• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc OTC stimulant plants, medications (alternatives to Rx pharmy and stims) etc.

phatass

Bluelighter
*title was meant to be (alt. to Rx pharmy and RC stims)

Since the only med containing only pseudoephedrine alone has been recently taken off the market here, i am looking for cheap alternatives, for stimulation, focus, attention, etc...Plants, extracts, otc pharmy chems (not RC's, got plenty of info on those... ;) )

So there's:

-pseudoephedrine combined with paracetamol otc, however only 30mg pseudo/500mg paracet, since i have regular headaches, this could come in handy, 3 pills/day and one pill 500mg para + xmg doxylamine i believe for nightime (could get a legit Rx, otherwise it's too expensive) Duration of pseudoephedrine 3-4 hours max... side effects, rare and common easy to google...

-Coffee (caffeine) effects start after approx 15minutes depending on various factors, lasts about 4 hours, but is a bit "jittery" at higher dose, laxative, and anxiety inducing at higher doses.

-Maca: Never felt any stimulation from this (not talking about potential aphrodisiac effects here..), a friend said if he took 4-5 gelcaps, he got definate stimulation accompanied with bad headaches... duration? It's OTC but rather expensive.

-Ginseng: Anyone got info, use of this as a functional stim? duration? dose? side effects?

-Tea: Contains "théine" (in french i believe, which is a stim) as well as caffeine? Any recommendations, for tea's containing stimulant properties? what active ingrediants cause the stimulation? Breackfast tea rather than the "anxiolytic" teas i presume for functional stimulant properties.? Any suggestions of specific tea's or infusions?

-Guarana: Stimulant properties, but no Rx, OTC but expensive... anyone want to add info to this?

-Betel nut: not available at chemists, but on the net yes, have to grind down the nut into fine powder though... experiences, best way to proceed to do this??

-Khat: illegal here

-Thai Kratom extract: both relaxing, stimulating/energising and euphoria, mood lift? (out of the picture for me because it's an opioid...)

Suggestions, addictional info, interactions with other meds, first hand experiences welcome...

Mods please estimate whether this is the right forum.... might get some better, pertinant info in ADD...?? wasn't sure

Thanks. I've been away a couple years and couldn't find it. Guess it was just renamed.

I don't think anything can really contend with the focus-enhancing effects of classical stimulants.

Mixed amphetamine salts was created (75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine) just for that reason.

It's hard to learn how to focus if you've never done it without stimulants. Hell, I was on one for six months, then took a six month break and still couldn't focus by the end, but that may have been due to other medication.

I've been to Goa, India three times and taken betel nut several times. I would describe it as mildly stimulating, with a 'feel good' edge (euphoria is a bit of a strong word). Traditionally in India powdered betel nut is usually taken wrapped in a conical leaf, sometimes mixed with tobacco (and other things), and chewed. You will have to spit quite a lot and the nut turns your saliva, and mouth-area in general, a deep crimson red which stains basically anything it touches. I wouldn't be inclined to take it over here due to that - it's kind of gross spitting what looks like blood all over the pavement (they actually fine people in India due to the stains everywhere caused by betel consumption).

Due to the preparation (you have to add slaked lime or something to it) and societal taboo of spitting in public, I would recommend something else.