Suboxone, taper continues, need more support!

gypsyanon

Greenlighter
Okay, so yesterday I started dropping to 4mg. Was on 8mg for about 5 months, 6mg for about 3 weeks, maybe less maybe more.

I am trying to base this off of progress and not as much so as time. If it takes me a little longer to stabilize on one ttaper than another, that's fine. I'm not looking for excuses to stay on a certain dose longer than others; I want off as soon as possible, yet, with as little discomfort as possible.

I'd say I am doing pretty well. I am probably going to stay at 4mg for a few weeks. I am at a stresful time in my life, hopefully it will be over in 2-3 weeks so that I can taper down to 2mg.

I gotta say, each drop still feels like I am getting the same amount of sub. Does that sound odd? I actually dropped to 4mg when I got sick of taking my late dose. No signs of withdrawal. Sleeping fine, eating alot actually, taking vitamins, no nausea.

Is it normal to not feel any wd when you slowly taper until a certain dose?

I am extremely tired though a lot. Feel like I could sleep all the time. But I have been taking klonopin because of how stressed out I have been.

I really do think that after I quit, I'll be back to the person I always was. I definitely, as of now, do not feel as though I'm going to be miserable or depressed forever. I suffer from depression from my bipolar. It comes in waves, and I can usually tell when it is sneaking up on me, and right now, it's not.

I'm mostly scared of restless leg syndrome. I always was a sufferer of it. I can remember laying in bed until 6am, and then falling asleep until 2pm. Has anybody suffered from zero to mild restless legs after jumping off of sub?

Thanks. Fill me in. Help me out. Love you all.

Don't have any advice, except from the things I've read on this website. Know that you've got support here though!!

I've taken subs but not long-term, so I can't say if what you're experiencing is normal. One thing I would caution you to only use klonopin sparingly because you don't want to end up dependent on benzos. One drug that helped my restless legs is clonidine. You might want to see if you can get that prescribed, it's non-habit forming.