• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

kratom withdrawals?

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Okay I have been using kratom for a week. Today was my second day without it and I could stay off the crapper. So I took some limitol and started to try to get some rest. I didn't take kratom for months just a week and when I felt my stomach feel like it was going to act up I got up and crapped right thru my boxer. I didn't know kratom withdrawal was real. I have plenty of lomotil and lyrica. Guys how long does this last?

It doesn't surprise me that you're having diarrhea. I have IBS and kratom just made it worse. I would keep taking the lomotil and hopefully this will pass soon. I'm going to move this to Other Drugs. Hope you feel better soon Sonic.

1 week of Kratom use and you are getting withdrawals?

After like 3-4 months on 10g a day I had minor bowel/stomach issues the second day after stopping, some night sweats and insomnia, and minor anxiety/depression for like 2 days and then I was fine.

Detoxing off of 40mg of Oxy for 6 months on the other hand was fucking hell to say the least. I would rather do a kratom detox 100 times over than 1 detox off of a low-moderate oxycodone habit.

Hmm, that's strange as I've found that even after years of use I never got any GI side effects from withdrawal whereas you did in such a short amount of time, in fact you shouldn't even be in withdrawal from a mere week.

The good thing is that even full blown kratom withdrawal only lasts around 5-7 days on average, without a history of prior addictions. Since you've only been using for a week I wouldn't expect this to last more than 3 days.

Wait, didn't you just run a course of hydrocodone right before getting on kratom? You did, how long were you taking hydro and how long of a washout period did you give yourself before getting on kratom? You do realize kratom is cross tolerant with opioids right?

I took Norco from Oct 31 to like Nov 5 the no I didn't know they where cross tolerant and even so I went thru 7.5 mg of Norco in about the right time span. The only difference between this binge and others in the past where the norco but even as that maybe I still didn't pop like norco's ninety days straight so that's why I am confused

Basically, Kratom or Norcos or whatever you take which acts on your opioid receptors...

Once you start having withdrawals, you can stop doing it for a long time and then do it again for a brief amount of time and go right back to the same tolerance/withdrawal.

I would go a month or so without opiates, get through the worst of the withdrawals, then do it for two days and go right back to extreme withdrawal.

I mean, unless you want to feel like shit perpetually your options are:

1. Quit
2. Take every day

I'd suggest option one while you're still ahead and still just doing norcos and kratom.