient dose of benzos is not going to erase your wd.

Ive never found benzos enjoyable or recreational. They just keep me from having panic attacks and its still working after all this time. I had switched to gabapentin in the first place because society had me convinced that my benzo "dependency" was such a horrible thing, but I was stuck on that shitty Pentin just the same and it wasn't even working for my anxiety. My doc said "why the hell did we take you off clonazepam again?" I said "shit I don't even remember anymore... lets stop trying to prove some point and go back to what works". Never looked back. Just glad my methadone doc knows I'm responsible and trusts me.

Anyway sorry to go on...

You probably already know but L-theanine could be helpful. Maybe that and a two week phenibut cycle/quick taper in addition to your clonazepam could be helpful. I know not much is known of the mechanism of gabapentin, but it feels very "gaba-b-ish"(hence the p henibut). Im not saying its a direct agonist, but there's something going on there and I remember reading about it on PubMed. (Though I don't have the source off hand)

If you think gabapentin and pregabalin withdrawals are bad, benzo withdrawals are 10x worse and can kill you.
Why don't you ask your doctor to taper you off your current medication?

If you think gabapentin and pregabalin withdrawals are bad, benzo withdrawals are 10x worse and can kill you.
Why don't you ask your doctor to taper you off your current medication?

If I can't be trusted with a lot, how can I be trusted with very little?.....All I'm saying is that either one I'm going to have to go IP to get off this stuff in a somewhat safe manner or just yanked the covers beneath me because I'm tired of going thru this every month.

gabapentin/pregabalin high does feel like speed without the anxiety....I would never touch ICE again due to my psychotic anxiety filled disorders but this comes pretty close to the feeling and why I think it's becoming a bigger rooted addiction that needs to be tackled if I want to be anything in life.....I learned a long time ago if I focus on one desire to better myself and stay away from addictions I can go places in life.....Not saying that everyone who does drugs are loosers....I just do better without them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SOAEs09geI

Yes, the Gabapentin will DEFINATELY HELP, and I find them more recreational than benzo's...benzo's are good for my nerves but really wouldn't all them recreational but Gabapentin is wierd, helps my nerves but makes me feel like I'm on an upper, then I could be tired the next minute, makes me talk and talk, but it doesn't make you anxious, it calms ya down. People react differently to it though, some say it doesn't do anything, then the other people who love it. Would start off with a 1200 mg of Gaba, space the doses out in 45 minute intervals because it raisises the bioavailabilty, and it last all day, which is wierd because it has a short half life...but in short, yes it will help. Can't comment on Lyrica, never have had it, on my list though.

Just want to throw out there that the highest advisable dose on gabapentin at one time is 900mg though it can be used up to four times a day for prolonged periods.