Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

.5G High grade weed, ingested by buckets left my vision damaged afterwards

DankMattress

Greenlighter
So, last week I had around 3 buckets (Search weed buckets on youtube if youre unfamiliar with the method) of some good stuff consecutively by myself at home. After I pulled the 3 buckets I immediately decided to clean everything up before anyone got home. After around 10-15 minutes of cleaning I finally finished and I went to my room to continue to do whatever I was doing (homework, games, etc) but all I can remember was that once I reached my bed, my brain yelled "OH FUCK" and I pretty much let myself collapse on the bed. My heart started racing like crazy and everytime I opened my eyes it seemed like the room was spinning. I just kept my eyes closed for majority of the trip. My heart kept racing faster and faster till I finally got a grip on the anxiety. This was the worst trip and anxiety attack I've ever experienced in my life. In fact, it was probably the only REAL anxiety attack I've ever had as nothing has ever compared to it. After that ONE trip, almost 24/7 I have what could be best described as choppy/frame peripheral vision. So unless I'm focusing on something, the things in my peripheral vision are going frame by frame. I no longer let this 'phenomenon' cause anxiety or worry but it still hasnt gone away. I would say when I'm sober, it's definitely improved but every time I smoke weed, regardless if its a small dose using some method way better than buckets (I have a vape - magic flight box) my heart rate increases even if I have no present worry or danger and the choppy / frame vision comes back.

Anyone have any insight on this? I've been smoking 1 - 3 times a day until this. I want to keep smoking but fuck I can't even enjoy it when nothing feels real anymore.

well, the obvious solution is to stop smoking.

interesting that the frame vision can also last longer than the high itself. i've only had that twice with extremely good weed. but i've had some perception disturbances that lasted for a long time (derealisation).
i'd really stop for at least a few months and then try again. since you had smoked regularly before without unpleasant aftereffects, maybe you're lucker than me and can smoke again without problems in the future.

Thanks for the speedy response! I feel like that's the route I'm going to have to take for awhile. I have midterms coming up soon for school and I feel like after that, any underlying anxiety should vanish at that point. Do you think that perhaps trying a different strain could make any difference?

I assume that by weed buckets on youtube you are referring to gravity bongs, which indeed is best used with some kind of round 5-gallon bucket or even smaller depending on if you are using a 2liter bottle as the bong or a smaller bottle which would need a smaller bucket obviously.

It sounds like you have some issues and should stop smoking weed completely. 3 massive gravity rips will get you higher than high but it should certainly not cause what you mention, me and my friends have smoked gravity bongs dozens of time with massive amounts of weed and have been fine just as we have been taking marijuana any other way.

Hmm, SoaV your response surprisingly gave me some reassurance that this problem isn't caused by weed... Simply since I know for a fact people have smoked wayyyy more than me and have turned out just fine... I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it must've been one bad trip + excessive anxiety that caused every high after that to remind me of that one experience. I've gotten high everyday since then and I think it's definitely starting to get better (or I'm just noticing it less and less). I got midterms coming up in a few days so a little break wouldn't hurt anyways ;)

Well it's obviously caused by the weed if it started and reignites the problem every time you smoke. I don't think it's so much a real thing as it is the result of your anxiety over it and the panic attack.

Once, on a smallish dose of shrooms I smoked extremely good weed and had a horrible panic attack. I had that choppy vision thing hard, felt like my 'being' was sitting in the back of my head, which I felt like I was looking down through like a movie theatre, or that I was in some sort of fleshy Mech looking out from my control room. That was from the weed alone, the.world I was looking out at had gotten ridiculous, though, undulating and morphing. The colors had gotten really bright and there were patteres on everything. I thought I was going to be seeing these patteres forever- and for a long time afterwards, I did. They weren't really there, though, my mind was just looking for them constantly, and it made them.

I think your mind is doing the same thing, it was wounded during that panic attack, so to speak, and its taking time to heal. You're clearly worried about it, though as you say, it doesn't cause problems. Try not to worry about it. If it's not hurting you, forget about it and it'll go away.

I get this EVERY time I have smoked weed...ever, I thought it was normal? And for me it is quite enjoyable. Mine has never proceeded to when I was not under the influence though, so if that is what you are saying is happening then I could see your concern...but while smoking, theres nothing to worry about, probably just some really dank bud.

Stay high man, but if you do feel you need a break, a few weeks will do, plus, it could serve as a T break! ;) peace