Anyone could shed some light on HPPD, anyone who has overcome it?

Aire

Greenlighter
I guess I'm just looking for any HPPD success stories, to see how people regained their identity and voice, and sense of time. Since it is most of the times a condition that goes away in time, peoples' experiences with that journey will help mine greatly.

I had a lot of problems with this over a couple of decades but it is less noticeable to me now. I think a healthy mind and body are key to overcoming HPPD. Try not to ruminate on the problem, try not to stare, be peaceful in yourself, exercise, cease using the particular hallucinogens which cause it. This is not to say you cannot use any psychedelic drugs, cannabis etc. but certainly look to discontinue the drugs which have caused your HPPD.

Try to engender a positive outlook and mindset, try relaxation exercises and read The Art of Seeing by Aldous Huxley, if only to learn again to see at your best.

I have tried a few drugs like 4-AcO-DMT, 5-MeO-DALT, 5-MeO-DMT and DMT in recent years without any worsening HPPD. I would say DMT and 5-MeO-DMT in particular are medicines which can help alleviate the symptoms associated with HPPD when used on rare occasions.

I think becoming more relaxed and less focused on the problem of HPPD is part and parcel of overcoming its domineering stranglehold in your life. If you can try to let go of it as being such and issue and just focus on being peaceful and positive in your lifestyle and mental outlook, your symptoms should become alleviated. Becoming obsessed with HPPD is a definite way to reinforce its occurence in your everyday life. This is not an disorder to easily overcome in my experience but with the right approach its worst excesses can be curtailed and you can learn to notice it much less.