• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Novel opioid, U-47700-Mega Thread and FAQ

roi

Bluelighter
U-47700_fixedstructure.svg

Wikipedia

TripSit Factsheet

Summary: Short duration (45 minutes to 2-3 hours, depending on ROA), quite potent (definitely not 7.5x morphine, closer to 2.5x, dose is 10-25mg), very more-ish.

Illegal in Finland, Sweden and Ohio; all of USA in October 2016.

Last edited:
Sucks that its a kappa agonist.. Do you know the binding affinity for it at that site?
Anyone think its gonna be a problem in low doses and not just higher ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
it still seems like an overdose risk, especially due to its relative lack of euphoria and shorter duration engendering a scenario of re-dosing.
also, and forgive me if this has already been covered, does anyone know of potency fluctuations in accordance with ROA?

especially due to its relative lack of euphoria and shorter duration engendering a scenario of re-dosing

Have you even tried it? How can you be sure that there's a lack of euphoria?

From Wikipedia: "Since affinity to kappa receptors has not been measured, it may also induce dysphoria and other unwanted side-effects but it's 3DQSAR, make it this most unlikely." - For all we know, this could be a very recreational opioid!

Have you even tried it? How can you be sure that there's a lack of euphoria?

From Wikipedia: "Since affinity to kappa receptors has not been measured, it may also induce dysphoria and other unwanted side-effects but it's 3DQSAR, make it this most unlikely." - For all we know, this could be a very recreational opioid!

oh no i haven't tried it. for all we know it could be recreational, but 'ince affinity to kappa receptors has not been measured' i couldn't say!

interesting opiod nonetheless, and i'll certainly be following any trip reports on it if/when they are posted.

I'd be VERY careful with untested opiates and stick to good ol' prescription ones. I can see this being banned very quickly due to how easy it'd be to OD off of.

You realize that all prescription opioids were just as untested as this one once? Ever heard of the term "research chemical" before? :)

Besides, many prescription opioids are just as potent. Or much more potent (take fentanyl as example).

Sorry rhun - but I have a little question. Am I allowed to link to the Wikipedia article if it contains information on the legality of this substance? What about Erowid vaults of other substances that have information on the law?

On site discussion - not allowed, linking to third party sites - allowed?

@roi the Wikipedia link shouldn't be an issue. My only concern with your post was that it would invite legal discussion and you just got included in my edit because I was attempting to keep the rereading track without derailing it, which unfortunately failed. I apologize for that.

- undid edit, let's just avoid vendor discuss and sourcing-

Last edited:
I didn´t know about RC opiates.
Anyways.., there are many other medications stronger than morphine, like oxy, Opana, or to be extreme; Fentanyl which is 50x stronger than morphine. Some doctors say 100 x stronger, but maybe that´s an expression.
Besides, stronger drugs don´t mean they are good. This one is meant to be used when nothing else works.
It does not make you euphoric only painless and very sleepy.

Sounds pretty interesting...hopefully it also being a kappa agonist wont have too much effect, at least at recreational doses. I cant imagine anyone trying to market a really dysphoric drug.

@erikmen the issue with RCs is not just the strength, but the dosing. Most people don't have the right scale to weigh out such a small amount. Phenazepam for example... So many horror stories out there. I even blacked out for a week, though it was mostly because of all the drugs I mixed it with. But a lot of people attempted to dose it with a toothpick or by doing a pinch and blacked out for days, due to accidentally doing too much and also dosing too many times.

I absolutely agree though that strength doesn't mean it'll be recreational. I think everyone is hoping for a RC similar to morphine or heroin. Which is why new opioids on the market are brought up frequently.

Last edited:
(Mod edit: removed SWIM) This is my first low dose experiment. Ihave no tolerance or dependance to opioids. I have used several types before (heroin, morphine, codeine, opium, Hydromorphone, Oxycodone) but non regularly. I have also tried just about every other drug family under the sun. I will be trying a higher dose experiment soon and I will try to post it ASAP, hope it helps yall, cheers.

(Unedited from when it was written during the trip)

T–00:05 Prepared a capsule with roughly 1.3mg in it and got my Naloxone kit ready just in case for my sober sitter to help me out should the worst happen.

T+00:00 Pop the first capsule and hear i go.

T+00:10 Light affects probably placebo , slight anxiety from trying something with so little history of human use.

T+00:20 Starting to feel tingly and spacey, slight sense of well being. I have a slight headache but iv had one off and on for a few days so it could be unrelated.

T+00:40 Affects have gotten a little stronger otherwise not much to report.

T+00:55 Getting itchy, don't feel as sedated as other opioids, affects are continuing to level off , starting to get sleepy but it is getting late...

T+01:15 Think I'm past the peek, starting to loos my body buzz , probably gona head to bed soon

T+01:30 Yup body buzz is definitely fading fast, so that meens it time for bed.

Night night.

Conclusion: Waaaaaay to short but somewhat nice. Nothing compared to hydromorphone but i see some recreational value. This dose was very low even for someone with no tolerance, this chemical requires more research in high doses.

Last edited by a moderator:
@erikmen the issue with RCs is not just the strength, but the dosing. Most people don't have the right scale to weigh out such a small amount. Phenazepam for example... So many horror stories out there. I even blacked out for a week, though it was mostly because of all the drugs I mixed it with. But a lot of people attempted to dose it with a toothpick or by doing a pinch and blacked out for days, due to accidentally doing too much and also dosing too many times.

I absolutely agree though that strength doesn't mean it'll be recreational. I think everyone is hoping for a RC similar to morphine or heroin. Which is why new opioids on the market are brought up frequently.

Thanks for clarifying this. It seems that new drugs are popping out quite frequently..

This is SWIMs first low dose experiment. SWIM have no tolerance or dependance to opioids. SWIM has used several types before (heroin, morphine, codeine, opium, Hydromorphone, Oxycodone) but non regularly. SWIM has also tried just about every other drug family under the sun. SWIM will be trying a higher dose experiment soon and I will try to post it ASAP, hope it helps yall, cheers.

T–00:05 Prepared a capsule with roughly 1.3mg in it and got my Naloxone kit ready just in case for my sober sitter to help me out should the worst happen.

T+00:10 Light affects probably placebo , slight anxiety from trying something with so little history of human use.

T+00:20 Starting to feel tingly and spacey, slight sense of well being. I have a slight headache but iv had one off and on for a few days so it could be unrelated.

T+00:55 Getting itchy, don't feel as sedated as other opioids, affects are continuing to level off , starting to get sleepy but it is getting late...

T+01:15 Think I'm past the peek, starting to loos my body buzz , probably gona head to bed soon

Night night.

Conclusion: Waaaaaay to short but somewhat nice. Nothing compared to hydromorphone but i see some recreational value. This dose was very low even for someone with no tolerance, this chemical requires more research in high doses.

That was a really interesting read, props for having a sitter and nax kit.

(Mod edit: removed SWIM) This is my first low dose experiment. Ihave no tolerance or dependance to opioids. I have used several types before (heroin, morphine, codeine, opium, Hydromorphone, Oxycodone) but non regularly. I have also tried just about every other drug family under the sun. I will be trying a higher dose experiment soon and I will try to post it ASAP, hope it helps yall, cheers.

Night night.

Hey, thanks for contributing to the thread. Just an fyi, we don't allow SWIM. I edited your post for you, just make sure to check out BL rules and OD Guidelines when you get a sec.

Yaaa i red them like 2 min after i posted sorry... Ya had to change it to me and my and i and all that and not like my friend or something :/

I had the chance to work with this stuff some time ago.

1.3mg seems a little low for an oral dose. 10-20mg was a good starter dose for me with no tolerance (oral). With 20 being enough for a nod. With tolerance I've tested it up much higher, and have experience with: oral, nasal, plugging, vaping the HCl and freebase, and IVing the HCl. I've gotten effects from as little as 2-5mg, but they were weak at best.

Highest dose tested was 60mg IV with a fairly high tolerance (this stuff builds tolerance very fast due to its short duration). When taken IV I find this stuff more euphoric than Morphine, Heroin, Butyr-Fentanyl or any other opioid I have experience with, however the duration is extremely short, 40-60 minutes after a shot before you're really craving another shot. When snorted or plugged the duration is much more acceptable, with a 2-4+ hour peak depending on the dosage, 3-4 being average. Oral lasts longer, 5-7 hours, but is significantly less potent and lacks the rush that's present with other ROAs.

Even snorted has a rush comparable to smoking and IVing some other potent opioids, so this stuff can be incredibly euphoric, but I'd test your stuff out and see how the burn is, I'm not sure if the stuff I had was a batch with a weird pH or if the chemical is inherently caustic or what but I found that with the stuff I had that adding a tiny bit of baking soda seemed to help, so my guess was low pH (highly acidic).

This also seems to be a Marmite (aka: love it or hate it) drug. Everyone I know who tried it either found it incredibly euphoric and comparable to the likes of Heroin, or found it to be lacking/missing something. I have a feeling there is some kappa-opioid activity with this one and that's why it's somewhat different from other opioids. It also builds tolerance in a weird way, as tolerance to this drug itself builds up massively, and seemingly other opioids are very weak while you're on it, but once you come off it your tolerance to opioids seems to have dropped massively within 24 hours as if it were lower than what it was before you took this stuff. In fact I had something similar to precipitated withdrawals a couple of times when I dosed this stuff after taking other opioids (well, one other: Dihydrocodeine), which makes me wonder if it has a super high binding affinity like say Buprenorphine and either lower mu affinity or some kappa affinity to interfere with the mu-opioid effects.

All in all a very interesting substance but one I'd handle with extreme caution, if smoked or IVed this is one of the most fiendish and addictive opioids I've tried alongside the likes of Heroin and Butyr-Fentanyl. With other ROAs at lower dosages it can be a fairly good taper/maintenance drug if you have good willpower but I'd advise dilution (and maybe adding baking soda?) if you receive stuff that burns your tissue when snorted/plugged/etc, because I nearly tore a hole through my nasal passages with this stuff when I hammered a few grams of it through my nose in a few weeks before. :p

Also on a final note, regarding the potency:
- As a pain killer, the 7.5x Morphine figure is definitely accurate, if not more - even tiny doses like 3mg or so have a noticeable painkilling effect with low tolerance, even if you feel no high you'll feel as numb as you would on a full dose of Morphine.
- In terms of actual recreational dosage, I think that number is a bit high, I'd say it's more like 3-5x the potency. i.e. 20mg IV U-47700 is similar to 60-100mg IV Morphine. That's still highly potent though and I'd be very careful with this stuff, don't play around with it if you don't have decent milligram scales and/or a known initial weight alongside liquid measurement, or get it in pill form if available.

Last edited:
I agree to the its missing something part, i tried a higher dose tonight and it was quite euphoric however my breathing was quite suppressed for the lvl of high i got , it makes me a lil nervous to try a high dose. Also i started so low cas i couldn't fined any reports from anyone who have actually tried it soooo better safe than sorry right?

^ Yeah the breathing thing is a concern. I know when I was using this stuff regularly for some time at nodding level doses I woke up each morning with drool all over my chest and covers, which is usually a sign of sleep apnea (aka where you stop breathing temporarily during your sleep) or just poor breathing in general.

The most recent time I had this I stuck to doses that would give me a nice initial rush but didn't worry too much about achieving a nod as I wanted to make it last me as long as I possibly could. That's probably the best idea if you're concerned about breathing difficulties, though it's also worth noting that despite the sleep-drooling I've taken some insanely high doses with this stuff even with little/no tolerance without any notable issues, so it's plausible that there's a steep initial curve to CNS depression but that it levels out and doesn't increase as much later on.

Either way, if you're planning to toy around with higher doses of this, I think it's wise to have Naloxone handy and a sitter who knows how to administer it properly. Good choice on doing that for your first trial.

I started at a similar range, ~1mg and worked up from there so that was a good starting point. My first couple of times I got effects from super low doses like that too, no real euphoric effects or high but I could tell I'd taken an opiate of some kind and that my body was more comfortable and somewhat numb to pain.

Also in my experience with the ROAs I tried, I found the strength something like this:
IV : Snorted : Plugged : Oral
1 : 2 : 2.5 : 3-4+

(i.e. 10mg IV is roughly 20mg snorted which is roughly 25mg plugged which is roughly 30-40mg+ oral)

Though I noticed at higher doses the numbers become more equal and IV and oral doses become closer to each other, it's just that no oral dose ever gives you the same rush as an equipotent IV dose - but the rest of the high will be similar, and the duration longer.

Note though that of course I was using opiates, this one included, on a daily basis almost all the times (if not all) that I used this, so plugged doses may be higher than you actually need, since I was a tad constipated the whole time and probably didn't get the best absorption. I imagine plugging is probably a little stronger than snorting if you've pooped right before doing it.

Last edited: