View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Thread: Engage the digital super banana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking about the universe, wondering why light must*travel...?

*is that so?

not my area of expertise and its been a long time since i've taken higher physics classes, but iirc it's something to do with it's entropic interaction with the time dimension. it's constantly being repelled from the time dimension (and consequently through the lower spatial dimensions) at the highest possible rate because it can't experience temporal entropy (tendency towards disorder mediated via time).

there are probably multiple ways to look at it also. i'm sure there are energetic explanations, thermodynamic explanations, etc etc. that are all different surfaces of the weird manifold of information representing the totality of explanations for the physical universe.

light can, of course, be absorbed (and hence stop travelling and essentially cease to exist by becoming another type of energy) if it comes into contact with a system where the energy barrier between a particle/system's energy levels is equal to its wavelength/frequency. this is what gives rise to colored materials (most dyes have extended conjugations/pi-systems where electrons are far away from the nucleus and easily promoted to higher energy levels, and can absorb the energy from certain wavelengths of light. to get needlessly technical these transitions are called pi-->pi* transitions. certain metals, having electrons in similarly diffuse d-orbitals can also absorb light through d-->d* transitions)

Last edited:
But man, this guy can surely have his way with a word or two...

Seriously my favorite oM rarity out there and definitely in the top 5 of all Kevin Barnes material.

I would second the recommendation of listening to this. Especially if you've got a head full of something.

Anyone able to dig up the IM injections thread for me? I cannot find :( just thinking ahead for when I hopefully receive my MXE etc soon. Wanna know what I need to pick up in terms of wheel filter, and how to use it...

hmmm interesting, this might be the first positive thing i've ever heard about buspirone lol

I like quetiapine too (which I take for sleep, bipolar depression, and anxiety), though I only take 150mg per day.

rog said:
strangely enough my go-to hangover cure these days is adderall, believe it or not. 15mg and a small hit of weed, followed by a few glasses of water, will virtually eliminate anything but the worst of hangovers.

Yes, methamp was used similarly by myself, I would have had some very miserable work days without it.

rog said:
i should really just not drink though, tbh. but it's one of those things that just kinda ends up happening sometimes whether i want to or not

I can relate.

Anyway, roses are blooming, and it is wonderful. Some early blooming camellia and Indian hawthorne as well. Drinking Cinzano rosso vermouth over the last of my free herb.

I made this during our arts & crafts group (at the psych hospital):
WIN_20141126_010923.jpg

For some reason, I really enjoy working in the medium of colored squares (I discovered this while bored at big family gathering recently, when I gathered the starburst off all the tables and arranged them into a piece of architecture), I like the creativity within restraints thing. Anyway, I dunno, I'm very happy with the above, especially given how limited the color and number of tiles I had to work with were. Anyway, I'm trading it for a print of an abstract watercolor a fellow patient did.

Last edited:

worn out from doing mxe for three days straight with two gypsy raver chicks who slept in my bed with me. The cuddles were nice but didn't make it worth giving away that much mxe. Oh well, they were hot as fuck :\ hopefully i'll be able to make one of them my bae with some effort.

now I feel more alone than usual :\ I personally wouldn't recommend daily MXE usage if it's gonna make me feel like this.

good vibes to everyone though I love you guys

lovely tiling THR.

is never still around?
someone buy me some cheap lager

Last edited:
Do u think Stephen Hawking a tripper ?

Certainly could be that he has tripped... there are a surprising number of people at the leading edge of that kind of science who have gotten inspiration from psychedelics at some point in their lives. I kinda doubt he trips now though, but hey, who knows? Maybe he trips and that's how he gets out of his body.

worn out from doing mxe for three days straight with two gypsy raver chicks who slept in my bed with me. The cuddles were nice but didn't make it worth giving away that much mxe. Oh well, they were hot as fuck :\ hopefully i'll be able to make one of them my bae with some effort.

now I feel more alone than usual :\ I personally wouldn't recommend daily MXE usage if it's gonna make me feel like this.

good vibes to everyone though I love you guys

lovely tiling THR.

Yeah multi-day MXE definitely takes a toll on you... I did it for 3/4 days in a row (I can't even remember) at the festival I went to this summer and the for a couple of days I felt lost, it was advisable or pleasant. MXE really works best if you keep it infrequent. I was doing it every 2-3 days for the past couple of months, since me and my friends all got a bunch of it. I noticed it was far less profound than I had been so I decided to shore up my usage. I'll probably use some tomorrow night at a friends-giving dinner party but I haven't used it in over a week.

LSDMDMA&12712255 said:
is never still around?
someone buy me some cheap lager

Hey dood, how's it hangin?

just got outta the county mane
things are looking up i suppose.
fighting boredom right now
and this

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h-7nxkCm1g]Time for a little taste of American tradition, it's that time of year again, the annual pardoning of a turkey for thanksgiving, saving it from a "terrible yet delicious fate."

The Local News is doing a spot on how eating too much nutmeg can cause a hangover. LOL.

llama said:
is never still around?

I changed my name. You missed April/May, when months of missing 2-4 nights of sleep per week caught up to me, as I descended increasingly towards psychosis and was chronically tweaky. Good times.

If I were Hawking I would do some mild schroom trips. Put it in his peg tube.
Schrooms always seemed more gentle and forgiving

So lame when you try tripping on 2C-B and strawberry haze on your 'day off everything' and you walk in from smoking a cone getting double-called on the phone. :|

hmmm interesting, this might be the first positive thing i've ever heard about buspirone lol
Had a very bad reaction to buspirone around a few months a few months back. I was going through a bad breakdown and having panic attacks which were making it impossible to sleep which only made things worse. I decided to take some of the buspirone my doctor gave me for sleep a while before that I never took. All it did was put my anxiety and panic attacks into full on overdrive. I hadn't recently taken anything that would of interacted bad with it either. Had been a month since I had tripped before taking it.

From my experience using mxe several days in a row takes far more of a toll on the mind than ketamine.
Had some mxe three weeks ago which was my first trip on anything in 3 1/2 months. It was a bad idea since I had been going through allot of crap and was finally starting to feel allot better. Of coarse It just made me worse. Things are getting calmer now though
So glad the weather is cooling down, always so brutally hot most of the year here.

Yo llama sup dawg?

Last edited:
not my area of expertise and its been a long time since i've taken higher physics classes, but iirc it's something to do with it's entropic interaction with the time dimension. it's constantly being repelled from the time dimension (and consequently through the lower spatial dimensions) at the highest possible rate because it can't experience temporal entropy (tendency towards disorder mediated via time).

there are probably multiple ways to look at it also. i'm sure there are energetic explanations, thermodynamic explanations, etc etc. that are all different surfaces of the weird manifold of information representing the totality of explanations for the physical universe.

light can, of course, be absorbed (and hence stop travelling and essentially cease to exist by becoming another type of energy) if it comes into contact with a system where the energy barrier between a particle/system's energy levels is equal to its wavelength/frequency. this is what gives rise to colored materials (most dyes have extended conjugations/pi-systems where electrons are far away from the nucleus and easily promoted to higher energy levels, and can absorb the energy from certain wavelengths of light. to get needlessly technical these transitions are called pi-->pi* transitions. certain metals, having electrons in similarly diffuse d-orbitals can also absorb light through d-->d* transitions)

Very informative, thanks Rog :) <3

Status
Not open for further replies.