• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Evangelical Christians

Dont drink the kool-aid and one should be fine.
Chew the meat, spit out the bones.
If someone starts substituting soy in you're meat, find a new butcher.
Prime example of why parents are in one respect responsible for the sins of their children,
Having said that,
At some point you're kid has to take the wheel.

Holy shit, that documentary was terrifying. Those kids they were featuring were amazing though. Really intense watch.

Aannnd in related news.. The Republicans just passed a bill that bars scientists from giving advice to The Environmental Protection Agency..

World is fucked.

Aannnd in related news.. The Republicans just passed a bill that bars scientists from giving advice to The Environmental Protection Agency..

World is fucked.

I read about that... craziest thing I've ever heard.

I've always been aware of things like the oligarchy, the sneaky dealings between the rich and powerful and their role in politics etc etc..

But it's now only starting to really get to me. I can't stop thinking about it. There is literally no hope for this world.

A friend told me the other day something I didn't know.. A corporation can do almost literally anything without being shut down as long as it doesn't damage it's shareholders..

In other news - You heard about TTIP? Among other things.. It will grant corporations power to sue countries if their policies cause a loss of profits..

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

Seriously.. I've never felt so depressed about the world.

This doc is pretty old now but well known.

FWIW the Jesus Camp was shut down after the documentary.

I'm surprised they let anyone film it, personally.

They probably figured it would get the righteous message out to the world and gain them more followers.

I liked how the makers of the documentary didn't insert any of their own commentary... they just let it speak for itself.

I loved the radio guy.. Definitely needed snippets of him to stop me breaking my computer

World is fucked.

How the fuck is this even possible? Who are they to turn to for technical questions? Its gotta be vetoed.

Oh thank God it only was passed in the house and stands little chance of actually becoming law. Still scary shit.

Last edited:
I loved the radio guy.. Definitely needed snippets of him to stop me breaking my computer

Ditto... but the fact that the whole argument even exists in this day and age is just mind boggling. How people can be so willfully ignorant and righteous is beyond me.

The way they structure their church.. things is a known method of inducing a trance like suggestible state.. from the way the speaker talks to the music set up.. going from an upbeat song to a calm song.. talking in a rhythmic soothing way to the explode into an emotional shout at the right point with the right words.. etc etc.. It's how those "touches of God" things work when people fall to the floor at a touch and in church exorcisms (i don't know if you've seen this todumentary? http://www.vice.com/en_uk/video/teenage-exorcists-full-length)

This Derren Brown episode explains it all http://vimeo.com/84642660

Well worth a watch even if you dislike derren brown.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/jesus-camp/

This is a need to see documentary. Seriously.

From the indoctrination, intimidation, manipulation and downright brain washing of young children to the implications this massive following is having on American politics.

It's scary shit.

This is a form of child abuse. If you google around even a little you can find tons of reports that show how children and adults are mentally hurt by what you have shown as well as the long term damage of belief in hell that is a complete church fabrication and lie.

The churches know of these reports yet continue to lie to their innocent sheep. So much for religious integrity.

Regards
DL

This doc is pretty old now but well known.

FWIW the Jesus Camp was shut down after the documentary.

I'm surprised they let anyone film it, personally.

It is called intellectual dissonance. They cannot see what they are doing as they have their faith blinders and ear plugs on.

That is the evil of faith.

Regards
DL

^
Faith used for evil, maybe.
Why do you purposefully stay ignorant.
You're never going to live up to your name like this.

Gnostics were from a very early sect of Christianity, right?

What was their story? ...

EDIT:
Nevermind, saw your other thread.