• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Meth - First Time - Tried Crystal Meth for the first time

So Methamphetamine is basically just a slightly stronger version of coke? And i know coke is basically just a stronger version of adderall

No, not at all. Methamphetamine, like practically every other substituted amphetamine, feels very different to cocaine, which is a tropane alkaloid.

Relatively pure cocaine is incomparable and inimitable in its effects, in my opinion. Methamphetamine feels incredibly stimulating and feels 'turbulent', for want of a better word. But it lacks the comparatively smooth psychostimulation of cocaine.

Moreover, it seems to me the euphoria is of a different nature with methamphetamine when it is compared to the euphoria accompanying cocaine. The former seems to be euphoric merely as a result of how energetic, creative, libidinous, and amped it makes one feel. Whereas the latter seems to get its euphoria from how grandiose, capable, complacent, and self-satisfied it makes one feel.

That has been my experiences with the two drugs, at least. Respectably pure cocaine compared to reasonably pure methamphetamine is tantamount to a comparison between alcohol and barbiturates—they're slightly comparable, but there's this intrinsic je ne sais quoi about the two which leaves little room for similitude.

Be careful with meth, it's much more addictive than most other drugs, even crack

No, not in my experience, at least. Freebase cocaine feels so damned amazing, but the effects are so disappointingly ephemeral and short-lived. The result is that freebase/crack cocaine is an incredibly reinforcing stimulus. It's sort of like nitrous oxide, in the sense that it feels nice but it seems to be over as soon as it starts, which makes one feel this unbelievable compulsion to do it again, and again, and again. You could easily find yourself sitting on your couch taking hit after hit for a few consecutive hours.

Methamphetamine has a much longer duration of action, and so there doesn't seem to be as great of an urge to do it compulsively—well, at least not as compulsively.

My experience with methamphetamine has always involved taking a dose, feeling good for several hours, then taking another dose to continue the high or either administering some downers (say, a barbiturate or a benzodiazepine) to take the edge off, lessen the come down, and hopefully get some sleep.

But my point is that meth seems to lack that immediate, practically uncontrollable reinforcing quality of crack cocaine. I mean, they're both very rewarding stimuli, but there's no question which of the two is most reinforcing. That greater reinforcing aspect makes freebase cocaine exceptionally more addictive than methamphetamine, in my experience.

Yeah I did not want to redose when I tried meth. Cocaine though I can do shot after shot after shot.

So Methamphetamine is basically just a slightly stronger version of coke? And i know coke is basically just a stronger version of adderall

Uhh OK. It's like this. Let's say caffeine is just caffeine and nothing more. If that's true then cocaine is basically diesel gasoline. If coke is gasoline crystal meth is basically nothing short of rocket fuel.

That's so weird. I wonder why? I noticed that a little too... When I do adderall or propylhexedrine... There's no real craving the next few days. I have indeed noticed craving to do meth again yet the high wasn't even better imho. Yet, craving is there. Its weird. Anyone know why this is? Still haven't and won't do it again... Its not worth the risk.

Yeah this true. I smoked meth with my friend who has become a meth-head since, and I enjoyed it, we stayed up all night catching up and it was really fun. But I like some other stimulants better, like MDMA, or even in some ways dex-amp. But for some reason I had meth dreams for like 6 months after that one time. Crazy...

I feel like the exception here, I quit a heavy habit back in September, haven't had a single craving since then. Been craving opiates actually, and have been clean off them since '15

For me, I got off of a 10 year opiate addiction 4 years ago, and in my dreams I crave stimulants more. And in my waking life too.

I definitely see the appeal, but stims never gave me any real euphoria. Iv coke notwithstanding.

Try main vaining it. U think smoking it gives ya tingles and rush. Haven't experienced nothing. Like comparing a Redbull to a good quag hit of some good ice that give ya the skull tingles. Most women cum.om there pants immediately. O don't know about guys, never happened to me but would sure be nice lol

I have iv'd it, no euphoria, meth never once gave me even the slightest hint of euphoria.

Maybe u don't do enough of bad stuff. It opens the flood gates to monoamines serotonin, epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamin while also destroying those same chemicals causing you to produce and release more. Weird

I've done plenty, it just doesn't give me euphoria, I'm not the only person.

Meth isnt the most euphoric drug nor should it be expected. The rush is more a floodgate opening of watmth and energy, euphoria is a misnomer and 4MAR is more euphoric.

Id say mdma is euphoric not meth.

For me, I got off of a 10 year opiate addiction 4 years ago, and in my dreams I crave stimulants more. And in my waking life too.

Yep. Thats indeed quite the problem.

But it is wat it is.

Meth isnt the most euphoric drug nor should it be expected. The rush is more a floodgate opening of watmth and energy, euphoria is a misnomer and 4MAR is more euphoric.

Id say mdma is euphoric not meth.

I'd be inclined to agree zeph.