• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cant get high anymore

sleeplessknight

Greenlighter
After 10 years, stopped getting high on crack. This occurred over a 6 month period. Does anyone know why this happened? Now it just makes the heart race and jumpy. Is it reversible?

Yep, it's called tolerance. It's a bitch.
You need to stop using crack cocaine for a while... after a 10 year habit, I'd shoot for a year to give your body a break but at least 6 months. But if you start using daily again, tolerance will come back.

Eta: taking a break for a shorter period of time will work, yes. But not for long. And I really think after 10 years you could use a break.

Last edited:
I smoked crack on and off for 12 years and that only happened to me when I was toking every 5 or 10 minutes. Your body runs out of dopamine to flood your brain coupled with the fact your already so stoned you dont feel any new rush that might be occuring.

If you are stone cold sober and are unable to get high off crack, then I strongly suggest you get a second opinion on the strength of your dope. If an objective person says its legit, then see a doctor and have a CAT scan done to see if there are any medical issues.

It's just something your gonna have to deal with your lucky u could get high for 10 years. Try switching your ROA

Do you a quick google search on drug tolerance and addiction, you'll find aaaall the answers there!