• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long to wait to take Suboxone after IV Morphine (ER 100 pills)

Screaming_Skull

Bluelighter
Yes I know these questions are asked a lot, but this is the first time I have had Morphine agian since being on Suboxone. Was given 3 of the ABG 100 pills which were suppose to last me 3 days(why do I always set up a plan for pills to last?!) Well anyway, I shot two last night, and one at 1pm today. The only reason I'm asking is because they are ER pills and didn't know if there would still be some lingering around even though they were injected(did two washes on each pill,if that helps any). Now I'm familar with Oxy with being on Subs, I'm fine after 12-16 hours after last dose of oxy and then take the Suboxone. So question is do I have to wait longer with the Morphine? I was planning to take my Sub at 7 or 8 in the morning, which would be 17 hours after my last shot at 1 pm today, or should I wait longer. Sorry, I just really don't have that much experince with ER Morphine Pills banged since being on Suboxone. Thank you.

If you IVed, ER shouldn't be an issue. Assuming you're physically dependent.

Honestly, I don't go by the opioid. I go by the withdrawal. The amount of time varies by person to person, I've taken buprenorphine 12 hours after while in moderate withdrawal with no issue. If you don't have experience inducing yourself on bupe, you've going to wait longer to avoid the risk of PWD.

The safest route would be to wait till you're experiencing full withdrawal. Most people know exactly which stage that is, but if you're unsure you can dose the bupe at 24 hours. If you've been okay after 12-16 hours, waiting 17 should be fine.

Aside from the general advice above, your situation may be a little different if you're currently on bupe maintenance. How long have you been on Suboxone and when was your last dose before doing the morphine? In my experience, once you're already on bupe it's really easy to go back on if you just went off for a day or two.

I've been on Bupe for about 14 months, my last day I had any was about a little less that a week maybe...not sure, I had gotten about 16 Roxi's or something like that then the Morphine, went ahead and did the Morphine a few hours earlier than I wanted to today since I have to be at work early in the morning. But with Roxi's I'm fine 12-16 hours afterwards, just didn't know if it would be the same with Morphine...I may have eatin a tiny amount out of the spoon last night but I'm guesing that should be gone and not enough to matter.. After this vacation I think I can honestly say I'm done switching back and forth, it's getting old and I'm getting nowhere, or just swtich over to methadone that way I can't really cheat like I do with Sub sometimes, but I disgress, Im just gonna go back on Subs tomorow take them like I'm suppose to because right now I'm just thinking in the back of my head I could go get a few more Roxi's or a morphine or something..just wanna get back on it and do it right, bout to be a new year...or maybe I should just party it up until new years,lol(not really).

The longer you wait, the harder it will be to go back on bupe. I think you may have to wait a little longer, which is why I'd go by the withdrawal not the time.

I would use on top of a low dose of bupe (under 4mg) or only go off of it a day so I didn't have to redo the induction, I'd just take my dose the next morning as usual. But switching back and forth and using on top of the bupe just made the bupe not work as well. Which in the long run, didn't help me.

Well I was fine took it at 7 this morning, & ya know about the longer ya wait stuff, but every time I go off the subs on a little vacation, when I take them again I actually get a good buzz for the day.

I meant they won't work as well for their intended purpose, treating addiction ;)
Glad you were able to get back on with no issues.