• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy seeds for the first time? Advice.

DeathByShadows

Greenlighter
I am deciding to try Poppy seeds for the first time and need to know a couple things :) thanks to anyone who can answer these.

Where can i buy the seeds? what store etc?
How many seeds do i need for a beginner? what would be your estimate for the total cost?
Have you ever tried poppy seeds before? if so, how was your experience.
Is it likely for me to die on the seeds or no as much?

I am looking to by these seeds to help with my depression.
I was planning on buying Kratom but decided to get poppy seeds instead.

any advice is appreciated!

Btw: im a teen if that helps and my parents are against drugs. Ill have to do the whole drinking proccess etc in my room.

Don't do it, getting a taste for opiates is like flicking a switch you can't turn off (without a lot of strength and determination).

Chances are, you'll be like most of the people I ever did poppy seed tea with, and hate it.
I really can't recommend avoiding it enough. Sorry, I just don't think it's worth it for someone in your position; living with your folks and all.
It's against the rules here to ask for, or give people information on sourcing drugs - and everything else you need to know can be found on bluelight - so if you're going to do it, you're going to do it- but I just wanted to speak from experience and say that poppy seed extracts are much more addictive and risky than people give them credit for, and I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.
Addiction and withdrawals really fucking suck, man. Not worth it for a cheap stone, opiates use rarely remains "recreational" for ever. The hook catches a lot of people that swore they'd never succumb to addiction.
It's playing with fire.
That's the most sincere advice I can give you.

Last edited:
I have spent over a half million dollars on my habit in the last 10 years. Avoid it. I would own several properties if I didnt have this tugging at me(also would perform better at work, though I am pretty funcitonal overall). You can still kind of be functional on dope, but once u start mixing with benzos, you are fucked... end summary: DONT DO IT!! If anything, next time you hurt yourself or get your wisdom teeth pulled, save your vicodin 1 day and take 3 pills at once, then see how you want to do it again, well dont, thats how you get hooked. you think you can control it, its only a little bit, soon you have a neede in your arm

It is Easier said then DONE To Just Say No Turn Around And Go The Other Direction In Life!

It is Easier said then DONE To Just Say No Turn Around And Go The Other Direction In Life!

Ask anyone else here with hypersensitivity and opiate addictions, opiates are nothing to play with a hypersensitive body gets so bad it feels like your whole entire body is bruised and its so easy to fall into that trap. Great choice op, there are other drugs that when used correctly will provide euphoria without the consequences of opiates. Be smart and think about your future, this doesn't mean you cant enjoy using drugs but at such a young age you should not play with you μ-opiod receptors!

If you want a delicious treat to make with poppy seed try a strudel. Or a poppy seed torte.

At least those are tasty :)

Wise decision DBS unless opiates are a necessity for pain its not worth that monkey rider. I just saw your followup post and your still taking that same path. Well we all ride are own steed.

Wow so many say stay away yet i see threads about heroin, coke,lsd , zanax ect loll zanax will make u a lost zombi. I used poppy once n my god.. i was fked up like crazy loll i mean more then heroin. My boy had a ,50 p bag lasted us a good month. Noding out playing warriors on play stay was the best. The itch and nod , how i loved the itch n nod. No one trusted us until they tried it and ended up wacked n puked. Then they wanted in loll.... Yet it started my addiction, well , vics and percs started it , pop was a cheap alternitave to it after bno vics then i never got vics again cause pop way better n cheaper...... I skate and enjoy 360 underflips .... So yes do not use allot at first or u will throw up n be real hi. Wait 2 hours to see..... I also remember my bro saying stay away n i said i wont uze all the time. , next thing i knew i was addicted to dope , pills ops ect.. now i cant live without subs. So yes warnings are good but to say dont do pop but go get drunk and pop zans is weird cause there are more deaths from alcohol then all illegal drugs combined n zan makes worse, or lsd , coke, benz ect .. if you're already using drugs like that its nothing major to try pops , just dont get addicted to that wonderful high..... So in short do not do pops , do crack coke, zanz, lsd, dmt ect thats way better loll....really tho enjoy life without ops while u can n stay away. However once a week oooo baby that itch n nod beats any drug

I don't see anyone here suggesting booze coke or anything else - simply that the OP should be careful and think twice about this one.
Yes; there are threads about all kinds of drugs - but there you'll see plenty of misery and harm too.
As the focus here is harm reduction, it seems like a good idea to warn young people to be wary about using such things.
PST is no joke, like you say.

I've used it several times and am not addicted and have taken vicoden for a week straight and Percocet. I think everyone was kind of harsh on OP. Ya opiate addiction can be really bad but also not everyone does it and gets addicted. I've always just tried tons of different substances then would switch it up. I think he should try it but also try kratom but not do it everyday. I've done everything from opiates to meth and surprisingly only drug I was ever addicted to was DXM hahahah everyone's body is different. You never know what you're thing that will hook you is gonna be.

I think it's dangerous to just tell them "don't do it" cause if it were me I would do it anyways even after being warned and just find the info I needed on my own. Were not the dare program and instead (after some warnings if you must) at least tell them useful info like don't go over this amount or ask what medications they're on or their current health or give them advice about taking breaks with it insuring harm reduction instead of just preaching abstainance.

Last edited:
I think the 'dont do it' card is overplayed.

In fact, how about the mods just put a sticky up in each forum saying ...............DONT DO IT, its BAD FOR YOU and sometimes ILLEGAL.

Then the posters can get back to sharing their experiences.

I think the 'dont do it' card is overplayed.

In fact, how about the mods just put a sticky up in each forum saying ...............DONT DO IT, its BAD FOR YOU and sometimes ILLEGAL.

Then the posters can get back to sharing their experiences.

Lmao ikr? That's my thoughts too. Felt like a DARE rant with all the "just don't try it!" ._. Js and I know if ppl told me that I still would lol. At least he's doing research, so many young people just try shit without doing enough research and that's when bad news makes the headlines.

Opiates are hardly bad for you...mentally yes..but in the physical sense they're, in General, as benign if not more so than cannabis. Anyone who says different is scaremongering. But don't take the mental warning lightly...they'll grab u by the balls.

If you do decide to do it...in terms of harm reduction you need to know what kind of seeds to get..bc the wrong ones will make u sick. Look for as black of seeds as u can find...if they look kind of whitish or light they're probably washed and therefore worthless to you unless you enjoy baking.

Also I try to find organic. Remember it's not the seed that gets you high but the residue on outside (and why pod tea is so much stronger) look for seeds that have little chunks of pods mixed in them, and get them in bulk. Like what not to do: don't buy 50 little McCormick poppyseeds haha it will be really expensive and not work, save that stuff for cooking. Also for prep I liked cold water extraction, I would put it in a 2 liter with some lemon juice and sit there and shake it often for about an hour. (If I'm a little wrong on method I'm sorry trying to remember, it's been like a year and a half sense I made some)...then you have to strain out all the water from the seeds, my bf and I just used a t shirt and poured the seeds over that and caught them all in the tshirt so we could squeeze out all the tea. That's what I remember at least.

if you are intent on doing the one bit of advice i would give is you can never tell how much latex is on the seeds (or inside the pods, for that matter).
some seeds might be coated while some absolutely devoid of latex, and results can fluctuate drastically, sometimes fatally to the inexperienced.

kratom seems a safer idea.

Lmao ikr? That's my thoughts too. Felt like a DARE rant with all the "just don't try it!" ._. Js and I know if ppl told me that I still would lol. At least he's doing research, so many young people just try shit without doing enough research and that's when bad news makes the headlines.
I suppose you haven't been addicted to opiates?
I fucked around with poppies for years before succumbing to addiction. Make of that what you will, but I'm personally not preaching abstinence or sobriety - just care and respect for powerful substances.

re: "he's just doing research"; sorry, but research doesn't require starting a thread. One that states "any advice is appreciated!"

My advice to young people is to be fucking careful with opiates.
Sorry if you don't like that, but it's nothing to be complacent about.

I've used poppy seed and pod tea literally thousands of times, and it's not something you want to get hooked on. Physically damaging or not, opiates are extremely addictive and have powerful effects on your psychological well-being.
Very unpleasant drawn-out withdrawals from full-spectrum opiate alkaloids like you get from pst.

Lest you accuse me of sounding like a DARE rant, I will say this (again) - there is plenty of information on bluelight about poppy seed tea. I have written about it extensively - you can UTFSE and find it.
But I don't advise people to try it, especially if they're inexperienced with opiates.

Thing is I have done poppy seed tea several times and I am not addicted to opiates! Same with my bf, he did it along with me and wasn't impressed, compared to vicoden it was weak. Also it was such a hassle to make the tea and strain it we moved on to easier highs. If he's living in his parents house I doubt he's gonna even end up doing it that much cause making that shit is messy. Another thing, LOTS of drugs are addictive, meth, benzos, heroin..see posts on here all the time about them and people talk about them casually sense this is supposed to be a safe community for asking questions re guarding these sort of things. Another thing, not everyone gets addicted or even likes the same thing. Anyone can go on how bad meth is of a drug "don't try it even once" or that it screwed up my mom so badly she still thinks she talks to spirits and hallucinates cause of how heavy she used. I tried it once and hated it, shittiest drug ever cause of the comedown, it wasn't for me. I tried poppy seed tea, too much hassle. I like getting vicoden and percs and have used it on and off couple times a year for years without feeling the need to use more. Everyone is different. That's the point. Just because you're prone to getting hooked on loving opiates doesn't mean he will or everyone will. If he wants to try it and you've had experience with PST you should let him know how to be safe.