• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids how to make mallinckrodt norcos stronger?

lokidoki

Bluelighter
I'm used to Watson's 5/325 (I usually take two at a time every other day), but now I only can get mallinckrodts, or the generics with the M326 (that numbers probably wrong I forget what it is exactly). Ive taken the 10/325 of these and felt significantly less effects, I doubt two of the 5/325s would be much better.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? How did you make the most out of these? Should I just try to take more of them then I did with the Watsons? Or is CWE the only choice (although I really dont feel like a CWE for two pills of norco is really worth it)?

Thanks!

There's no noticeable difference, like they are tested and found to contain the same amount and be just as effective. It's probably just your tolerance building. You don't need to to CWE if you're taking less than 4000mg of apap

^ This....

Norcos all come in the same strength; weak as shit!

I used to be prescribed Percocets and the pharmacists would often give me a hard time if I asked for brand name. I'm on some other boards and that company has been given the nickname "MallinCrap"! I think that says it all and I've heard all the literature about how they're all the same, so on and so on. But for my body, and for whatever reason (and I know I'm not alone!) they don't work well for me. End of discussion.

I used to be prescribed Percocets and the pharmacists would often give me a hard time if I asked for brand name. I'm on some other boards and that company has been given the nickname "MallinCrap"! I think that says it all and I've heard all the literature about how they're all the same, so on and so on. But for my body, and for whatever reason (and I know I'm not alone!) they don't work well for me. End of discussion.

Why would you specifically ask for a brand name and why would they give you a hard time for doing so? Only asking because I'm from the UK and this seems a little strange to me.

OP, you can't just 'make a norco stronger', though you can potentiate it using other substances. See below:

The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v1

The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2

Why would you specifically ask for a brand name and why would they give you a hard time for doing so? Only asking because I'm from the UK and this seems a little strange to me.

I would ask for it because I knew 99% of the pharmacies near me only carried the generic made by MallinCrap, and I did not want it! I forget who made the brand name but it always worked better for me, no placebo about it. I only wish I could prove it somehow but...

I believe the problem with asking for brand only intimidates medical professionals a bit implying you've done your homework and are not stupidly being led around like a blind cow. Maybe they thought I was selling them and got a checklist for the order, like I'll only take this or that. Kind of funny but who knows?
I actually told my Pain Mgmt doc right up front that I ingest every bit of information regarding my problems and the drugs I take or may need to take down the road. I consider myself an "informed patient". He kind of looked at me funny and said, OK then. And we moved on from there. Back in my parent's days, people looked up to doctors like they were Gods and I'm way way past that. Anyway, I hope I answered your question.

I would ask for it because I knew 99% of the pharmacies near me only carried the generic made by MallinCrap, and I did not want it! I forget who made the brand name but it always worked better for me, no placebo about it. I only wish I could prove it somehow but...

I believe the problem with asking for brand only intimidates medical professionals a bit implying you've done your homework and are not stupidly being led around like a blind cow. Maybe they thought I was selling them and got a checklist for the order, like I'll only take this or that. Kind of funny but who knows?
I actually told my Pain Mgmt doc right up front that I ingest every bit of information regarding my problems and the drugs I take or may need to take down the road. I consider myself an "informed patient". He kind of looked at me funny and said, OK then. And we moved on from there. Back in my parent's days, people looked up to doctors like they were Gods and I'm way way past that. Anyway, I hope I answered your question.

Oh right, fair enough. I know exactly what you mean. I got the same thing just last week from my own doctor.

I've suffered with crippling chronic migraine for 10 years and have been under the care of the same consultant who is a professor of neurology but has since retired. I've tried most drugs to prevent it, but the last one he prescribed to me had stopped working. Currently on the waiting list to see a new neurologist so I went to my doctor to get some Nortriptyline (which I know helps stop them a little bit) and she refused, and would only prescribe me Amitriptyline. When I told her I'd taken both before and knew that Nortriptyline gave me much fewer side-effects than Amitriptyline, so specifically wanted that, she refused.

I asked her why, and stated something along the lines of 'I don't see why you won't prescribe it, Amitriptyline is metabolised into Nortriptyline anyway...' she then frowned and said 'Why do you seem to know so much about them?' in an incredibly accusing manor. I just said that I'd suffered from crippling migraines for 10 years and I'd be stupid not to read up on the condition and the mechanisms of the drugs that are used for prophylaxis and asked her why that was so suspect and then laughed whilst asking her why on Earth I would choose to abuse Nortriptyline out of all things.

She still refused... :-/ So many people see their doctor, take their word as gospel and ingest anything they're prescribed without reading up on it. Personally, I think that's even stranger.

Last edited:
Agreed.I've suffered from chronic conditions as well for decades and always do my homework on the conditions and meds.Luckily my doctors agree this is smart thinking.

Oh right, fair enough. I know exactly what you mean. I got the same thing just last week from my own doctor.

I've suffered with crippling chronic migraine for 10 years and have been under the care of the same consultant who is a professor of neurology but has since retired. I've tried most drugs to prevent it, but the last one he prescribed to me had stopped working. Currently on the waiting list to see a new neurologist so I went to my doctor to get some Nortriptyline (which I know helps stop them a little bit) and she refused, and would only prescribe me Amitriptyline. When I told her I'd taken both before and knew that Nortriptyline gave me much fewer side-effects than Amitriptyline, so specifically wanted that, she refused.

I asked her why, and stated something along the lines of 'I don't see why you won't prescribe it, Amitriptyline is metabolised into Nortriptyline anyway...' she then frowned and said 'Why do you seem to know so much about them?' in an incredibly accusing manor. I just said that I'd suffered from crippling migraines for 10 years and I'd be stupid not to read up on the condition and the mechanisms of the drugs that are used for prophylaxis and asked her why that was so suspect and then laughed whilst asking her why on Earth I would choose to abuse Nortriptyline out of all things.

She still refused... :-/ So many people see their doctor, take their word as gospel and ingest anything they're prescribed without reading up on it. Personally, I think that's even stranger.

The big elephant in the room is, why are doctors so intimidated by informed patients. For cryin' out loud, I'm not after their job and of course, without decades of training I'll never 'be' a doctor, so why are they like this. I honestly don't think I'll ever understand it. I'll just continue and do my best to "read" the doctors I see and put my two cents in where I think it'll fit. Any thoughts on what they're thinking?

I'm really sorry but I just realized I caused this thread to take a serious left turn. I do apologize but the comments guided my thoughts where they are. So sorry.

Well I still don't know if it was the brand or my tolerance that caused it, but upping the dosage from 10 to 15 mg seems to have done the trick. Just sucks I have to utilize more pills.

Thanks guys!

The big elephant in the room is, why are doctors so intimidated by informed patients. For cryin' out loud, I'm not after their job and of course, without decades of training I'll never 'be' a doctor, so why are they like this. I honestly don't think I'll ever understand it. I'll just continue and do my best to "read" the doctors I see and put my two cents in where I think it'll fit. Any thoughts on what they're thinking?

I'm really sorry but I just realized I caused this thread to take a serious left turn. I do apologize but the comments guided my thoughts where they are. So sorry.

Simples, because a TON of ppl looking for something in particular (that's fun) know how to manipulate and say what they want to get drugs. For example, I go to the doc, Im in pain, might get vic 5s. So I say the acetaminophen is tearing up my stomach (when it isnt), or that it's bad for my liver (in my case, very legit), and ask for something w/o tylenol. Nucynta? Sorry, cant afford prescriptions. So maybe I get OP 5s... that dont dissolve, and after 6mo- year of trying, now Im on dilaudid 4s for pain that doesnt even exist. This plays out all too often in the US, even with stuff that isnt recreational. and it shoudnt matter if you want nor- instead of amitritiline or something else non speedy, non narcotic, non addictive. Besides, what does every 4th commercial tell us?

"Ask your doctor if FUKITOL is right for you"

I could use a FUKITOL right about now lol

Keep using and you'll be taking more waay more than 1 1/2,lol. But really what I would always do when i was taking Norco's/lortabs was always take them on an empty stomach and chew them up(gross to other people but I had no problem popping 5 10's in my mouth and just chewing them to poweder, came to enjoy the tase, still do when I have them or percocets.)

I had no problem popping 5 10's in my mouth and just chewing them to poweder, came to enjoy the tase, still do when I have them or percocets.)
Funny how that works.. I love chewing my percocets too. Swig of water - SWISH - swallow with sweet tea :p