• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam vs Valium - flying anxiety

well you really have to be careful there, although etizolam and other thienodiazepine analogues are legal are legak in most countries it doesn't apply to all; Germany, for instance.

check the legality of etizolam before you decide to bring it on a flight with you, or they could slap you with some bullsh*t charge of illegally importing a controlled substance or something.

its 1 loose pill.. if they have questions tell them its a 2mg valium that you were prescribed for the flight and say you only got two and threw the bottle out at home and took the pill with you, if they get their knickers in a twist, pop the damn pill and the evidence is gone and the problem is solved. lol.

You don't take benzos regularly but you require 30-50mg? If I have taken up to 70.. but I have been on Kpin/Val/X/Ati & Fioricet since 2009... So I have a tolerance..

How the fuck do you need that much?

Anyways...
If you can't get a script buy Etz. There is no trip. Etz won't make you feel loopy.

With that much Val I would suggest ~3mg etz.. probably more. However, each time I've ordered it the strength wasn't the same.

Happy travels..

You don't take benzos regularly but you require 30-50mg? If I have taken up to 70.. but I have been on Kpin/Val/X/Ati & Fioricet since 2009... So I have a tolerance..

How the fuck do you need that much?

Anyways...
If you can't get a script buy Etz. There is no trip. Etz won't make you feel loopy.

With that much Val I would suggest ~3mg etz.. probably more. However, each time I've ordered it the strength wasn't the same.

Happy travels..

Some people just have a higher threshold for benzos. By themselves they are very mild to me even in large doses.

Etizolam isn't going to give you that long lasting heavy, sedated, and relaxed feeling. It's much lighter and shorter acting. It will definitely take away your anxiety and make you feel a lot more relaxed though. If you need 50mg of Valium to achieve those effects I would take 5-6 mg of Etizolam every 4-6 hours. It is not going to feel the same though just a heads up.

Etizolam is one of the best benzos I've tried it's on par with Xanax to me & last a little bit longer, about 3-4hrs compared to 2-3hrs. But for flight anxiety I would think Valium would be better, at least for long flights. Both should do the trick.

BTW there's no hallucinogenic effects from etizolam maybe ur thinking of z-drugs like ambien & lunesta which are very similar to benzos.

yeah i know what ones your talking about. how many did they give you?
in my past experience they only give one 2mg for the outward journey and one 2mg for the return. which is total crap.
amazing to observe the American medical systems differences to ours; i once sat next to an American on a 9 hour flight to India and he gave me about 4 xanax, I declined initially because i thought he was giving me his entire Rx, then he just pulled an orange bottle filled to the brim with these pink beauties and we both just started laughing our heads off. i digress...

i always found etizolam to be much harder hitting but with a shorter duration (re-dose time of about three hours). i also found the memory loss was far less with etizolam, a lot more clear-headed and anxiolytic.

it could be you ended up with some bunk stuff, or just differing physiologies. they make etizolam in the 2mg form now, which is red instead of blue (but inside they're all white), so you could try those; i find they absolutely floored me.

my doc used to give me 100mg in 5mg tabs for a four hour flight. 50 mg on the flight out and same on the way back a couple of beers and as was there bliss. Moved from the area cant get a doc to give me 28 5mg pils and tells me not to see him for more in a year and we own a holiday home in Cyprus and the wife is a teacher and every half term summer holidays we were always there in sunny Cyprus now its 15 mg per trip and loads of beer. I know its dangerous but I have never had any problems 15 mg dont touch me and I am awake for the entire flight

IMO, etiz feels indistinguishable from other benzos. 1 mg of etiz = 10 mg of diazepam, so adjust your dose accordingly. If you're worried about the effects, test it out before flying. I use Xanax for flying anxiety but have substituted etiz, Ativan and Valium with no problems.

id take the valium for sure.. just pop it on an emptyish stomach RIGHT when you walk in the airport.. if concerned about NSA.. its all good ive brought prescription pills many times on a plane, some not in the correct bottles.. no issue.

Americans are pill heads it will be ok.

Benzo Switches ANY EXPERIENCES?

Hi, I took Klonapin for about 2 years and it worked amazing for me. Then it pooped out and they switched me to Ativan. I have been on Ativan for a week now and I feel like I need it constantly and I am really anxious. I think that it is due to the short half life. I am now being switched slowly to Valium. Do you think valium will work? Why am I being switched slowly?

I am also switching from Vyvance to Dextrostat. Vyvance pooped out and previously I did not like conerta, or ritalin.

I am also on 300mg of Lamotrigine at night. 300mg of Trileptal at night, and 600mg of Trileptral in the morning.

Switching anything with lamotrigine is hell. When I did a 150 morning and 150 night dose of lamotrigine my life was hell and there was blurry vision and spinning everwhere and I had a semi seizure.

Hi, I took Klonapin for about 2 years and it worked amazing for me. Then it pooped out and they switched me to Ativan. I have been on Ativan for a week now and I feel like I need it constantly and I am really anxious. I think that it is due to the short half life. I am now being switched slowly to Valium. Do you think valium will work? Why am I being switched slowly?

I am also switching from Vyvance to Dextrostat. Vyvance pooped out and previously I did not like conerta, or ritalin.

I am also on 300mg of Lamotrigine at night. 300mg of Trileptal at night, and 600mg of Trileptral in the morning.

Switching anything with lamotrigine is hell. When I did a 150 morning and 150 night dose of lamotrigine my life was hell and there was blurry vision and spinning everwhere and I had a semi seizure.

I take about 30mg on shorter flights, but up to 50mg on long haul flights. I use it just to fly, so have taken it about a dozen times in the last year.

That much doesn't knock me out, I'm still awake but just very very dopey (also get serious munchies!). Funny thing is I'm 5 foot and about 7.5 stone, so doctors are even more reluctant to prescribe it because of my size. I used to take quite a lot of drugs (pills, coke, mdma) so perhaps that's had an effect on my tolerance now.

Very surprised 4mg has any effect on you at all!

Oh and thank you to everyone for your responses, they were really helpful. I've ordered some etizolam so we'll see how I get on.

OP, where are you flying from/to?

Getting stopped with Etizolam may cause you quite a lot of hassle if you're caught flying with it. Even though it's probably legal where you're flying from/to, you'll most probably be detained whilst they very the substance to determine its legality.

Carrying a clearly labelled prescription medication would avoid the possibility of this scenario.

Just a thought, as I've been stopped whilst carrying Etizolam and it was nothing but hassle.

Rybee - I would be using for multiple flights in the future, mostly Europe. Definitely got a flight planned London-NY next year. Also London-China-Sydney. I am a bit more concerned about the latter, and need to look up China's rules.

Where were you stopped if you don't mind me asking? I have a bottle with a valium label on it, and a doctor's letter to go with it. I could put it in there but not sure that's a good idea.