• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Zofran (ondansetron) with MDMA to combat come-up nausea?

luxray

Bluelighter
Ever since I (by mistake) took a very high dose of MDMA, which made me throw up like crazy, I've started throwing up during the come up of normal doses (the first hour to half an hour).
Last night it completely ruined my roll. I had spit my initial dose into 2 piles, and ended up just throwing up the rest of the MDMA as soon as the first pile started to hit, leaving the experience very underwhelming. Throwing up doesn't bother me that much, but it's not convenient when being at a rave...
All I got was some tactile sensation, and tiny bit of jaw clenching, and I was extremely tired (which I get if I underdose), so absolutely no euphoria or empathy. I wasn't feeling bad, I had a great time, awesome rave. But because I knew I would just throw up again if I redosed, I decided not redose. It was pouring rain outside, and you had to wait in line forever to use the bathrooms. I had already spent an hour or so running from the dance floor and outside in the rain and back, not fun.

Next time I think I'll just dose all at once(?), and dose at home where I can throw up in a comfortable enviorment.. But if zofran may help, I think I'm going to try that as well...

I always use zofran when I take psychedelics, but I have never used it with MDMA before. Does anyone know if zofran effects the roll in any way?

Had no experience with this combination, but an effective way of avoiding nausea during the come up is to plug.

Yeah, I know about that possibility. But I'm not comfortable with doing that, in case it might cause damage. I'd just rather take nausea during the come up then...

What you could try is split your dose in two and take them about 20 minutes apart. This will give you close to the effects of the full dose, but because it dissolves in your stomach more gradual it will ease the nausea a bit

This study found no significant interactions between ondansetron and MDMA. It was a study done on the protective properties of certain compounds when mixed with MDMA but it does seem to indicate no ill effects from combining them. Folley found that article by the way, not me

Thanks BlueBull :)

I'm a little apprehensive regarding splitting the dosage. Just because I'm afraid I will throw up either way. And by splitting it, I'll only prolong the come up - and hence prolong the nausea. And worst case just throw up MDMA, leaving me underdosed... But I'll think about it, I know it works for many people who gets nauseous during the come up :)

I probably won't be taking Zofran either, cause I'm only nauseous during the come up, not when I'm up. So it's just a waste of expensive medication :) I'll save my Zofran till my psychedelic trips, where I'm nauseous the entire time... Or save for candflip, or MDMA + 2cb trips :)

Update. Splitting the dosage doesn't work for me unfortuantly - tried it the last time I rolled. I puke just the same when starting with 60, as when I just drop 120 all at once. I'm just nauseous during the come up, but it's annoying when at an inside event...

I have found out that Zofran doesn't interact with MDMA (safe combo) - so I'm acually going to try it the next time i roll. In a month (I'm on a 3 month break now).

Update, Zofran removes all MDMA-induced nausea, without interfering with the MDMA effect. I'm extremely happy about it :)

Thanks! Had forgot how nice the first hour actually could be, when not nauseous.. lol :D

To be honest I think I am going to start plugging next time I roll because last night I tried IVing pure MDMA and it was well awesome. I did smaller shots about 50mg each and the nice thing was those were not huge so I didnt get a rush or anything but what i did get was no nausea and no waiting to come up with stomach hurting which i usually get. It is normally not debilitating but it definitely makes the come up and first 1.5 hours for me rough.

IVing MDMA is stupid because I understand the synthesis and how it gets to be. I also understand what I consider amateur synthesis, basically anything not pharmaceutical so even RCs to an extent, is never pure and will always have some adulterants even something as silly as "the crystals being brownish and smelling slightly of sass" that means your injecting byproducts or left over material which can rot your insides if it is particularly nasty.

This can be avoided with plugging. Having experienced IV MDMA and loving it yet the increase in positives is vastly out weighted by the increased harm produced. The ratio will be much better up the butt and i bet short of the semi instant come up it will be relatively the same. I must admit I am slightly excited having had such a great experience without the nausea.

^plugging MDMA did not eliminate nausea for me...(tested, moderate dose).

I don't, but there is no reason to think it wouldn't remove the nausea without any negative side effects.