Post detox backslide - advice needed

LotusExige

Bluelighter
Guys,

Short version - 5+ year chronic pain patient, just went through in patient detox and haven't had any opiates in 10 days. Was up to 60mg Dilaudid daily (roughly) at the end. Doing well other than extreme insomnia and my pain is coming raging back.

The good news is I have no access to my meds without my doc, who I see late next week (and I tossed all I had before detox). That said I could get 2 from a friend and am considering that for tonight before bed, just so I can sleep. Being clear my issue was physical dependence, not addiction (I take no other drugs, don't drink, etc.). I eat well but haven't exercised lately due to the exhaustion.

So I'm not at all worried about addiction/emotional relapse, I'm worried about physical dependence relapse. Detox, even in patient was pretty tough and since I'm through it I don't want to backslide. I know emotionally I can handle 2-4 and put them back down - the question is can my body do that? Am I too close to the detox to risk it? I will have zero option past 4 pills I could get from a friend so its not like I can be right back where I was. My doc (who is wonderful) is fully in the loop and supportive of whatever I decide to do.

Thanks for any input guys - again I'm only concerned with physical addiction here - I do not and never have enjoyed opiates. Hell I told my doc I feel like I'm going through what a heroin addict would but I never got any of the fun of heroin/drugs!!