• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

(L-THP) L-Tetrahydropalmatine (Corydalis) for Adderall withdrawal.

JPaz79

Greenlighter
Hello all!

Ok so I recently stumbled across this, seemingly wonderful, substance (L-THP) and have a few quick questions since it reportedly helps withdrawal from various drugs. In my case, I will be attempting to use it for amphetamine/Adderall withdrawal. I have acquired 3 grams of 40x extract.

I have been taking/abusing Adderall IR's for about 6+ months on a daily basis at 80-120 mg a day and just can't take it anymore. I tried to quit last time and just never felt like it was going to end, even after a week and a half. I can't function due to the horrible fatigue and crippling depression so this is basically my last resort by trying L-THP.

There are studies being conducted right now for the use of it with cocaine and I'm willing to be a guinea pig for my little experiment.

If anybody has any information or experiences they can share I really would love the input. However, I have a few questions:

1. At what point do I take this? When I run out? or should it be taken alongside with Adderall for the first day or two? I don't completely understand the pharmacologic effect it has on the receptors. I just don't want to overload my receptors.

2. From the studies that are being done, the subjects are being given 30mg BID so thats 60mg of 80x extract a day. So logically, I would start off at 60mg BID? (2x a day) However, this particular study was being used for cocaine so disregard this questions if its pointless lol cocaine affects other receptors AFAIK

3. The studies I've read say stabilization can occur within 3-4 days (however, this is with cocaine), but my main concern is that I can not function without Adderall, not because I have ADD, rather because I feel like this withdrawal is just a step below kicking H (which i have been 6 months clean from). I'm out of options and just want this to work.

If anyone can provide me with any information I will be forever grateful. I just don't know how to begin with this.

Thank you in advance to anybody who replies. I also intend on keeping a log of how this is working so maybe I can help other people based on my experience successful or not. So fingers crossed! I believe I can quit once and for all. I just need a little help doing it and hope this will give me the push I need to succeed.

There are unfortunately no effective pharmacological treatments for amphetamine addiction (or psychostimulant addiction in general) at the moment, although this may change within the next few years due to advances in genetic engineering and addiction pharmacogenomics (rather technical: viral vector gene transfer in the nucleus accumbens using ΔJunD and the adeno-associated virus essentially cures any form of drug/behavioral addiction in lab animals).

The most effective evidence-based treatment for amphetamine addiction at the moment is cognitive behavioral therapy for controlling the associated compulsive urges; the aim of this approach is typically to return to a normal (the prescribed) usage pattern as opposed to stopping drug use altogether. Aerobic exercise also has pronounced effects on alleviating compulsive psychostimulant use, so I'd strongly recommend you start walking, running, biking, or the like on a regular basis.

You can read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall#Addiction for more info. The relationship between aerobic exercise and compulsive amphetamine/psychostimulant use is also summarized in this table, 2nd and 5th columns under "Type of reinforcer".

Isn't withdrawal from psychostimulants due to dopamine deficiency? THP is a D2 antagonist. Doesn't sound a great idea.

Isn't withdrawal from psychostimulants due to dopamine deficiency? THP is a D2 antagonist. Doesn't sound a great idea.

Exactly my thoughts, you'd make things worse. It's like taking seroquel for withdrawals, you take it for the comedown instead.

I’m currently using it for the same thing. Essentially the thought is this; due to overcompensation of dopamine receptors due to the consistent influx of dopamine caused by psychostimulants, when dopamine is allowed to fire normally, the amount of receptors present far outweighs the dopamine being released. I believe this results in not only intense craving for more dopamine release, but also lethargy and irrational thought. L-THP can help by essentially lowering dopamine receptor density.
That’s not the whole story of course, but there is great promise in L-THP helping to ease craving and it is currently being using in China for this very purpose.
I recommend also checking out n-acetyl-cysteine. Research mentions irregularity in glutamine being linked with drug craving and NAC is able to restore functioning in this system.
The research is all there, and if you seek you will find.

There are unfortunately no effective pharmacological treatments for amphetamine addiction (or psychostimulant addiction in general) at the moment, although this may change within the next few years due to advances in genetic engineering and addiction pharmacogenomics (rather technical: viral vector gene transfer in the nucleus accumbens using ΔJunD and the adeno-associated virus essentially cures any form of drug/behavioral addiction in lab animals).
Memantine is an option, it can reverse tolerance to stimulants and opioids, thus treating amphetamine addiction.

I’m currently using it for the same thing. Essentially the thought is this; due to overcompensation of dopamine receptors due to the consistent influx of dopamine caused by psychostimulants, when dopamine is allowed to fire normally, the amount of receptors present far outweighs the dopamine being released. I believe this results in not only intense craving for more dopamine release, but also lethargy and irrational thought. L-THP can help by essentially lowering dopamine receptor density.
That’s not the whole story of course, but there is great promise in L-THP helping to ease craving and it is currently being using in China for this very purpose.
I recommend also checking out n-acetyl-cysteine. Research mentions irregularity in glutamine being linked with drug craving and NAC is able to restore functioning in this system.
The research is all there, and if you seek you will find.
What dosage would youn suggest of LTHP

120mg/day of Adderall is quite a hefty dose. If you are suffering severe side-effects then your doctor will be able to help. I do know someone who had a big meth problem and being a chemist, he ensured his doctor prescribed him bupropion (a cathinone derivative) and he was on 300mg a day. All I can tell you is that it helped him - but 1 person isn't statistically valid.

i think heavy abuse might be a little more alarming because it is a releaser and not just a reuptake inhibitor.

I notice that atomoxetine (Strattera) is replacing stimulants in some roles.

Modern medicine is often at it's worst when used to treat mental conditions. Often things like person centred counselling is a much better alternative but it's also much more costly.