• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Risks and Dangers of poor CYP2D6 metabolism

borega

Bluelighter
so I think my CYP2D6 metabolism is rly low. I start to notice effects of MDMA (very pure, washed and clear crystals) at about 30mg. I always thought I was just a bit funny or very sensetive but after reading about the CYP2D6 metabolism I would guess that my metabolism is poorer than average.
Now my question: If I stay at my careful consumption (been handeling mdma for 4 years with np now), what additional dangers, risks and harm am I facing?
I would suggest that due to mdma or its metabolites being processed more slowly, the toxicity over all rises? (is 5-methyl-dopamine broken down in the liver?)
If this is not suited for this forum than plz move it to the appropriate one.
Regards,

p.s. x-post from mdma forum

I'm on mobile now but I'll post the link later. It was discussed on dance safe that mdma is metabolised with this Enzym. It was even related to one death in Europe.

CYP2D6 is well know to have human polymorphisms, with phenotypes ranging from ultrarapid to very slow metabolizers. However, the question is, what is the toxicity coming from? In this paper (http://www.mdma.net/metabolism/cyp2d6-ultrarapid.html) they found that ultrarapid metabolism results in higher toxicity in cells because more of the toxic metabolite, N-methyl-alpha-methyldopamine, is formed.