• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can you get a high of just pseudoephedrine?

Space__Kitten

Bluelighter
I know it's a stimulant but was just prescribed it for my sinus infection (along with antibiotics). There's nothing else in it just 30 little 30mg pills..I've just been taking it as directed but I wasn't sure if you could get a buzz off it of you took enough (without being a kitchen chemist lol) or should I just forget the idea haha.

unless you count being high as feeling jittery and ill for short periods of time, no.

i'd save it for your sinuses.

Its OTC. You don't even need a script. Worse than caffiene imo.

You can get tweaked, in a very bad way. Don't bother to abuse this medication.

I find if I take 30mg for congestion it will help "wake me up" in the morning but beyond removing some of the morning sleepiness at that dose it is not useful for anything, other then making meth i suppose.

Haha ya I don't want to make meth lol...they have me take 60mg at a time several times a day but it didn't even wake me up I just fell asleep. I tried to take 90 last night when going to bed to try and stay up but I still just fell asleep lol.

(It's thoughts like this that we can't have nice things sold over the counter)

Seriously though, try some ephedrine instead. It's sold in 10mg pills as a bronchodilator . Way better.

Also, why are you trying to get high from your sinus meds?

Why do we try to get high from (blank) meds? Stupid question. If blank is pain, sinus or colonoscopy or whatever else, if it's possible to get high on it, people will want it.

I actually had a very enjoyable time with 90mg once. No jitteriness, just smooth, pleasant euphoria. I had been ridiculously sick, and then with it in me I suddenly felt great, no longer sick at all. But I also felt euphoric, and a little stimulated (not at all in that gross ephedrine way).

How much of that was actually being high and relief at no longer feeling like I was dying (+ I might have had a fever g that broke around that time, I don't recall it, but it's possible) I have no idea, I just felt euphoric, in a really good way. Rarely take the stuff and haven't tried it when feeling well. I know there are case reports of people being addicted to it, via IV I think.

Last edited:
I feel pretty good from 60mg.

Taken alone, eh.

But I combine 60mg psudo with like 200mg caffeine + bupe (I'm always on bupe so that's optional) and I get a great euphoria going.

Just don't take it more than 4 days in a row or you'll likely get so stuffed up you'll get a sinus infection. At least that's what happens every time I take 60 2x per day for 5+ days.

@Hamilton: I was just curious why the OP would want to. It's not really a rec. drug, and if you're trying for a legal high, there are so many better options.

@Mabzie: Bupe is optional?
I'm not trying to be a dick, but the OP made no mention of opiate use. To an opiate naive person, even a 2mg dose of bupe could put someone out. Recommending opioid usage is never a good idea.

I definitely don't think he was recommending opiate use. Just saying what combination has produced a good euphoria for him. I've never tried ephedrine or pseudoephedrine.

Oh yeah sure...just remember to wash it down with turpentine, gasoline, and a 2 liter of sprite..

You're gonna be fuccckkkkkkkkkkkked up! You can smoke some weed while on it, if you like, but what you're really going to need is a ride to the hospital!! I try to aim for circulatory collapse at least 1X a year...great for sinuses tho!!

You can get high off it, kind of, but it's not very good. Any more than 60mg combined with caffeine produces extreme jitteryness & palpitations, it's unpleasant & worse than a normal caffeine od. 120mg with 60mg redoses feels kind of nice if you avoid caffeine & you wont have a runny nose so bad at all. It'll be more vasoconstriction than euphoria, but if you've got a cold & don't want to get yourself totally out of it on drugs, then a little sudafed & co-codamol works nicely. It only gets really jittery & unpleasant if combined with caffiene, or at very high doses (240mg). If you have heart problems or take any other medication that could interact with it, then it's a seriously bad idea. If you have a really bad runny or blocked nose & want to wake yourself up a bit, then it's great.

It's not much worse than ephedrine, but ephedrine isn't great either.

Why are a few ppl attacking me, that's why I asked here? Lol...I got it for my sinusitis, I took it, it didn't really help me so now I have this drug my doctor prescribed me sitting here with no use for it lol. I was hoping I could at least get buzz from it instead of just throwing it away and wasting my $6 dollars I spent on it lol. Also I've been doing so much of the same shit lately I was hoping for something new, and if not that is ok. I've tried weed, vicoden, Percocet, MDMA, dxm, kratom, meth, LSA and idk lol. I have a tolerance for everything (not addicted just everything is way up there anymore) I googled it after it didn't help my sinuses, seen some shit on erowid about it (but not much so I wasn't sure how reliable it was) but instead of just taking it to see I asked the question here.

Also, I want to add, last time I had sinus infection I asked for something for pain and she gave me vicoden. So I figured I'd get it again this time. So I again asked for something for pain and she gave me sudafed lol. So I was pretty disappointed but didn't want to ask her specifically "so no vicoden this thine?" Lol. So ya I was kinda hoping this would do something but if not oh well lol.

Last edited:
Why are a few ppl attacking me, that's why I asked here? Lol...I got it for my sinusitis, I took it, it didn't really help me so now I have this drug my doctor prescribed me sitting here with no use for it lol. I was hoping I could at least get buzz from it instead of just throwing it away and wasting my $6 dollars I spent on it lol. Also I've been doing so much of the same shit lately I was hoping for something new, and if not that is ok. I've tried weed, vicoden, Percocet, MDMA, dxm, kratom, meth, LSA and idk lol. I have a tolerance for everything (not addicted just everything is way up there anymore) I googled it after it didn't help my sinuses, seen some shit on erowid about it (but not much so I wasn't sure how reliable it was) but instead of just taking it to see I asked the question here.

Also, I want to add, last time I had sinus infection I asked for something for pain and she gave me vicoden. So I figured I'd get it again this time. So I again asked for something for pain and she gave me sudafed lol. So I was pretty disappointed but didn't want to ask her specifically "so no vicoden this thine?" Lol. So ya I was kinda hoping this would do something but if not oh well lol.

Pry' cause of your lol, Youre probably just wacky that way huh...

Lol ya def xD I just asked a question and it was answered "no it's not very recreational" though now I think I might use it in place of my energy drinks for a few days, spend $5 a day on those bitches maybe save a few dollars and have clear sinuses haha xD

@Hamilton: I was just curious why the OP would want to. It's not really a rec. drug, and if you're trying for a legal high, there are so many better options.

@Mabzie: Bupe is optional?
I'm not trying to be a dick, but the OP made no mention of opiate use. To an opiate naive person, even a 2mg dose of bupe could put someone out. Recommending opioid usage is never a good idea.

Yeah... Firstly, I made no mention of any dosage.
But as I'm on bupe I simply added it into the mix because well, it was in the mix.

I didn't recommend anything actually, just stated what I took and what it did.

Go back and read my post.

That's the whole reason I said optional in the first place.

It doesn't matter for any of it I didn't even take it for my sinuses xD I did the first day...second day I took my recomended dose and threw up xD so it doesn't matter >_< shit is hard on my tummy