• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought zubsolv was a generic as it is

Zubsolv is as name brand as it gets. The latest tomfoolery marketing ploy from big pharma. Same bioavailibility, same plot to steal our money. Ask for generic buprenorphine, a.k.a. Subutex. i pay $XX for a script of 60 8mg pills

I dont see any reason the taper you mentioned couldn't work, you have not been on it very long and it would be best and easiest get off it now. You had it to get you through the rough wd period from your DOC and now you should be good, and if you taper off now it should be doable... I used only three 8mg subs before to get off herion, used some to get trough the hard beginning days and immediately tapered, and worked great.....

You will have to learn how to not use your DOC anyways and a matinance program can make it easier for some people, but is not always required. And there are other complications with being on matinance meds long term, so if you can do it without long term matinance meds then you should. I think using it for only the withdrawal period can be very effective. Having other methods to help you in your path of recovery can be very beneficial and should be done. Anything you can do to help (that doesn't include medication) to decrease the chance of relapse is a good idea and can't hurt you.

What ever you have to do to not use your drug of choice is the most important thing...

Sounds like your doing good.. Keep up the good work...

I'm not super experienced with the bupe so maybe others could help you even more.

Thank you guys for those words and that information. I'm not sure if I can ask the doctor to go ahead and change me to Subutex now he's kind of a quack and I think I've heard him say that he will not call in prescriptions so since he's already giving me the script for the zubsolv I'm not sure that I could call him up and have him call in a different one for the Subutex but I'm going to give it a shot. If I can afford the Subutex then I'm going to go ahead and continue to taper more slowly than what I mentioned previously.

Subutex is dirt cheap, so I hope you're able to get a script from him for it. No reason you should be on Zubzolv over generic Subutex anyways...

^ yeah, i always wondered why you have all those brand names in the US. the only reason i even call my buprenorphine 'subs' is because that's what everyone here calls it, all of my NHS meds were generic or occasionally this ones called 'Prefibin'.its all just bupe in it tho.

In my area, 85% of Suboxone doctors who are prescribing Suboxone, will absolutely NOT let you change over to subutex, regardless if your insurance company doesn't cover strips and does the subzolvs. I seen a few instances where people I know had gotten Subutex because they claim they were allergic to the naloxone that was in Suboxone whether they were lying or not, so the doctor switched them to Subutex, and the only other way would be if you are pregnant or if it's for pain Management. The suboxone doctors out where I live really do not like giving out Subutex even if you do not have insurance and have to pay cash, don't get me wrong there are some that will work with you and may prescribe Subutex, but for the most part you're stuck with what you're getting through your insurance.

I am only speaking of experience in my area before anybody has any smart remarks to say.

The doctors are in bed with big pharmaceutical... the reps push their products to doctors and I would not be surprised at all if doctors got some kind of kick back for pushing the meds the big pharma reps push... and if that's the case then they won't push anything but that brand.. Or they are could possibly be contacted in...these sound plausible. ..how else can you explain how some bupe doctors will only push big brand name stuff and not generics.....idk, but one thing is for sure, the big pharma reps pushing product kinda like street drug dealers, and the docs are the middle men

from what i;ve heard from Bluelighters over in the US - the bupe-pushing Doctors sound really aggressive, if challenged the facade drops and they just straight revert into soulless drug dealer aka what they really are.

Not all of them by any means of course, but far, far too many seem to have little clue how the stuff is used effectively.

Have been on and off opiates for months now. Just wrapped up a 5 day Suboxone detox. Stayed clean for 2 weeks, then took 1 30mg roxi. It's been almost 48 hours and I feel like shit. I also noticed that although I nodded and puked, I felt no euphoria. It's as if opiates are no longer fun, it's over for me. Which might be a blessing. Anyway, when will this pass? I just got promoted and cannot work sick. Do I need to do another sub taper? I usually use less than 8 mg total for a taper, or will these symptoms abate in a day or so?

I don't really get positive effects from opiates anymore, just a little bit of a lift (and going harder I'll puke but not feel any better) followed by days of feeling like shit. Not worth it by any measure. This is 8 months after stopping 2 and a half years of sub maintenance. WTF does suboxone do to the opiate receptors?

hallo! found some super useful stuff on here and was wondering if you guys knew about whether taking H again after taking your subbies will stop subbie withdrawal and just bring it back to usual H withdrawals? I wanna get off subbies fast, I've been doing 10mg a day for about 6 weeks and I really don't wanna have to deal with a month of withdrawals, can I start using H again then just have the standard 3/4 day intense withdrawals? how long would I have to start using for again? will I have to go through subbie withdrawal whatever I do if I don't taper? I know this sounds like a stupid plan, but the subbies have interrupted my everyday life way more than H ever did and I really want to get off them asap! thanks loads guys! x

I’m glad you said that about not taking any more Suboxone until you’re in withdrawal from opiates! That’s very important!

Very well said.
Not many people know that no Lochstone is basically Narcan. And you’re right about why they put it in there. Under the tongue doesn’t do anything. That’s why they can’t shoot it up ?

WOW! well said!
When I saw my dog ate Suboxone I am most poop my pants. Scared the heck out of me. And yeah, we all know it’s him not his “dog”
Probably thinks his contacts with Facebook which will link it back to here! Lol. I hope it does He needs help. I assume a pet unicorn is somebody that won’t admit his problems? Basically nobody takes it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.